Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming vs CSU The Border War

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Another photo from this morning.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Love this

Okay, some credit where credit is due, this is pretty cool:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2017/11/01/csu-rotc-leader-hopes-expand-boot-run/822660001/

TLDR version of this is the Ram ROTC battalion is inviting any and all to join them for the first mile of the game ball run.

So, put down the bongs and velcro up those power walking L.A. Gear sneakers, show the ROTC some love Ram fans.

5 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

This game is too close to call. We all know we can throw out their records for this rivialry. I have a feeling though that Josh finds a way to get it done tomorrow.

One name - Gallup. I think that might make or break it for the Pokes. On a side note, it's an awesome football name, but not as good as Steelhammer.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

If CSU plays their best and Wyo plays their best CSU wins by two TDs. It is a rivalry game, so that will not happen. I'm taking CSU on the road. 

It totally depends which team shows up.  Could it be the team that waxed SDSU last year or Hawaii this year or the team that barely beat Nevada  and UNM?.  I have no idea at this point.

Agree with you though.  If we play our best game we win by two scores.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

53 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Okay, some credit where credit is due, this is pretty cool:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2017/11/01/csu-rotc-leader-hopes-expand-boot-run/822660001/

TLDR version of this is the Ram ROTC battalion is inviting any and all to join them for the first mile of the game ball run.

So, put down the bongs and velcro up those power walking L.A. Gear sneakers, show the ROTC some love Ram fans.

Well, crap.. Apparently they started this morning, thought it was tomorrow for some reason. None-the-less, hope there was a good turnout to join the ROTC for the first mile.

25 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It totally depends which team shows up.  Could it be the team that waxed SDSU last year or Hawaii this year or the team that barely beat Nevada  and UNM?.  I have no idea at this point.

Agree with you though.  If we play our best game we win by two scores.

The CSU team that beat USU looked like the best team in the conference. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

12 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

The first half against you guys was the best we looked all year.  Since then, we have kinda sucked.

19 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The first half against you guys was the best we looked all year.  Since then, we have kinda sucked.

Then Bobo inexplicably decided to not throw passes.... that was weird. I think he felt bad for us. Get the ball to Gallup and you'll roll. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

32 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't know about that.... the Boise State team that took USU behind the woodshed looked damn good!!!!

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, Broncomare said:

I don't know about that.... the Boise State team that took USU behind the woodshed looked damn good!!!!

I think the moral of the story is that good teams make USU look bad. IMO CSU still looked better, but Boise is improving every week with Cozart and the running game is coming nicely. Boise is better defensively than CSU has been too. Hell, you may be right, I don't know dammit. 

6 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I think the moral of the story is that good teams make USU look bad. IMO CSU still looked better, but Boise is improving every week with Cozart and the running game is coming nicely. Boise is better defensively than CSU has been too. Hell, you may be right, I don't know dammit. 

I think Boise takes it to 'em in Fort Collins next week. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

It's all about trajectory, Boise is playing its best ball lately, CSU is struggling lately. You going to the game? I hear they have a new stadium. 

On 11/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, Scooter said:

Pretty sure it was the 2008 game.  I was in the SW corner. 

Had to walk all the way around the entire fricken thing to a garage door on the NW corner east side under the "bleacher". The whole thing was plywood. It didn't even have a door handle!  My High School had better accommodations.

And the IPF smack is so lame but I guess that's all you have now.  Never mind you have the worst stadium in the conference.  That doesn't matter at all does it??? :blink:

Could just be me, but that sounds far more like Greeley than Laramie..

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well, duh!!!!  We've been playing with our hair on fire, on the road!!

down in a hole.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

So, tell us all- how many people live within a half hour drive of that shiny new stadium?

Who fvcking cares??  We ALL face challenges to get fans to games and yes (before you start your wyo population BS) we all know nobody lives in your craphole town or state.  you've beat that one to death. 

Do you expect people here to feel sorry for you??? 

Either move your university to another town or do something about it.???  But instead you build the high altitude Jerk off center and pop up a few tents and call it a beer garden.  Way to go.  I'm sure that will draw more fans.