Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mondego

NCAA Investigating BYU Bball Player/Booster Ties

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

So you are saying Cougarboard completed their investigation for the NCAA and found no violations?

It’s funny. Some of these idiotic cougar fans like Fido will just make every excuse in the book as to why their golden boys are never guilty.

Emery has no problem blindsiding players with his fist and mouthing off to opposing coaches but somehow this is just a conspiracy and some reporter is just trying to be cute. I mean, there’s zero chance he’s possibly quilty right?

2 hours ago, utenation said:

Here’s my guess on how it went down:

“Hey Dumbo ears, you pay with your card and I’ll just give you cash. That way, we have a paper trail for payment. Don’t worry, I already spoke to Holmoe and Dave Rose. As far as the car, I’ll create a pile of confusing paperwork that will never directly tie it to you. This isn’t my first Rodeo”

I just hope this all ends with an audit of the Utah AD.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

Based on this...I expect the Hawaii treatment if this is what really happened. A year probation, scholarship loss, practice time loss, etc. Hawaii got off the hook (a little too late though...) because the NCAA used the earlier punishment laws and not the latter, but this sounds like BYU will get the newer punishments.

they have two things in common, car rental from a donor and gift. (iPad for Hawaii from a coach; concert and amusement park for BYU from the booster)

6 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

So you are saying Cougarboard completed their investigation for the NCAA and found no violations?

Where did you get that from what I posted.  The claims from the booster come straight from the SL Trib article.

...he (or family) should be paying his own way--which the booster claimed happened.  If he didn't he is dumb and deserves punishment...

4 hours ago, utenation said:

It’s funny. Some of these idiotic cougar fans like Fido will just make every excuse in the book as to why their golden boys are never guilty.

Emery has no problem blindsiding players with his fist and mouthing off to opposing coaches but somehow this is just a conspiracy and some reporter is just trying to be cute. I mean, there’s zero chance he’s possibly quilty right?

1343863747383_3205714.png

We encountered Emery quite a bit for several years as part of the AAU basketball circuit in and around the state of Utah and Las Vegas when he was high school age and younger.

He's one of the more whiny and entitled young athletes I have ever seen.  Not surprised at all that he would be milking the system for anything he can get his hands on.

Sad that he is already divorced.  Not too shocking, but it is sad just the same.

Dude could curse a blue streaek better than most sailors and he would do it quite often

Once an entitled brat, always an entitled brat.

15 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

We encountered Emery quite a bit for several years as part of the AAU basketball circuit in and around the state of Utah when he was highs chool age and younger.

He's one of the more whiny and entitled athletes I have ever seen.  Not surprised at all that he would be milking the system for anything he can get his hands on.

Sad that he is already divorced.  Not too shocking, but it is sad just the same.

Dude could curse a blue streaek better than most sailors.

You can pull a rat out of the slums.. You can't pull the slums out of the rat.

He from the slums of the SLC! Late model Mercedes and such?

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

He from the slums of the SLC! Late model Mercedes and such?

It's just a colloquialism...

He's been being treated like he could he was some sort of prima donna since he was 7.

You think he's gonna start thinking he needs to pay for stuff now?