Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 2: 11/13 -11/19

Better slate of games this week.

All times are mountain 

Monday, November 13th:

Montana State @ Utah State

7 PM
Mountain West Network 

Cal State Northridge @ Fresno State

8 PM

Mountain West Network

Wyoming @ Oregon State

9 PM

Pac 12 Networks

Rhode Island @ Nevada

9:30 PM

ESPNU

Tuesday, November 14th:

Canisius @ Air Force

5 PM

Mountain West Network

Omaha @ New Mexico

7 PM

Mountain West Network

San Diego State @ Arizona State

7 PM

Pac 12 Networks

Winthrop @ Colorado State

7 PM

Mountain West Network

Wednesday, November 15th:

Mississippi Valley State @ Utah State

7 PM

Mountain West Network

Prairie View A&M @ UNLV

8 PM

Mountain West Network

Nevada @ Santa Clara

8 PM

TheW.tv

Thursday, November 16th:

Boise State vs. UTEP (Puerto Rico Tip Off)

Noon

ESPNU

San Jose State @ Southern Utah

6:30 PM

Pluto TV

Friday November 17th:

Boise State vs. South Carolina or Illinois State

8:30 AM (if they lose opener) or 11 AM (if they win opener)

ESPNU (if they lose opener) or ESPN2 (if they win opener)

Colorado State vs. Tulane (Montego Bay, Jamaica)

Noon

CBS Sports Network

Fresno State @ Arkansas

6 PM

SEC Network Plus (I think that means WatchESPN, but you have to be an SEC Network subscriber to get it)

New Mexico @ New Mexico State

7 PM

ESPN3

Eastern Washington @ UNLV

8 PM

Mountain West Network

McNeese State @ San Diego State

8:30

Fox Sports San Diego

Saturday, November 18th:

Utah State @ #18 Gonzaga 

8 PM

ESPN3

Nevada @ Pacific

8 PM

TheW.tv

Sunday, November 19th:

Boise State vs Iowa State/Appalachian State/Tulsa/Western Michigan (Puerto Rico Tip Off)

9:30 AM (7th Place), Noon (5th Place), 3 PM (3rd Place), or 5:30 PM (Championship)

ESPN3 (7th Place), ESPNU (5th and 3rd Place), or ESPN2 (Championship)

Colorado State vs. Florida State (Montego Bay, Jamaica)

3 PM

CBS Sports Network

#22 St. Mary's @ San Jose State

6 PM

Mountain West Network 

Could start learning a bit about teams this week.

Wolfpack have a massive test against a Rhode Island who should be in the top 25, following up with back to back road games is nothing to sneeze at either, even if both teams are meh.

The Azetcs go to Tempe to take on what should at least be an NIT Caliber team.

Wyoming gets a bad Pac 12 team on the road, but still a Pac 12 team.

I think it's weird that CSU is playing a non tournament games in Jamaica, but whatever. FSU is expected to be right on the bubble this year, so that's a nice neutral site get. Tulane is meh, but that's not the worst game in the world either.

Fresno goes away to an Arkansas team that's in Lunardi's First Four Out.

I'm interested to see how Boise does in Myrtle Beach, they could get some decent games later in the bracket if they can beat UTEP.

UNM goes away to Las Cruces, which is always a decent barometer game early in the year. I also imagine Aggie fans will be a little extra pumped this year, with the Weir thing.

Utah State and SJSU both have really big teams this week, though I doubt either will be competitive. I don't know how the hell The Spartans managed to get a top 25 team to come to their place, but kudos for it.

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Big week with long term repercussions for how we end up perceived as a conference.

yes, i hope we can win most of these. optimistic with all except san jose v st mary's.

and I am so happy that preseason tournaments start up this week. I'm still not happy that espn is not doing their kick off marathon this year, the aztecs/asu game would be part of that, for sure. just go win, beat bobby hurley. he'll probably let his name be announced as coach thinking the aztecs won't boo him. putz.

i'd also like to see a boise/iowa state showdown, as well.

53 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

yes, i hope we can win most of these. optimistic with all except san jose v st mary's.

and I am so happy that preseason tournaments start up this week. I'm still not happy that espn is not doing their kick off marathon this year, the aztecs/asu game would be part of that, for sure. just go win, beat bobby hurley. he'll probably let his name be announced as coach thinking the aztecs won't boo him. putz.

i'd also like to see a boise/iowa state showdown, as well.

What you got against bobby hurley?  He NEVER did anything to the Rebels :D:friends:

35 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

What you got against bobby hurley?  He NEVER did anything to the Rebels :D:friends:

do you know that when we went down there last year he wouldn't let his name be announced as coach? he had gotten boo'd at the T&M the year before, i guess he was too afraid a few dozen rebel fans would boo him in his own house.

34 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

You got one job Rammies, don't screw this up vs Tulane.

jordan cornish is eligible at tulane this year. if he shoots like he did as a freshman he'll be a threat from outside. his sophmore year, not so much.

2 hours ago, sebasour said:

Wolfpack have a massive test against a Rhode Island who should be in the top 25, following up with back to back road games is nothing to sneeze at either, even if both teams are meh.

I think it's weird that CSU is playing a non tournament games in Jamaica, but whatever. FSU is expected to be right on the bubble this year, so that's a nice neutral site get. Tulane is meh, but that's not the worst game in the world either.

I'm interested to see how Boise does in Myrtle Beach, they could get some decent games later in the bracket if they can beat UTEP.

UNM goes away to Las Cruces, which is always a decent barometer game early in the year. I also imagine Aggie fans will be a little extra pumped this year, with the Weir thing.

Utah State and SJSU both have really big teams this week, though I doubt either will be competitive. I don't know how the hell The Spartans managed to get a top 25 team to come to their place, but kudos for it.

1.  Who cares what Conference they’re in?

2.  Oregon State will probably win.  They will be much improved this year.  They will at least triple their win total from last year.  They may quadruple or quintuple it.

3 hours ago, sebasour said:

Though I doubt Wyoming will be able to take advantage of the matchup with that bad PAC12 team.....they are down five players due various injuries and a concussion......never seen anything like it considering the season is only days old.  

Small Hetfield_Cowboys.jpg

19 minutes ago, Triple-WY said:

Though I doubt Wyoming will be able to take advantage of the matchup with that bad PAC12 team.....they are down five players due various injuries and a concussion......never seen anything like it considering the season is only days old.  

Oregon State will be very improved.

4 hours ago, sebasour said:

Better slate of games this week.

All times are mountain 

Monday, November 13th:

Montana State @ Utah State

7 PM
Mountain West Network 

Cal State Northridge @ Fresno State

8 PM

Mountain West Network

Wyoming @ Oregon State

9 PM

Pac 12 Networks

Rhode Island @ Nevada

9:30 PM

ESPNU

Tuesday, November 14th:

Canisius @ Air Force

5 PM

Mountain West Network

Omaha @ New Mexico

7 PM

Mountain West Network

San Diego State @ Arizona State

7 PM

Pac 12 Networks

Winthrop @ Colorado State

7 PM

Mountain West Network

Wednesday, November 15th:

Mississippi Valley State @ Utah State

7 PM

Mountain West Network

Prairie View A&M @ UNLV

8 PM

Mountain West Network

Nevada @ Santa Clara

8 PM

TheW.tv

Thursday, November 16th:

Boise State vs. UTEP (Puerto Rico Tip Off)

Noon

ESPNU

San Jose State @ Southern Utah

6:30 PM

Pluto TV

Friday November 17th:

Boise State vs. South Carolina or Illinois State

8:30 AM (if they lose opener) or 11 AM (if they win opener)

ESPNU (if they lose opener) or ESPN2 (if they win opener)

Colorado State vs. Tulane (Montego Bay, Jamaica)

Noon

CBS Sports Network

Fresno State @ Arkansas

6 PM

SEC Network Plus (I think that means WatchESPN, but you have to be an SEC Network subscriber to get it)

New Mexico @ New Mexico State

7 PM

ESPN3

Eastern Washington @ UNLV

8 PM

Mountain West Network

McNeese State @ San Diego State

8:30

Fox Sports San Diego

Saturday, November 18th:

Utah State @ #18 Gonzaga 

8 PM

ESPN3

Nevada @ Pacific

8 PM

TheW.tv

Sunday, November 19th:

Boise State vs Iowa State/Appalachian State/Tulsa/Western Michigan (Puerto Rico Tip Off)

9:30 AM (7th Place), Noon (5th Place), 3 PM (3rd Place), or 5:30 PM (Championship)

ESPN3 (7th Place), ESPNU (5th and 3rd Place), or ESPN2 (Championship)

Colorado State vs. Florida State (Montego Bay, Jamaica)

3 PM

CBS Sports Network

#22 St. Mary's @ San Jose State

6 PM

Mountain West Network 

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Should be pinned each week. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

7 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

do you know that when we went down there last year he wouldn't let his name be announced as coach? he had gotten boo'd at the T&M the year before, i guess he was too afraid a few dozen rebel fans would boo him in his own house.

I did not know that. It's been 25+ years and he is still intimidated by UNLV fans? I am shocked because - who could boo that face?

2681687-9175403909-hurle.jpg