Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

Football Turd of the 2017 season

5 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

One thing SJSU is in desperate need of is a Turnover Chain. Currently -26 for the season, and counting, (avg. -2.36 per game).

What you’re in desperate need of is for your president to put the football program out of its misery and put all of your other sports in the Big West where you belong. 

I don't think SJSU can be fixed. Their very marginal BB coach walked away. Nuff said about the FB situation.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

The hardcore SJSU fans have been debating the problems for a long time. Ultimately they and the SJSU administration will decide what actions to take.

I was reading the SJ newspaper's spin on the SJSU game and saw a long comment from user iconoclast59. I don't know if he has any connection to SJSU as an alum, parent, fan, etc. Babigos or creeper might know.

Obviously SJSU has a group of strong supporters/defenders (albeit it is small) so I am not copying this here to troll the entire fanbase. But iconoclast59 expressed very bluntly one of the big problems that SJSU has to overcome. I'm not copying his whole comment over from the link, only this portion.

There's no spirit at SJS. The alumni are terrible. Quite possibly the worst alumni of any school in the country. Here you sit in one of the richest and most prosperous communities in America and the school cannot raise the monies to have first-class facilities. Yet you have alums who have made billions of dollars in their careers and they give ZIP back to the school that provided them a largely free education that helped make their career successes possible.

Say what you will about the farmers who went to Fresno State or an oilman like T. Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State. At least those people have some pride in the school they graduated from. SJS alumni have no pride and they have no class.

SJS' alumni - especially the rich ones, are absolutely the most worthless people to ever come down the road. The exceptions are so notable you can count them on one hand and should be appreciated for everything they did, but the rest of them are worthless ingrates.

It's because of their lack of involvement and giving that SJS athletic program is a joke.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/11/san-jose-state-crushed-by-1-8-team/#comments

7 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The hardcore SJSU fans have been debating the problems for a long time. Ultimately they and the SJSU administration will decide what actions to take.

I was reading the SJ newspaper's spin on the SJSU game and saw a long comment from user iconoclast59. I don't know if he has any connection to SJSU as an alum, parent, fan, etc. Babigos or creeper might know.

Obviously SJSU has a group of strong supporters/defenders (albeit it is small) so I am not copying this here to troll the entire fanbase. But iconoclast59 expressed very bluntly one of the big problems that SJSU has to overcome. I'm not copying his whole comment over from the link, only this portion.

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. 

But Sharta posters on here praised the hire of an (outside) WRs coach for their next head coach (except Babs) so......they seem content to be mediocre/shitty. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

What you’re in desperate need of is for your president to put the football program out of its misery and put all of your other sports in the Big West where you belong. 

Seems I can't post anywhere on this site without you quoting me and responding. Sounds like someone has a crush and is trying to get noticed. I'm flattered.

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

I don't think SJSU can be fixed. Their very marginal BB coach walked away. Nuff said about the FB situation.

There's no spirit at SJS. The alumni are terrible. Quite possibly the worst alumni of any school in the country. Here you sit in one of the richest and most prosperous communities in America and the school cannot raise the monies to have first-class facilities. Yet you have alums who have made billions of dollars in their careers and they give ZIP back to the school that provided them a largely free education that helped make their career successes possible.

Say what you will about the farmers who went to Fresno State or an oilman like T. Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State. At least those people have some pride in the school they graduated from. SJS alumni have no pride and they have no class.

SJS' alumni - especially the rich ones, are absolutely the most worthless people to ever come down the road. The exceptions are so notable you can count them on one hand and should be appreciated for everything they did, but the rest of them are worthless ingrates.

It's because of their lack of involvement and giving that SJS athletic program is a joke.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/11/san-jose-state-crushed-by-1-8-team/#comments

@creeper86

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

37 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Seems I can't post anywhere on this site without you quoting me and responding. Sounds like someone has a crush and is trying to get noticed. I'm flattered.

Lol, that’s great Mike.

Do you think Sharta should drop football or drop to FCS?  You must be proud as a peacock about Sharta football right about now. 

More FCS talk. You guys should really consider it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/Board/102442/Contents/We-are-1-0-vs-FCS-0-11-vs-FBS-Do-the-math-people-110368141

23 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Lol, that’s great Mike.

Do you think Sharta should drop football or drop to FCS?  You must be proud as a peacock about Sharta football right about now. 

And you always want to know what I'm thinking. Do you want to know what I'm wearing too?

Champ Logo.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

And you always want to know what I'm thinking. Do you want to know what I'm wearing too?

No thanks. But your Gay Area buddy creepy might. 

Can you tell us just how proud you are to be a Sharta fan?

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

6 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

You've clearly got SJS fans on your mind. Scar tissue no doubt.

Yes Mike. Scar tissue from a quarter century of Sharta greatness. LOL

I’m just curious as to why you think Sharta shouldn’t drop to FCS? Do you think Brennen can turn Sharta around next year like Tedford?

Pump the brakes... San no sé St. Isn't as much of a runaway this year as thought. We all knew they were going to bad but UNM on the other hand was expected to go bowling. My Lobos have lost and lost badly. Sad thing is UNM is coming off a 9 win season with a more talented roster. 

UNM plays UNLV for senior night this Friday, a loss at home to the rebels and then Aztecs the following week, I believe would overtake sjsu for the bottom spot and Turd of the year trophy ??.

7 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Yes Mike. Scar tissue from a quarter century of Sharta greatness. LOL

I’m just curious as to why you think Sharta shouldn’t drop to FCS? Do you think Brennen can turn Sharta around next year like Tedford?

How did dropping down to FCS work out for Santa Clara in our market?

As for Brennan, I have no idea. I do know that things can change very quickly in college football. We won one game in 2010, and two seasons later we won 11, including a bowl, and finished in the Top 25. Same head coach. Your own team is a great example as to how quickly things can change.

Champ Logo.jpg

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

SJSU has treated athletics as an afterthought.

Agreed. Pretty much like these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_programs California, the most populous state in the union, has only three such schools so the good news for the Spartans is there's plenty of room for them there. SJSU fans will still be able to say their football is at a higher level than Humboldt State's and reading their board, that seems very important to them.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

As for Brennan, I have no idea. I do know that things can change very quickly in college football. We won one game in 2010, and two seasons later we won 11, including a bowl, and finished in the Top 25. Same head coach. Your own team is a great example as to how quickly things can change.

Those 11 games were won as a member of a dying WAC and the last time before that you won in double digits was 1987 and that was as a member of the PCAA which became the Big West the following year when the conference expanded beyond California to include Utah State, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico State, and Hawaii. As a member of the WAC you averaged just 3.5 victories over 17 years with just three winning seasons.

SJSU had a very good "mid-major" football program in the seventies but you've had nothing more than very sporadic success since. Sorry but had Craig Thompson done his homework instead of getting his hair coiffed daily, you would never have been invited to the MWC.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Mike, that 11 win season you guys always talk about was in a Sun Belt type conference.

Plus, what about the 20+ years of losing records from your football team you keep ignoring? ONE good season justifies 20 years of complete ineptness???? Not to mention your crumbling, pathetic facilities!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Those 11 games were won as a member of a dying WAC and the last time before that you won in double digits was 1987 and that was as a member of the PCAA which became the Big West the following year when the conference expanded beyond California to include Utah State, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico State, and Hawaii. As a member of the WAC you averaged just 3.5 victories over 17 years with just three winning seasons.

SJSU had a very good "mid-major" football program in the seventies but you've had nothing more than very sporadic success since. Sorry but had Craig Thompson done his homework instead of getting his hair coiffed daily, you would never have been invited to the MWC.

Included in those 11 victories were victories over MWC co-champs SDSU, on the road, BYU, Colorado State, and @ Navy. SJSU's lone OOC loss was a three point road loss to a team (Stanford) that finished as the No. 7 team in nation. Spartans more than proved they were deserving of their Top 25 ranking.

Champ Logo.jpg

50 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

MIke, I don’t mean to be a dick and pile on here (the only SJSU fan that deserves that is Creeper), but you and I both know you can’t compare the 2010 season to this one. Even in your losses, you were competitive during the 2010 season. That team had flashes of promise. This season, aside from your Fr RB, there is nothing positive to build on. It’s bad....really bad. You just got blown out by a 1-8 team, the second 1-win team to completely blow you out this year. 

You're right that things can quickly turn around, and i hope they do for you guys, but I just don’t see it happening. Not with this coaching staff. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

The football program is embarrassing, no doubt about that. But the BB coach definitely did not walk away.