Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fido

BYU @ UNLV

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Did you finally get back on here since your team won a game again?  I know it gets hard for you when the losses pile up, with how your identity is so tied up in this.

Classy move, mocking a kid that tore his Achilles tendon.  Maybe you can make fun of some kids with ACL tears too, and whatnot.

I truly hope we get to see more Detmer Jr. this year. That kid is badass. 

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

How funny. You feel the need to answer a question directed at me. Must be the need to be in control. I certainly understand your need with BYU’s embarrassing season at your feet. But you really should stick with questions for you. 

BTW, anyone who thinks a “good majority” of Utah fans are LDS clearly has never been tailgating at one our games. Your stats don’t even fit the updated demographic model of Salt Lake County.  You should probably stick with the BYU BLUES champ

Broaden your horizons there champ.  There is a world beyond your tailgate.....even beyond Salt Lake County!

21 minutes ago, Fido said:

Broaden your horizons there champ.  There is a world beyond your tailgate.....even beyond Salt Lake County!

I’m being very specific about Utah fans. Show me one shred of evidence that “a good majority” are LDS. To me that means well above 50%

I’ll wait. Or do you just concede you’re pulling garbage out of your ass?

16 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m being very specific about Utah fans. Show me one shred of evidence that “a good majority” are LDS. To me that means well above 50%

I’ll wait. Or do you just concede you’re pulling garbage out of your ass?

Of course there is no way to know fandom and religious affiliation among those who identify as fans.  If my claim is off-base, what is more accurate?  PS: You have managed to totally side track a thread that is SUPPOSED to be about UNLV and turned it into a Utah thread.  Weren't you bashing BYU fans for making things about them?  Keep on keeping on champ.

2 minutes ago, Fido said:

Of course there is no way to know fandom and religious affiliation among those who identify as fans.  If my claim is off-base, what is more accurate?  PS: You have managed to totally side track a thread that is SUPPOSED to be about UNLV and turned it into a Utah thread.  Weren't you bashing BYU fans for making things about them?  Keep on keeping on champ.

Pulling garbage out of your ass it is then. Nice.

2 hours ago, utenation said:

I’d like to hear from @Jack Bauer again on how Mangum is a good QB.

How’s his NFL future shaping up?

I’m sure scouts are drooling over a 37 year old with a torn Achilles that runs a 6.3 40 and cant hit the broadside of a barn.

At one point you were a fan of Jack Bauer.  I remember well a lunch at JCW's and you telling me to make sure to keep in touch and to stay in touch with Jack.  But then, somehow you've changed.

4 hours ago, Fido said:

i'm ok with it. carry on.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes!! If you go out to Sam Boyd on Friday you will be waiting 24 hours for the kick off! Saturday is the day!

24 hour tailgate FTW!

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 11/6/2017 at 7:53 AM, youngrebelfan40 said:

Oh, he was a two-bit conman who loved banging young girls. I was being facetious.

Well we've had one of those guys leading the country (off a cliff ) for the last 11 months or so :shots:

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes!! If you go out to Sam Boyd on Friday you will be waiting 24 hours for the kick off! Saturday is the day!

I think this was one of those ESPN deals, no way ESPN was going to put this game on a Saturday night. Honestly though I like UNLV playing BYU and Hawaii back to back. 

I'm not sold on UNLV, but BYU is historically down for them so could be an opportunity for UNLV to beat up the Cougars for one of the only times in history but I don't see it. It's UNLV and BYU and the Cougars will have a lot of fans in SBS especially when you consider the Golden Knights have their first home game in two weeks tonight. 

My guess is it's a close game and BYU steals one 31-26 scoring late in the game to grab a W

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Another important late-season MWC match-up for the Cougars .   They moved up a notch in this week's Rank'Em after a solid performance at Fresno and this game gives them an opportunity to move out up from the 11th spot.

6 minutes ago, just_chris said:

I think this was one of those ESPN deals, no way ESPN was going to put this game on a Saturday night. Honestly though I like UNLV playing BYU and Hawaii back to back. 

I'm not sold on UNLV, but BYU is historically down for them so could be an opportunity for UNLV to beat up the Cougars for one of the only times in history but I don't see it. It's UNLV and BYU and the Cougars will have a lot of fans in SBS especially when you consider the Golden Knights have their first home game in two weeks tonight. 

My guess is it's a close game and BYU steals one 31-26 scoring late in the game to grab a W

@just_chris,  BYU fans need to know the game was changed to saturday, since otherwise they would come down a day early and have to spend extra money in Las Vegas. They HATE doing that. I just felt like we should let them know, since sometomes I'm just nice like that. 

We will be fine tonight.  I have no worries.  We’ve found something that works on offense so that defenses can’t just play us for the run.  On defense, we are playing much better.  A good part of that is our offense is chewing up clock.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

@just_chris,  BYU fans need to know the game was changed to saturday, since otherwise they would come down a day early and have to spend extra money in Las Vegas. They HATE doing that. I just felt like we should let them know, since sometomes I'm just nice like that. 

Too bad, both coaching staffs would probably be more comfortable playing on a Friday night.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan