Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 2: 11/13 -11/19

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

of course time will tell, but whose win was better? Nev over Rhode Island at home or Wyoming at beavers?

Nevada beat Oregon St by 30 last season and Washington on the road. Neither did anything for SOS. I think we won’t know how good these wins are until February. 

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

of course time will tell, but whose win was better? Nev over Rhode Island at home or Wyoming at beavers?

RI for sure.     Pokes play at S.Car (last year final 4 team) in a few weeks, good test there. 

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Nevada beat Oregon St by 30 last season and Washington on the road. Neither did anything for SOS. I think we won’t know how good these wins are until February. 

Supposedly Oregon State is much improved over last year..which I guess isn’t hard to do.  Just hoping the Beaves turn it on and give Wyoming a really solid OOC road win.  Regardless nice W pokes 

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

Supposedly Oregon State is much improved over last year..which I guess isn’t hard to do.  Just hoping the Beaves turn it on and give Wyoming a really solid OOC road win.  Regardless nice W pokes 

I think Oregon State wins around twenty games.  Regarding the idiots from above, 50% of RPI is your opponents record.  Beating a team who wins five games does essentially nothing.  No amount of P5 pixie dust changes that.

47 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I think Oregon State wins around twenty games.  Regarding the idiots from above, 50% of RPI is your opponents record.  Beating a team who wins five games does essentially nothing.  No amount of P5 pixie dust changes that.

50%?  Obviously I knew it mattered how well your opponents (especially the ones you beat) do, but is it really 50%?  Asking for an idiot...

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Definitely Nevada's win in my opinion.  RI was like a team or two out of the top 25 this week, right?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

50%?  Obviously I knew it mattered how well your opponents (especially the ones you beat) do, but is it really 50%?  Asking for an idiot...

Yes.  The RPI is flawed because two teams can go 0-31, both suck equally, and one could be rated much higher than the other based on the fact that they played better competition.

KenPom is a much better system because it accounts for how you perform in the game.

53 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Man, I hope you're right re the 20 wins

The World Needs More Cowboys!

36 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

25% your winning percentage

50% your opponent’s winning percentage

25% your opponent’s opponent’s winning percentage

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If you throw up another 140 burger it’ll turn out fine.

Oh if we do that against an actual NCAA School, then I'll immediately be starting a thread about how we're going to murder all of you guys in league play

56 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

25% your winning percentage

50% your opponent’s winning percentage

25% your opponent’s opponent’s winning percentage

And they use selective weighting procedures.  Some of it makes no sense.  I do know that games you win count as 0.6 wins at home, 1 win at a neutral site, and 1.4 wins on the road.  It’s the exact opposite if you lose.

9 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

holy shit, #1 duke and #2 michigan state play tonight.  Thats a heavyweight fight.

did you just see duke get away with throwing that elbow to ben carter's face? didn't even get a flagrant for it, typical duke.