Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

Football Turd of the 2017 season

15 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Humboldt State football may be gone in the next two weeks.

HSU said it needed to fund-raise $500,000 which the campus would match to save the football team for next season. The last report was they only had raised $337,315.

HSU's president wants to announce a decision about the 2018 football season by Thanksgiving to give players time to transfer if the program is axed (sorry couldn't resist). Barring a last minute big angel donor it doesn't look good.

I didn't know it had gotten that bad and it's depressing to hear. I couldn't live in Eureka as it's too isolated and too overcast most of the year but it's a great little town which has survived the virtual death of the lumber industry and HSU football matters.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Lawsuit was filed in federal court so it's presumably a U.S.C. 1983 action. If so, the former player must be looking for punitive damages because it's unlikely he will be able to prove any actual damages: https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Section+1983 So IF the kid actually wins - and he's probably going to have to prove wanton behavior by Wojcik - AND if he's awarded punitive damages, it's virtually guaranteed the university will strive to have them thrown out by the trial judge or an appellate court. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The Georgia Southern Whozits are going to beat the Coastal Carolina Whatchamacallits and then leapfrog SJSU.

As to UTEA, I had forgotten about the Minors. They're a team only alumni and Craig Thompson could love.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, flo4wyo said:

No way? You mean CSU is  a middle of the road team like usual?  But wait..........you all think the MWC is garbage and there is no way you shouldn't win the Mountain Division every year, especially this year because you have a shiny new stadium. NEWS FLASH:  You didn't and wont beat a team with a winning record, unless your bowl game opponent is better than 6-6?  But he congrats on scoring all those points and leading the league in something!

Well, the sporting news reporters picked CSU to contend if not win in preseason. Senior qb and good schedule. But I guess that is FAKE news.

19 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Humboldt State football may be gone in the next two weeks.

HSU said it needed to fund-raise $500,000 which the campus would match to save the football team for next season. The last report was they only had raised $337,315.

HSU's president wants to announce a decision about the 2018 football season by Thanksgiving to give players time to transfer if the program is axed (sorry couldn't resist). Barring a last minute big angel donor it doesn't look good.

I thought Marijuana legalization would have saved them. Guess not. If they weren't so damned stoned already they could have had the shop up and running by now.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

20 hours ago, Rampage said:

Well, the sporting news reporters picked CSU to contend if not win in preseason. Senior qb and good schedule. But I guess that is FAKE news.

Are you serious?  You really care about pre season magazine predictions?  First of all you didn't contend and second you didn't even win the division.  But hey I'm sure you believed all the news when they reported Clinton would be the next President!  LMFAO!!!!  

1 hour ago, flo4wyo said:

Are you serious?  You really care about pre season magazine predictions?  First of all you didn't contend and second you didn't even win the division.  But hey I'm sure you believed all the news when they reported Clinton would be the next President!  LMFAO!!!!  

So who is your turd? SJSU? You can predict them being a turd until the life ends in the universe.