Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 2: 11/13 -11/19

On 11/16/2017 at 11:46 AM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Illinois pulls out the upset, nice. 

Nice.  WY plays the Cocks 12/6.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

2 hours ago, bleachedwheat said:

NMSU will win their conference again, not a horrible loss for New Mexico since it is most likely a tournament team.  They really packed the stadium too, I like NMSU over San Jose State in the Mountain West wish it would happen sooner than later

NMSU didn't win their conference last year, Cal State Bakersfield did (at least the regular season). 

Comically early RPI update: The Mountain West at 20-7 is the 16th best ranked conference.

22. Wyoming

60. Nevada

69. Boise State

96. UNLV

198. Utah State

218. Air Force

221. Fresno State

240 San Diego State

254. Colorado State

294. New Mexico

303. San Jose State

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Yeah, pretty pointless to draw anything from the RPI until at least the start of December...this time of year you see teams like South Dakota at #7 and Gonzaga at #221. SDSU, Fresno, CSU and UNM aren't going to stay in the 200's and Wyo isn't staying in the 20's (although I'm sure they will take offense to me saying that). Everyone else looks like they might be at least somewhat close now to where they will actual end up though. 

4 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Yeah, pretty pointless to draw anything from the RPI until at least the start of December...this time of year you see teams like South Dakota at #7 and Gonzaga at #221. SDSU, Fresno, CSU and UNM aren't going to stay in the 200's and Wyo isn't staying in the 20's (although I'm sure they will take offense to me saying that). Everyone else looks like they might be at least somewhat close now to where they will actual end up though. 

New ?? will finish below 200.

6 hours ago, KingBronco said:

I don’t really take anything away from it, other than I’m interested by watching things that slowly come together and fall into place.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

That’ll put the second weekend in the books. It wasn’t a disaster, but it wasn’t far from it.

Comically early RPI update: The Mountain West at 21-11 is the 10th ranked conference and is projected to be the 8th by year’s end.

14. Wyoming

32. Air Force

34. Nevada

99. UNLV

147. Boise State

208. Fresno State

214. San Diego State

215. Utah State

231. Colorado State

273. San Jose State

318. New Mexico

Kenpom

55. Nevada

74. San Diego State

83. Fresno State

84. Wyoming

85. Boise State

123. Utah State

140. UNLV

161. Colorado State

179. New Mexico

198. Air Force

305. San Jose State