Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Jose State at BYU

6 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Name calling?  I'm just stating the truth. 

You fellas watched the game so you could complain about a clean hit, bitch about penalties BYU committed, and cry about the television production; which looks way better than anything the MTN put out during it's glorious run.  Did I miss anything?

Does someone need a hug? Now now let's just change your pamper and get you a new bottle so you can go right to bed. 

Just now, Lobo Amor said:

Does someone need a hug? Now now let's just change your pamper and get you a new bottle so you can go right to bed. 

I mean, you fellas were the ones doing all the whining and crying in here.  We can hug it out if that'll make you feel better.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I mean, you fellas were the ones doing all the whining and crying in here.  We can hug it out if that'll make you feel better.

I don't think the hug is a problem, but the possibility of a nut punch or dick stomp is too real to agree to the intimacy a hug requires....we just don't trust, Jack.

7 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Here's the thing about the hit....the borg refs, I mean just refs, threw a late flag calling targeting...that's 'supposed' to be, a personal foul 15 yarder and a review to basically determine if the targeter should be kicked out-not supposed to change the 15 yard penalty. Instead, somehow, the Borg, I mean just refs, determined it was not a target-which means the player is not ejected but the personal foul and 15 yarder should still remain...instead, they rule no target and Borg ball...completely incorrect...

You are a moron. I now realize why your women throw themselves at me and im always forced into leadership position. The world is full of morons

The Masters 5k road race All American.

8 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Here's the thing about the hit....the borg refs, I mean just refs, threw a late flag calling targeting...that's 'supposed' to be, a personal foul 15 yarder and a review to basically determine if the targeter should be kicked out-not supposed to change the 15 yard penalty. Instead, somehow, the Borg, I mean just refs, determined it was not a target-which means the player is not ejected but the personal foul and 15 yarder should still remain...instead, they rule no target and Borg ball...completely incorrect...

So....BYU owns officiating crews now?  Don't they usually use PAC12 or MWC refs for their games in Provo?  You are stretching pretty hard my friend.....

As I recall the real-time play during the game, no flag was thrown.  Late the referee announced it was being reviewed for targeting but they didn't throw a flag then either.  After the review there was no targeting found.  The official at first announced it was San Jose State ball but then corrected himself to say BYU's ball as they recovered the fumble.

8 hours ago, creeper86 said:

I'm sure SJSU would have won with the ball and those extra 15 yards. Put an * beside this W for BYU - just like most every game BYU has won over several decades against this group.  #moralvictories

v0icAvfW.jpg

10 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Actually you're wrong here.  I thought that was the rule too and it used to be.  I saw at least two last week as I was watching games on TV and when the targeting was reversed the penalty was not enforced, so I looked it up.  One was in the ASU-Utah game, not sure about the other.  And, I'm not sure, but I think it was and MW officiating crew yesterday.  Usually is when BYU plays a MW team.

• If replay overturns targeting, the player stays in the game and the 15-yard penalty goes away.

10 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Wait...people watched this game?

Yeah, about 45,000 of us attended.  That's somewhere around 26,000 more than there were at USU/BSU.  And if you don't count the band, cheer squad, and Cosmo, I think about 3 of those 45,000 were students. 

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

What am I missing?

He's a BYUian making fun of those who have disparaged the replay official's overturning of a targeting call on an SJSU KO return.

Having been watching, I won't join in the conspiracy contentions but I checked the rules and targeting includes leading with the crown of your helmet and that's exactly what the BYU player did so at a minimum the competence of the replay official has to be questioned. (Some seemed to think yesterday that it wasn't targeting because the BYU player didn't squarely hit the SJSU player's helmet but that's not an essential element of the offense.)

Boom goes the dynamite.