Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of the Week! -week 7

Turd of the Week!   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• Wyoming losing to Boise 14-24
    • SDSU losing to Fresno 3-27
    • UNM losing to CSU 24-27
    • Nevada losing to AFA 42-45
    • UNLV losing to USU 28-52

I went with San Diego State this week. I expected a little bit of fight out of the Aztecs on their home field in a rivalry game after a tough loss.  It was obviously a big game for SDSU and they were soundly thrashed.  Kudos to Fresno State for making a turd out of San Diego State.

Nevada’s Defense is my turd of the week.  When you score 42 points in back to back weeks you should probably win both of those games. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, rudolro said:

At the absolute very least you should win one.

Right?  We scored 35, 42 & 42 in the last 3 weeks.  We should be 3-0 over that stretch, 2-1 would be acceptable but we are 1-2 :angry: :engraged:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Right?  We scored 35, 42 & 42 in the last 3 weeks.  We should be 3-0 over that stretch, 2-1 would be acceptable but we are 1-2 :angry: :engraged:

The strange thing is your DC is really good. So is scheme or players?

Or is it that you guys are scoring so fast and the D is wearing down

31 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I wanna say SDSU but UNLV blowing a lead is probably bigger.

Ditto.  I had to walk away from the UNLV game about halfway through the 2nd to run the kiddos around.  I literally LOL'd when I checked the scores later that night.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Tough call between UNLV & SDSU

UNLV's becoming a regular "TURD of the WEEK" winner by blowing leads and last week's debacle got my vote.

SDSU's bubble was burst the prior week when BSU shut them down.......though didn't expect FSU to dominate like they did especially when SDSU was at home.

13 minutes ago, rudolro said:

The strange thing is your DC is really good. So is scheme or players?

Or is it that you guys are scoring so fast and the D is wearing down

It’s players.  We don’t have the athletes to run the 3-3-5.  

1 minute ago, rudolro said:

Ouch. It might take a while to get it worked out then.

Yeah. I have higher hopes for next season.....

39 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I remember when Boise used to score that many points. 

back-in-my-day_o_1070582.jpg

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I remember when Boise used to score that many points. 

back-in-my-day_o_1070582.jpg

You play us in 2 weeks, you’ll score that many points then.  You’ll probably give up the same amount but will win 49-45 or something close to that. 

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You play us in 2 weeks, you’ll score that many points then.  You’ll probably give up the same amount but will win 49-45 or something close to that. 

I'm hoping the Boise offense can fatten up on the meaty soft defenses they face the next 4 weeks.