Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Official Boise State Truckers vs Utah State Choo Choos Thread!!!

41 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

I think we are a different team with Jordan Love. 

I don't think Love is a phenomenal qb, but we just play differently. With energy. I love it.

He’s a RS Frosh. Sample size is too small to say definitively yet. He could be very good. One thing is for sure, the team is much better with him than Myers.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

32 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Love is going to have terrible things happen to him.

I’d be more worried about the PTSD Rypien has from his last trip to Logan.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

All three of BSU's conference opponents have only scored 14 points this year. BSU is only allowing 12.4 ppg against non-P5's so far this year. If USU can score 21 points they will have a shot due to our horribly mediocre offense...don't think that is going to happen though with a freshman QB. I'm guessing final score will be something like 27-17 BSU. 

8 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

All three of BSU's conference opponents have only scored 14 points this year. BSU is only allowing 12.4 ppg against non-P5's so far this year. If USU can score 21 points they will have a shot due to our horribly mediocre offense...don't think that is going to happen though with a freshman QB. I'm guessing final score will be something like 27-17 BSU. 

Yeah, the 35 point prediction is a bit high... especially with a FR QB that just threw 3 INTs against Wyoming in just over a half. Of course he looked good against UNLV... everyone looks good offensively against UNLV.

Bad stat of the game: Utah State is last in the league at sacks allowed. Boise leads the league in sacks. And you're expecting a FR QB to do well in that scenario? 

Our front 7 does give me concerns.

However, I think they've been made to look worse than they are due to the magnanimity and multitude of 3 and outs.  I think if your offense stays on the field more you do better.  Not that that improves lateral speed or wrapping up techniques, but eh...

I still think USU wins.

27 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

Our front 7 does give me concerns.

However, I think they've been made to look worse than they are due to the magnanimity and multitude of 3 and outs.  I think if your offense stays on the field more you do better.  Not that that improves lateral speed or wrapping up techniques, but eh...

I still think USU wins.

This Boise State team is very different than past teams, and it seems to give every opponents fans a lot of confidence heading into the game. Boise ain't pretty, but they've still beat every G5 they've played this year by double digits, haven't given up more than 14 points against them, and have scored 24+ in every one.

Why will your team look better when the others haven't been able to?  A lot of teams have looked that good against UNLV. Heck, Howard looked that good against them. Utah State just lost to the same Wyoming team Boise looked bad against.  And this savior of a QB had 3 INTs (one of which was returned for a TD), to singlehandedly lose that game.

Boise wins another ugly game, but the running game continues to show improvement. The defense makes the FR QB look like a FR QB. 

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

This Boise State team is very different than past teams, and it seems to give every opponents fans a lot of confidence heading into the game. Boise ain't pretty, but they've still beat every G5 they've played this year by double digits, haven't given up more than 14 points against them, and have scored 24+ in every one.

Why will your team look better when the others haven't been able to?  A lot of teams have looked that good against UNLV. Heck, Howard looked that good against them. Utah State just lost to the same Wyoming team Boise looked bad against.  And this savior of a QB had 3 INTs (one of which was returned for a TD), to singlehandedly lose that game.

Boise wins another ugly game, but the running game continues to show improvement. The defense makes the FR QB look like a FR QB. 

That is pretty much my take as well, even being as much of a Utah State fan as I am.

Just now, LPH-10 said:

That is pretty much my take as well, even being as much of a Utah State fan as I am.

With the way Boise plays now, teams are generally going to be in the game. So it's easy to see themselves beating them. This is a really hard team to drive against, however. USU needs some big plays in any of the three phases. Every team Boise has played has been in it in the 4th quarter. 

4 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

I think we are a different team with Jordan Love. 

I don't think Love is a phenomenal qb, but we just play differently. With energy. I love it.

If Love had only thrown two ints aging Wyo instead of three, the Aggs would be 3-1 in conference.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

because they will.

I've done a 180 about USU. Very glad they are in the Conference. Even though they are down, they've committed to stadium improvements and have shown they can be a force in Hoops.

Good regional rival for us, Wyo, CSU and AFA (to a point).

Hopefully they get back to contending foe the Conference title sooner than later.

CHOO-CHOO!

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Utah State's offense couldnt score against CSU's #1 defense.  Boise's defense is better than CSU's.  The only way Utah State stays in the game is by being +3 in turnovers and big special teams plays.  I see it as 27-10 in favor of the Broncos.