Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming vs CSU The Border War

2 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

I’m selling my ticket next week. Not driving up from Denver to watch an 8:30 game like that.

My wife just asked if we "had" to go next week. Would have been our first game at the stadium. 

Just now, HylianHero said:

I’m selling my ticket next week. Not driving up from Denver to watch an 8:30 game like that.

To me it's not just about the inconvenience.  I'm sick and tired of hearing Bobo complain about attendance when games are sold out and he doesn't give fans any reason to stay.  He just gave RAMS a real reason to not even show.  He needs to STFU and coach a game we might be interested in attending.  We've lost Border Wars before, I can deal with that.  The pussification of the play calling the last few weeks came to a head tonight, and I just won't go.

5 minutes ago, AKram said:

My wife just asked if we "had" to go next week. Would have been our first game at the stadium. 

I was going to miss a concert in Denver with one of my favorite musicians. I’m going to that instead...

I was going to miss a concert in Denver with one of my favorite musicians. I’m going to that instead...

We were going with a group of alums from here (Thornton/Broomfield area). Current text messages are about going out to eat and play trivia instead. This is what Bobo/CSU is creating, and it has nothing to do with Wyoming winning. 

It is all about CSU just not playing with any passion, play calling that makes any sense and a defense (and DC) that just plain suck.

6 minutes ago, AKram said:

We were going with a group of alums from here (Thornton/Broomfield area). Current text messages are about going out to eat and play trivia instead. This is what Bobo/CSU is creating, and it has nothing to do with Wyoming winning. 

It is all about CSU just not playing with any passion, play calling that makes any sense and a defense (and DC) that just plain suck.

Eating and trivia sounds more fun than sitting in the cold watching our team get crushed for 4 hours.

Eating and trivia sounds more fun than sitting in the cold watching our team get crushed for 4 hours.

and beer!

33 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

Hah we have no shot against Boise. Are you kidding me?

BSU isn't all that and a bag of chips.  You've got the talent when the play calling is on and the effort is there.  It's long odds but it's not out of the question.  Go win one for the Front Rangers!

2 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

BSU isn't all that and a bag of chips.  You've got the talent when the play calling is on and the effort is there.  It's long odds but it's not out of the question.  Go win one for the Front Rangers!

Actually maybe you’re right, we show up in games that don’t matter (see SDSU game last year). We’ll probably score 60

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

Guess The stadium will be empty again next year per usual.  Glad the honey moon lasted as long as it could with the new and improved.  

At least it won't get too abused by over use?

6 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

Your stadium will be full next year...when the Pokes come to visit.

Yeah how quickly this turned ugly.  I atleast thought there would be a few years before the panties got dropped.  Guess I was wrong.

19 minutes ago, slappy said:

Guess The stadium will be empty again next year per usual.  Glad the honey moon lasted as long as it could with the new and improved.  

We've had much better attendance than your awful little school for years. 

10 minutes ago, slappy said:

Yeah how quickly this turned ugly.  I atleast thought there would be a few years before the panties got dropped.  Guess I was wrong.

It's gonna be ugly. I've never understood why people think building a new stadium is gonna change the quality of the product. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Well, crap. :( Just got home from life stuff, was looking forward to watching the DVRed game and have a few drinks. Saw the score on TV, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuck!

Well, Congrats, Pokes. Looks like our season is petering out. Yay, getting defeated in the Spud Bowl. At least I have a bottle of Linie aquavit on ice. :shots:

5 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Which totally translates into wins...how long do you think they will be willing to spend money at that brand new shoe box of yours???

Well, be fine. We'll win another game and go bowling. The casual fan sees a 7-5 season and is fine with that. Obviously, we'll go to a mediocre bowl and do terribly, but no one gets excited about MWC bowls anyway. What's important is that CSU Stadium has kicked this year - folks will come back. 

Just now, I am Ram said:

Well, be fine. We'll win another game and go bowling. The casual fan sees a 7-5 season and is fine with that. Obviously, we'll go to a mediocre bowl and do terribly, but no one gets excited about MWC bowls anyway. What's important is that CSU Stadium has kicked this year - folks will come back. 

I honestly hope they do.  A strong front range is what is going to pull this conference out of the shitter.

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

Many won't.  The product isn't there.  It's a great game day experience if you have premium seats.  If not, there isn't enough there to overcome mediocre on the field product.  It's gotten mediocre.  Season tickets will be down next year.