Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of the Week! -week 7

Turd of the Week!   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• Wyoming losing to Boise 14-24
    • SDSU losing to Fresno 3-27
    • UNM losing to CSU 24-27
    • Nevada losing to AFA 42-45
    • UNLV losing to USU 28-52

My initial call was the Rebs, but SDSU, you have to at least show a pulse! That aside, the guys from the Valley are damn impressive.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I went with San Diego State this week. I expected a little bit of fight out of the Aztecs on their home field in a rivalry game after a tough loss.  It was obviously a big game for SDSU and they were soundly thrashed.  Kudos to Fresno State for making a turd out of San Diego State.

The "Rivalry" pretty much exists only in the minds of Aztecs whom graduated prior to 1980. Students and fans post 1981 really don't see this as a "Rivalry" not from those I interface for certain.

Fresburg flat took it to a down Aztec team. Sat and watched, we got hammered, score could have been worse.

7 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

The "Rivalry" pretty much exists only in the minds of Aztecs whom graduated prior to 1980. Students and fans post 1981 really don't see this as a "Rivalry" not from those I interface for certain.

Fresburg flat took it to a down Aztec team. Sat and watched, we got hammered, score could have been worse.

2013 West and Overall champ: Fresno

2014 West Champ: Fresno

2015 West and Overall champ: SDSU

2016 West and Overall champ: SDSU

2017 West ....  Fresno? 

If we keep battling for the Western Conference Championship the rivalry will become more intense. 

42 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

2013 West and Overall champ: Fresno

2014 West Champ: Fresno

2015 West and Overall champ: SDSU

2016 West and Overall champ: SDSU

2017 West ....  Fresno? 

If we keep battling for the Western Conference Championship the rivalry will become more intense. 

I try, but I have no ills towards my friends who went there.  And frankly, your fans in real life care more about Boise, this board cares more about SJSU, and we just don't have much reason to put much effort into it.

Keep the trophy.  Or burn it.  It just has not blossomed into what I was hoping for.  

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I try, but I have no ills towards my friends who went there.  And frankly, your fans in real life care more about Boise, this board cares more about SJSU, and we just don't have much reason to put much effort into it.

Keep the trophy.  Or burn it.  It just has not blossomed into what I was hoping for.  

part of the problem is your fans stopped taking nearly as much shit after 2012.  the spark of animosity was there, it just kinda guttered out.

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The only trophy I care about is the MWC Championship trophy.   For you the road to that trophy goes directly through Fresno; 3 of 5 years you have hit a road block.   

26 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The only trophy I care about is the MWC Championship trophy.   For you the road to that trophy goes directly through Fresno; 3 of 5 years you have hit a road block.   

And yet.... there is just nothing really there for me.  I try, in earnest.  But, eh.  Y'all got Boise and SJSU.  We will just be alone in our corner.  

18 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

When asked about a rivalry with BSU, Rocky Long said, "we don't play enough to have a rivalry, our rivals are Fresno State." I believe FSU and suds go all the way back to the Big West days am I correct?

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

When asked about a rivalry with BSU, Rocky Long said, "we don't play enough to have a rivalry, our rivals are Fresno State." I believe FSU and suds go all the way back to the Big West days am I correct?

SDSU fans are confused. Their one true rival, and most challenging opponent, is a negative diagnosis after peeing in a cup. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Lobo Amor said:

again- the older fans see it as such, most under 60 don't.

When I was a freshman at Fresno State (2006), I was always told our rivals were San Jose, SDSU, Hawaii, and Boise. I witnessed first hand the bad blood with San Jose and Hawaii, but it wasn't until 2011 when I saw the revival of the series with SDSU. I think a lot of that had to deal with Pat Hill though because he was there back when the rivalry was still going. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg