Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada @ Boise State

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

We aren’t Fresno fans. Nobody phucks sheep in this thread.  Now, if @Dogs4Me shows up that’s a different story. 

Did somebody say "sheep"?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Just now, Dogs4Me said:

Did somebody say "sheep"?

Now it’s a party!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

That never gets old. 

That sequence of Moore to Young to Brotzman still floors me like some kind of ‘Nam flashback. To this day I can’t watch it without feelings of dread and relief. Such a gut punch couple of minutes where everybody who cared about the game even a little felt the exact same thing at slightly different times.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That sequence of Moore to Young to Brotzman still floors me like some kind of ‘Nam flashback. To this day I can’t watch it without feelings of dread and relief. Such a gut punch couple of minutes where everybody who cared about the game even a little felt the exact same thing at slightly different times.

How do you let him get behind you?! Brotzman never should have had the opportunity to kick a field goal. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Just watched it, and I can say you’re not alone

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

How do you let him get behind you?! Brotzman never should have had the opportunity to kick a field goal. 

17 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Never should’ve had Young in single coverage. 

It’s still baffling all these years later. But let’s be honest, that was a truly heroic throw and catch. It would have taken an incredible defensive effort to have a chance at breaking it up, even had the scheme and execution been right.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s still baffling all these years later. But let’s be honest, that was a truly heroic throw and catch. It would have taken an incredible defensive effort to have a chance at breaking it up, even had the scheme and execution been right.

We should have had 4 guys back there with reminder not to let anybody behind you.  Coaches blew it.  Ault probably would've fired the DC on the spot if Brotzman makes that FG.  I was so P.O.d about that play it put a damper on the victory.  

45 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

We should have had 4 guys back there with reminder not to let anybody behind you.  Coaches blew it.  Ault probably would've fired the DC on the spot if Brotzman makes that FG.  I was so P.O.d about that play it put a damper on the victory.  

Well here is the thing that I’ve come to consider thinking about that play and that game for years, as it is one of the truly seminal moments I’ll ever have as a sports fan. And it’s helped me kinda forgive all involved for what seems in retrospect a stupefyingly egregious error.

Brotzman doesn’t need the ball inside the 10 to make the game winning field goal. There are at least 20, and probably 30, yards where any catch puts Boise in position to win the game with the best, most clutch kicker Nevada has seen in many years. A completion at the 35, in something like a deep crossing route gives them a punchers chance. Anything in between those thirty vertical yards from where the possibility of Brotzman having to be defended against and the chip shot he ended up taking spelled potential disaster. With that in mind, Hail Mary from puny armed Moore seems less likely of a threat than all the other potential disasters. It still doesn’t excuse single coverage on Young, but I can see the DB’s perspective in planning for more likely outcomes than the best throw a transcendent qb could make and the best catch an elite-ly talented recieved could make in that nearly impossible situation. 

Who is Boise State’s football rival? The Broncos might not have one. But maybe 12?
http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article182461576.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That trow and catch were a thing of beauty!!!  Especially, since everyone said Kellen did not have an arm.  If you to back to other games, Kellen's timing routes with Pettis and Young were just amazing!!!

down in a hole.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Who is Boise State’s football rival? The Broncos might not have one. But maybe 12?
http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article182461576.html

Is this a good thing for Boise? To me, the sport is about rivalry. Our dunce sister school in southern Nevada didnt get that for 10 years but now the rivalry is finally embraced by both sides.

I get the mormon influence in Idaho so obviously BYU is a big deal.

Nevada and Idaho are the two most logical programs simply because of history and the meaning of each of those games for 30-40 years. I also think Nevada hasn’t held up its end of the bargin partially because Boise has been so good. Nevada has had some nice teams in the last 10 years but Boise was just always better. 

17 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Is this a good thing for Boise? To me, the sport is about rivalry. Our dunce sister school in southern Nevada didnt get that for 10 years but now the rivalry is finally embraced by both sides.

I get the mormon influence in Idaho so obviously BYU is a big deal.

Nevada and Idaho are the two most logical programs simply because of history and the meaning of each of those games for 30-40 years. I also think Nevada hasn’t held up its end of the bargin partially because Boise has been so good. Nevada has had some nice teams in the last 10 years but Boise was just always better. 

It certainly used to be Idaho. Even through the 00's, but it got pretty non-competitive, and obviously they are walking a different path now.

I miss having a true Rival.

BYU/Fresno/Nevada are rivals, but not TRUE RIVALS like the Vandals were for many years. Never will be.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok