Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IowaPoke

Any news on Josh Allen?

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Then he clearly doesn't have the injury his mother reported, because that isn't something you come back from in a week.   Either his mother was wrong, or Bohl is bullshitting and he's not playing - pretty sure it's the latter. 

Bohl said “we think we’ll see Josh this week”. Bohl doesn’t strike me as a liar. My guess is he plays. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Then he clearly doesn't have the injury his mother reported, because that isn't something you come back from in a week.   Either his mother was wrong, or Bohl is bullshitting and he's not playing - pretty sure it's the latter. 

Tell your coaches that there is absolutely no reason to prepare for Josh Allen at all this week and they need not worry about Wyoming's passing game.  I'm sure they will appreciate the help.

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Tell your coaches that there is absolutely no reason to prepare for Josh Allen at all this week and they need not worry about Wyoming's passing game.  I'm sure they will appreciate the help.

see below:

2 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

backup QBs always shred the +++++ out of us so even if he doesn't play i'm not celebrating lol

pretty sure this is some good old fashioned gamesmanship but i guess we'll see come saturday.

A big part of playing in the NFL is playing semi hurt. JA most definitely wants to play this week because he is a competitor. He has teammates that have played semi injured this year. I believe he wants to show everybody that he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. That means a lot in the locker room. If he shows his teammates he is willing to do whatever it takes, they also will do the same. That is how winning programs build success. His teammates know he is not only playing for himself, he is playing for them too. Now, if he truly is injured, then it is on the doctors to shut him down because JA will not shut himself down. They will not clear him to play unless they feel that he can do so and maybe that is the gamesmanship of Coach Bohl coming out. Given the chance though, JA is playing this week.  

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

We'll know on gameday.  Maybe Josh really is day-to-day and maybe he is out already.  Either way you don't tip your hand and you make Fresno prepare for Josh.  I don't think for a second that coach Bohl is going to risk Josh's future.

Even if he does play, I think the defense will stack the line.  With a bad wing his zip and accuracy will likely be affected.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

All speculation before the MRI and medical staff's evaluation.  It can be a very mild sprain.  It can be a severe sprain.  Mom can be right.  Sheesh guys, patience

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Anyone actually know how long recovery is for an AC sprain? Google says six weeks. If that's correct then JA's season may be over with.

Depends on the grade. I haven't heard anything about what grade of a sprain it is yet.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

58 minutes ago, Wyoman said:

A big part of playing in the NFL is playing semi hurt. JA most definitely wants to play this week because he is a competitor. He has teammates that have played semi injured this year. I believe he wants to show everybody that he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. That means a lot in the locker room. If he shows his teammates he is willing to do whatever it takes, they also will do the same. That is how winning programs build success. His teammates know he is not only playing for himself, he is playing for them too. Now, if he truly is injured, then it is on the doctors to shut him down because JA will not shut himself down. They will not clear him to play unless they feel that he can do so and maybe that is the gamesmanship of Coach Bohl coming out. Given the chance though, JA is playing this week.  

I'm just not a big fan of playing injured players when there's a serious chance to aggravate that injury.   As a rule.

3 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No it hasn't and no he doesn't.  Keep in mind that he has played 4 years of college football and is close to graduating.

It has always been known that he is a competitor with elite physical skills that will need development at the next level.  That has not changed at all this year (if anything it has been reinforced).  He absolutely will be a top-10 pick.  Another year of college football is simply another year without collecting a paycheck.  

I'd love to have him back.  But the reality is that it would be senseless unless there is some type of severe injury which would plummet his draft stock.

Played 4 years of College Football?  He played one year at a JC, then played in one half of a game against eastern Michigan when he got hurt.  One full year last year then this year. So hes played 2 years at the FBS level. Basically 14 games last season and probably 13 this year.........so 27 total! 

53 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I'm just not a big fan of playing injured players when there's a serious chance to aggravate that injury.   As a rule.

Agreed.

There are exceptions though.

Kari Shrugg for instance.  Hell, that was they pinnacle of her sport.  Why not stick the landing on her bloody stump of a foot.

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Our coaches don't prepare for specific players, they prepare for teams and focus on doing what we do best.

Two of the best defenses in the MWC...I expect a low-scoring affair. 17-13 sounds about right.

Ceiling: Brock Osweiler

Floor: Christian Hackenburg 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, phxpoke said:

I hope he does play. It is a chance to show Fresno what a mistake they made. He will most likely go up against guys from his high school playing days.  Also, if he is playing well, and we can go 9-3, we will probably get a decent bowl. 

I dunno if he'll have played against a single player on fresno's roster.  Most of the local kids on the roster are from higher divisions.  Firebaugh is D-4, that's pretty low down the rung.  There just aren't a lot of d-1 players coming out of those schools.

19 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I dunno if he'll have played against a single player on fresno's roster.  Most of the local kids on the roster are from higher divisions.  Firebaugh is D-4, that's pretty low down the rung.  There just aren't a lot of d-1 players coming out of those schools.

Did he play in the City County game? If so there might be a couple of kids on the team that he played against.

2 hours ago, phxpoke said:

I hope he does play. It is a chance to show Fresno what a mistake they made. He will most likely go up against guys from his high school playing days.  Also, if he is playing well, and we can go 9-3, we will probably get a decent bowl. 

FWIW the offending coaches are no longer here.  That would be a pointless mentality.  Although I'm sure the media will milk it nonetheless.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

33 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

He might have camped with a few of them.

8 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

FWIW the offending coaches are no longer here.  That would be a pointless mentality.  Although I'm sure the media will milk it nonetheless.

The media angle is who Brittany Williams will be cheering for?  B)