Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobonado

Bob Davie

Just now, Lobonado said:

A great question. Could be like Rocky Long situation 2.0...

Yeah, i'm pretty serious.  He took you to 8 regular season wins and a bowl win to boot.  That might be your ceiling.  

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Yeah, i'm pretty serious.  He took you to 8 regular season wins and a bowl win to boot.  That might be your ceiling.  

Maybe so, but with all the abuse allegations (I think they're garbage) and the Locksley-esque losses, Lobonation is starting to become a little upset. I think he's done a great job, but you might be right. We are only going to win max 8 wins with a gimmick offense. We'll always be mediocre.

2 hours ago, Lobonado said:

Maybe so, but with all the abuse allegations (I think they're garbage) and the Locksley-esque losses, Lobonation is starting to become a little upset. I think he's done a great job, but you might be right. We are only going to win max 8 wins with a gimmick offense. We'll always be mediocre.

Davie admitted the investigation distracted him and he really didn't handle the kneeling incident well either as it divided the team and the community. Since the bye when he was having to address those issues, we have had undisciplined play. We are losing games we should have won because of it. What bothers me is how we are losing.

3 hours ago, Lobonado said:

I assumed the Triple Option was something he put in because he didn’t have the players to do something else and he would bring kids in to fill holes.

Is he really just a triple opinion guy?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

26 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I assumed the Triple Option was something he put in because he didn’t have the players to do something else and he would bring kids in to fill holes.

He wasn't with Notre Dame. Our offense is a strange pistol triple option (I think). The guy is waaaay better than Locksley, but he looks burnt out. 

My friends in the athletic department are mad. The incident at halftime vs Air Force wasn’t a huge deal at the time. It was a couple of players. Very few people saw it. It was Bob’s reaction to it that ruined him. These are good players with a lot of heart. Bob hasn’t been a good coach this year. The athletic department had to refund money after his response to the incident. Certain refunds were given to hardcore Lobo boosters. It’s bad.  People are very pissed off. I know we aren’t going to get any superstar coaches to take his place but he either has to publicly apologize or he has to leave. I wish I could say more. People are very close to figuring out who I am so I’ll stop here.  Very delicate issue here right now. More than any non insider knows. 

2 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

I wish I could say more. People are very close to figuring out who I am so I’ll stop here.  Very delicate issue here right now. More than any non insider knows. 

Reads like a murder mystery.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

20 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

My friends in the athletic department are mad. The incident at halftime vs Air Force wasn’t a huge deal at the time. It was a couple of players. Very few people saw it. It was Bob’s reaction to it that ruined him. These are good players with a lot of heart. Bob hasn’t been a good coach this year. The athletic department had to refund money after his response to the incident. Certain refunds were given to hardcore Lobo boosters. It’s bad.  People are very pissed off. I know we aren’t going to get any superstar coaches to take his place but he either has to publicly apologize or he has to leave. I wish I could say more. People are very close to figuring out who I am so I’ll stop here.  Very delicate issue here right now. More than any non insider knows. 

So your friends are mad that he stood behind his players for their actions?  His timing on the situation was several days after the incident and from what I've read was because there was negativity being thrown at those players and the program.  The whole kneeling protest thing has been discussed ad nauseam and I'm not interested in resurrecting that issue here.  But, in his defense he didn't want to just let the wolves feed on his players.  I'm not a big fan of his so I'm not trying to defend him but, he is in a very tough spot.

22 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

So your friends are mad that he stood behind his players for their actions?  His timing on the situation was several days after the incident and from what I've read was because there was negativity being thrown at those players and the program.  The whole kneeling protest thing has been discussed ad nauseam and I'm not interested in resurrecting that issue here.  But, in his defense he didn't want to just let the wolves feed on his players.  I'm not a big fan of his so I'm not trying to defend him but, he is in a very tough spot.

He wasn’t going to say anything.  It wasn’t as big of deal as outsiders think, and it was waning because of people like me explaining to those who weren’t there what actually happened. It would have blown over. It was waning.  He brought it back to life by talking about it. I don’t expect you to know or believe me. You don’t work at or with the UNM athletic department. I do. See you in 12 days for the game. I expect you are coming to Albuquerque to root on the Rebs as you seem like a real fan. 

1 hour ago, hawkeyelobo said:

He wasn’t going to say anything.  It wasn’t as big of deal as outsiders think, and it was waning because of people like me explaining to those who weren’t there what actually happened. It would have blown over. It was waning.  He brought it back to life by talking about it. I don’t expect you to know or believe me. You don’t work at or with the UNM athletic department. I do. See you in 12 days for the game. I expect you are coming to Albuquerque to root on the Rebs as you seem like a real fan. 

I can't make it to the game.  I wish I could but, it's not going to happen.  Sorry, if in your eyes, that it will make me less of a fan.  

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

UNM just cannot sign the better recruits.  That's just the way it is.  Who'd want to go there?  They need to create some type of gimmick offense and defense.  Rocky knew it, but it only went so far.  He's doing better at SDSU mainly because of our backyard recruiting ground.

5 hours ago, hawkeyelobo said:

Dad?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I am so used to USU giving games away it feels funny when the other team gives us one. UNM is broken right now. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, aztech said:

UNM just cannot sign the better recruits.  That's just the way it is.  Who'd want to go there?

I don't know about this.  Boise has figured it out, in a smaller and less cool/fun (to me, don't flame too hard) city.  Seems like it'd be easier to get kids to Albuquerque than Boise.

26 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

I don't know about this.  Boise has figured it out, in a smaller and less cool/fun (to me, don't flame too hard) city.  Seems like it'd be easier to get kids to Albuquerque than Boise.

They had the luxury of playing in the WAC with inventive coaching (esp. Peterson).  That's also when they established their brand.  Unless they start winning championships over here more often than not, it'll affect their brand and recruiting. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I am so used to USU giving games away it feels funny when the other team gives us one. UNM is broken right now. 

Agreed. If Davie would agree to just go away, it would be a good time to replace him. Do it now before things get so out of hand that some good, young coordinators won't consider the job because of too much manure to have to clean up.

Boom goes the dynamite.