Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

Football Turd of the 2017 season

The season’s not even over,  but there’s no doubt, it’s SJSU. 

We’re +++++ing pathetic. Gotta appologoze now for trolling UNLV fans for hiring a high school coach. In hindsight, he wasn’t  a horrible hire. Not a great hire by any stretch, but he sure wasn’t as bad a hire as Brent Brennan.

I guess it was petty telling for me when, Brent Brennan was quoted as saying he was “shocked” when SJSU called him inquiring about the head coaching vacancy, because he figured he was seceral years away. That’s a +++++ing tell tale sign, IMO.

Sorry, MW. Hard for me to argue on why you shouldn’t kick us out (and yes, I know it’s not that easy to kick us out).

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I say CSU. CSU was predicted to be good, but a 7-6 or 6-7 season is pretty bad. SJSU was already predicted to be bad.

nah.  Hate to bag on the spartans but they're approaching worst team of the decade status here.

5 hours ago, babigos said:

I guess it was petty telling for me when, Brent Brennan was quoted as saying he was “shocked” when SJSU called him inquiring about the head coaching vacancy, because he figured he was seceral years away. That’s a +++++ing tell tale sign, IMO.

It's pretty telling about Brennen. When Sweeney retired he wanted CJT to be HC. He turned it down because he wasn't readyvand he was CJS OC. 

I don't know what's going on, as I said last week it looks like he has lost his team. As a first year head coach this is no bueno.

You guys deserve better than what you've been given.

Don't feel to bad.  Last year your football / basketball teams won more games than some other teams here in the MW.  You were not the worst program last year.  Not even close.  This year you might be.  But you knew this when you joined the MW.  .500 ball was the goal and a better conference was the prize.  Don't get to down.  Every conference has a bottom. 

7 hours ago, babigos said:

Yeah I guess the Inside LB Coach was not interested so they went down the ladder a rung.

Sorry to seem like I am rubbing it in, but SJSU’s Athletic Dept is such a joke.

I do feel bad for your fans, but I hate having your school in our Conference and wish there was some way to get you out unless you meet some strict criteria like infrastructure improvements, attendance increases, coaching staff salary MINIMUMS, etc.

It will never happen though.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

And this is your secondary post trend.

You are extremely  predictable.  And weird.  Creeper weird.

Woah. It’s like you’re taking notes and carefully studying my posts. I’m genuinely weirded out. 

B38CB297-EA16-45BC-B433-D99C3C61F6A3.gif

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

And this is your secondary post trend.

You are extremely  predictable.  And weird.  Creeper weird.

Personally I like having creep, 8588, Maynard, etc on the Board.

They keep things entertaining.

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

C784BCD5-1D31-420A-8DE2-14CF39D5879D.jpeg

If crixus is correct it's no wonder SJSU football is the absolute bottom of the barrel. And yes, SJSU IS the bottom of the barrel. Granted, Georgia Southern is 0-9 but that school is in only its fourth year at the FBS level and prior to moving up won five FCS titles and they get FBS brand newbie Coastal Carolina to finish the season and so are likely to have a win against an actual FBS opponent.

Here's to BABIGOS. We've never spoken but I know from eight months or so of participation on the SJSU board that you're in the distinct minority of Spartans who in refusing to make excuses for your administration's inept handling of the football program. If your attitude was the prevalent one SJSU football might have a chance to survive. However, in the absence of a miracle, it's probably now too late. Here's hoping your administration does the right thing and joins the Big West while taking the money now spent on football and allocating it to hoops and baseball. However, given that not a dime of the NEZ money has been spent to get that project going, if Papazian isn't heavily lobbied to do so, it prolly ain't gonna happen.

Boom goes the dynamite.

All you need is a New Coach that has experience and definitely a New President who is into sports and AD that has a vision..IE...look at Fresno's  model....and how much the University has grown in just 3 years both Academically and Athletically. Dr. Castro is the bomb and Bartko got the ball rolling and now Fresno is running like a P5 university with fundraising, community support, corporate sponsers and using social media to keep in touch with alumni.

I won't go so far as to say that I disagree, but BYU says "hi." SJSU was bad, but they were expected to be bad. Maybe not quite as bad as they have been, but it wasn't a huge surprise. On the other hand, BYU's fans expected them to be playoff contenders (which is pretty typically for zoobie fans) and instead they are losing to ECU. Although if we are going to include non-MWC teams, Florida State would also be a strong contender.

3 hours ago, smithy said:

All you need is a New Coach that has experience and definitely a New President who is into sports and AD that has a vision..IE...look at Fresno's  model....and how much the University has grown in just 3 years both Academically and Athletically. Dr. Castro is the bomb and Bartko got the ball rolling and now Fresno is running like a P5 university with fundraising, community support, corporate sponsers and using social media to keep in touch with alumni.

Oh is that “all” they need?

Fresno State has spent the last 30 years building its support network by energizing fans, building good (great by G5 standards) facilities and performing on the field, court, and diamond.

SJSU has treated athletics as an afterthought.