Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

My favorite teams in the MWC are

Mine are Nevada and Utah State.

I always pull hard for the Wolf Pack and the Blue Aggies, especially when the Aggies play Utah and BYU.

When I was going to Fresno State I would visit my mom who lived in Reno, and I'd hang out at our Chapter Fraternity house there (Sigma Nu) and man, I had a blast.

I had so much fun, I considered transferring to U of Nevada at the time...but, it didn't work out so here I am, a die hard Fresno State Alumnus.

Go Dogs!!

1MXnKMV.jpg

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Gee I wonder why?

:foottap:

Fresno beating Wyoming would be huge for Boise. It would likely (not definitely) put Boise in the MWCG and likely (not definitely) keep SDSU out of it. There is still a lot of football to be played. There is still 4 teams in the SEC Mountain that have a legitimate chance of winning the division.

I have an affinity for college teams that re-balance the narrative on the field...not dictate it in the checkbook or amenities department.

If I'm going to drool over baubles and thoroughbreds I'd take up horse racing and be done with it.

No, college football is at it's best when the underdogs have their day...at least occasionally if not more often. It's why it will always be more interesting than the NFL. Variety of systems, rotation of players, locations, cultures, pageantry...there's no comparison.

The money behind the game speaks loudly in the background to the scoreboard, whether that's TV ad money...ticket prices or gambling...but if people remember why we liked college football in the first place the sport will still be in decent shape.

It is not the NFL. If it becomes more NFL-like it dies a slow death through homogony. That's not college footballs' strength.

I am lobo-centric, so my list is all MWC teams overall...but special mention to air force, Wyoming, Boise and the front range in general.

The California schools are in the fight too but it seems more in-parallel than intersecting. We know why they're here but it's always a culture clash...specially if we win. They're certainly a little more ambitious than most but we're all fighting in the same trench at the end of the day.