Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AKram

Guesses on Bowl placement for MW teams

2 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Honestly I’d like to see the Potato Bowl dump Boise and come to SLC and play at Rice-Eccles. Cheaper airfare, better stadium and more direct flight options for non-MWC teams coming from the east. Logistically it’s a better set up and it’s probably 10-15 degrees warmer. 

Adobe Bowl

Overstock Bowl

Backcountry.com Bowl

1-800-Contacts Bowl

Lifetime Products Bowl

lots of opportunity

Farmersonly.com bowl.

2 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Honestly I’d like to see the Potato Bowl dump Boise and come to SLC and play at Rice-Eccles. Cheaper airfare, better stadium and more direct flight options for non-MWC teams coming from the east. Logistically it’s a better set up and it’s probably 10-15 degrees warmer

Adobe Bowl

Overstock Bowl

Backcountry.com Bowl

1-800-Contacts Bowl

Lifetime Products Bowl

lots of opportunity

Boise is usually about the same temperature as Salt Lake in December.  Even though it is quite a bit farther north, it is about 1,500 feet lower in elevation.

9 hours ago, LetTheFurFly said:

I would be happy to.

What are you looking for outside of the game, time spending, logistics and such?

More of your tastes = a better suggestion.

Outside the game: Both my wife and I are history majors and teach/taught history so we've already been looking at various Pueblo visits, etc. Not too much into art (fine or purchasing) though I think that's more Santa Fe's gig. Hiking/trekking on an easy to moderate scale. Music, casual dining are good. I'm a home brewer and once took a trip with friends through the Four Corners area just to visit breweries and to visit the National Parks--Arches/Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, but really to try new beers. Looking at the schedule, it is a Saturday afternoon game so we'd probably drive down Thursday and be back Sunday; can't stay longer because the following week is Finals at wife's high school. Hotels in a nice/quiet neighborhood, but we'd rather save money on rooms and spend it on things to see and eat rather than spend for a 5* room and have to eat on the cheap. Thanks for the help. 

14 minutes ago, AKram said:

Outside the game: Both my wife and I are history majors and teach/taught history so we've already been looking at various Pueblo visits, etc. Not too much into art (fine or purchasing) though I think that's more Santa Fe's gig. Hiking/trekking on an easy to moderate scale. Music, casual dining are good. I'm a home brewer and once took a trip with friends through the Four Corners area just to visit breweries and to visit the National Parks--Arches/Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, but really to try new beers. Looking at the schedule, it is a Saturday afternoon game so we'd probably drive down Thursday and be back Sunday; can't stay longer because the following week is Finals at wife's high school. Hotels in a nice/quiet neighborhood, but we'd rather save money on rooms and spend it on things to see and eat rather than spend for a 5* room and have to eat on the cheap. Thanks for the help. 

Not a New Mexico aficionado but have spent some time down there due to relatives.  I really enjoyed the time we took to enjoy a museum we visited in Santa Fe.  Essentially, the earliest seat of government in the US.  Long before the Mayflower IIRC.  Was there quite a while ago and visited with young kids.  I wonder if it would have the same allure without explaining it to youngsters, but I would definitely check it out.

12 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Honestly I’d like to see the Potato Bowl dump Boise and come to SLC and play at Rice-Eccles. Cheaper airfare, better stadium and more direct flight options for non-MWC teams coming from the east. Logistically it’s a better set up and it’s probably 10-15 degrees warmer. 

Adobe Bowl

Overstock Bowl

Backcountry.com Bowl

1-800-Contacts Bowl

Lifetime Products Bowl

lots of opportunity

I doubt you would hear any complaints from Boise State fans about moving (or dumping for that matter) the Potato Bowl, but no way in hell is SLC warmer than Boise in the Winter, and they get WAY more snow.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

LV:  BSU

Cactus: SDSU (doesn't look like the Big 12 will be able to fulfill all the bowl spots)

Hawaii: CSU

Potato: Fresno

NM: Wyoming

AZ: UNLV

Frisco: Utah St (at-large)  By the way Frisco has there website setup as the AAC vs BYWho/MW/CUSA or MAC.

23 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Have to think the conference will at least try 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Adobe Bowl

Overstock Bowl

Backcountry.com Bowl

1-800-Contacts Bowl

Lifetime Products Bowl

lots of opportunity

Floating Bowl

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

Cactus: SDSU (doesn't look like the Big 12 will be able to fulfill all the bowl spots)

Frisco: Utah St (at-large)  By the way Frisco has there website setup as the AAC vs BYWho/MW/CUSA or MAC.

While Hawaii would be nice, we'd probably have to skip that trip.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

17 minutes ago, AKram said:

While Hawaii would be nice, we'd probably have to skip that trip.

Come to think of it, I'd probably flip Utah St and CSU.   USU to the Hawaii and CSU to Frisco. 

21 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

If SDSU doesn't win the title (or get one of those random Cactus/Frisco slots), pretty sure they go to Arizona. I'm guessing Arizona prefers SDSU and New Mexico prefers CSU, so that will take care of itself. (I'm also guessing the Potato wants nothing to do with CSU in back-to-back years and prefers Wyoming or Utah State.)

NM Bowl prefers Wyo over CSU.  Historical attendance supports that.  For that matter, every bowl prefers Wyo over CSU :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

NM Bowl prefers Wyo over CSU.  Historical attendance supports that.  For that matter, every bowl prefers Wyo over CSU :)

Aren't you the same one who claimed 19,000 fans is a sellout? I get you people confused.

I think most teams that are stuck with the Potato Bowl get what they deserve.  If you go 6-6 or 7-5 in the MWC a trip to Boise in December against a middling MAC team sounds about right...

I someone on the local news in Boise quote some Potato Bowl official saying that Colorado State and Boise State were not being considered for the Potato this year.  Couldn't find a link to back it up though...

41 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I think most teams that are stuck with the Potato Bowl get what they deserve.  If you go 6-6 or 7-5 in the MWC a trip to Boise in December against a middling MAC team sounds about right...

I someone on the local news in Boise quote some Potato Bowl official saying that Colorado State and Boise State were not being considered for the Potato this year.  Couldn't find a link to back it up though...

Potato Bowl execs are crying in their cereal about Idaho’s QB going down.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

11 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I doubt you would hear any complaints from Boise State fans about moving (or dumping for that matter) the Potato Bowl, but no way in hell is SLC warmer than Boise in the Winter, and they get WAY more snow.

I may have exaggerated a bit for comedic purposes (seemed to be lost on everyone so that is my bad). In reality it does average about 2 degrees warmer from the data I looked at. 

tetons1.jpg