Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Bauer

THOR Ragnarok

TBH I'm kinda over superhero movies right now.  I feel like a kid who had the keys to the candy store and it's now the next day and friends are like, "let's go get some candy!"

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 hours ago, Boise fan said:

TBH I'm kinda over superhero movies right now.  I feel like a kid who had the keys to the candy store and it's now the next day and friends are like, "let's go get some candy!"

I'm not a superhero movie guy.  I haven't seen a majority of them, but I thought this one looked too good to pass on.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

5 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Can I take my 6 year old son to see it? Appropriate or too much?

We just got back... I thought it was spectacular. That being said, it's not a movie I would personally take a six-year-old to see.

I took my 9 year old daughter to see it this afternoon. When they were in the Grandmaster’s ship and the mentioned it was used for orgies, my daughter turned to means asked “Daddy, what’s an orgy?” :blink: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

I took my 9 year old daughter to see it this afternoon. When they were in the Grandmaster’s ship and the mentioned it was used for orgies, my daughter turned to means asked “Daddy, what’s an orgy?” :blink: 

Look at the bright side at least she didn't know what it meant

I thought the movie was fun, a bit long. Took my 10 year old, he loved it. Might be a bit much for a 6 year old. Really looking forward to Infinity War movies.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Went last night. Thought it was great.

You guys should really check out the Directors(I always butcher his name and don't want to look it up but I'll try anyway....Taiki Waitipi) other movies they are amazing. "What we do in shadows" is his first one(that I'm aware of) its a mockumentary about vampires in New Zealand. And his other one is "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" about an American(Sam Neil) and a foster kid on the run from authorities through the deep forests of New Zealand. Its hard to explain but it is really funny too. They should be on streaming somewhere but I don't think they are on Netflix currently, I know Wilderpeople was on Hulu.

Being a fan of those two movies I noticed some interesting cameos in Thor and was actually surprised not to see Jermaine Clement or Rys Darby in it but maybe they would have been too recognizable.

Edit: He also Directed Eagle vs. Shark which I haven't seen but heard good things about.