Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming vs CSU The Border War

59 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Who fvcking cares??  We ALL face challenges to get fans to games and yes (before you start your wyo population BS) we all know nobody lives in your craphole town or state.  you've beat that one to death. 

Do you expect people here to feel sorry for you??? 

Either move your university to another town or do something about it.???  But instead you build the high altitude Jerk off center and pop up a few tents and call it a beer garden.  Way to go.  I'm sure that will draw more fans.

In short, "Maths are hard! I reject reality and insert my own!"

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Bob said:

yup. Boise is the class on the Mountain. again. hate you guys

But doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling, that everything is right in the world!!! 

down in a hole.jpg

I have little faith that Bobo is able to be a head coach and get his team emotionally prepared for the game. And, even worse, left the defensive planning entirely to Marty English. I'd like to be wrong. I hope I am wrong, but 2-7 in rivalry games has me on this side of the fence right now. Wyoming is coming into this game looking at what they did w/ NM and what CSU did and has to be thinking they can win this no problem. They've got the swagger; CSU has the sting of AF. Wyoming will pressure Stevens and he'll revert to Overthrow Stevens. Our running game will keep us in for a while, but Wyoming takes it, in the end, exploiting our secondary and a Marty English led defense.

Bobo just hasn't shown me that he's a head coach. He's a great OC, but not yet a head coach. 

Wyoming 27-CSU 17 and CSU goes 2-8 in rivalry games. (I really hope I'm wrong.)

13 minutes ago, AKram said:

I have little faith that Bobo is able to be a head coach and get his team emotionally prepared for the game. And, even worse, left the defensive planning entirely to Marty English. I'd like to be wrong. I hope I am wrong, but 2-7 in rivalry games has me on this side of the fence right now. Wyoming is coming into this game looking at what they did w/ NM and what CSU did and has to be thinking they can win this no problem. They've got the swagger; CSU has the sting of AF. Wyoming will pressure Stevens and he'll revert to Overthrow Stevens. Our running game will keep us in for a while, but Wyoming takes it, in the end, exploiting our secondary and a Marty English led defense.

Bobo just hasn't shown me that he's a head coach. He's a great OC, but not yet a head coach. 

Yeah, me too.

47 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

In short, "Maths are hard! I reject reality and insert my own!"

Ha!!  Reality is that your attendance is garbage and all you do is make excuses for it. 

Perhaps you should just stick with what you know..  Gay sex positions.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

18 minutes ago, AKram said:

The next two weeks might tell us everything we need to know about Bobo.  

4 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The next two weeks might tell us everything we need to know about Bobo.  

I think you are right... trending toward the notion that CSU fans have nothing to fear about Bobo being poached by Tennessee--or any P5 for that matter--after this season. While I don't lay everything at Bobo's doorstep right now, there's much he is responsible for. He didn't have much to work with post-Mac and he's stuck with English for whatever reason... I have no idea. He's got a young-ish defense, but we've got to stop using that as an excuse for their poor execution of simple football skills--like tackling! I'm not in the #FireBobo crowd, not close. But this offseason better show some changes in the coaching staff and next year, with his kids fully at the reins of his team, there had better be an improvement. 

10 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Ha!!  Reality is that your attendance is garbage and all you do is make excuses for it. 

Perhaps you should just stick with what you know..  Gay sex positions.

Well, I do think our attendance is poor.  Getting you to admit the same about yours is the challenge.  I mean seriously, your capacity and avg attendance is only 5-6000 more than ours.  How many do you believe are making the 1hr drive north tomorrow?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, AKram said:

I think you are right... trending toward the notion that CSU fans have nothing to fear about Bobo being poached by Tennessee--or any P5 for that matter--after this season. While I don't lay everything at Bobo's doorstep right now, there's much he is responsible for. He didn't have much to work with post-Mac and he's stuck with English for whatever reason... I have no idea. He's got a young-ish defense, but we've got to stop using that as an excuse for their poor execution of simple football skills--like tackling! I'm not in the #FireBobo crowd, not close. But this offseason better show some changes in the coaching staff and next year, with his kids fully at the reigns of his team, there had better be an improvement. 

I am also not in the fire Bobo camp (I might be after these 2 weeks with an 0-2 record) but like you would like to see English shown the door and the special teams coach at a minimum.  Going forward what worries me about Bobo is a clear lack of fundamentals and discipline.  Far too many penalties and mistakes in year 3 with a mostly veteran team.

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Well, I do think our attendance is poor.  Getting you to admit the same about yours is the challenge.  I mean seriously, your capacity and avg attendance is only 5-6000 more than ours.  How many do you believe are making the 1hr drive north tomorrow?

The last 5 seasons we have been trending upward.  We have had multiple sellouts in that time (3 this year) and we are now averaging 34,000 fans a game.  Could it be better?  Of course but we are on pace to shatter the old attendance record for a season and we have well over 15,000 season tix holders (also a record).  We need to keep playing winning football obviously but I don't see how our attendance is a problem right now.  the late games suck but that's a whole other issue.

I have no idea how many fans come up.  We'll see tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Only 5k? What an odd argument to make. MW schools would kill to increase their average attendance by 5-6k, that's a shit ton of paying customers. That's basically the equivalent of ticket revenue for a seventh home game.

Conversely, CSU is "only" 6k away from having the best attendance in the Group of Five, so our attendance is great! Is that how this works?

Just now, Fort Fun said:

Only 5k? What an odd argument to make. MW schools would kill to increase their average attendance by 5-6k, that's a shit ton of paying customers. That's basically the equivalent of ticket revenue for a seventh home game.

Conversely, CSU is "only" 6k away from having the best attendance in the Group of Five, so our attendance is great! Is that how this works?

That's not odd at all.  When your population is 300,000 more than Laramie's and your student enrollment is 20,000 higher, it's extremely easy to follow the argument.  Over a 10 yr period, CSU is producing 200,000 more alumni than UW is.  I mean seriously, you shouldn't be bragging about your attendance either.

The World Needs More Cowboys!