Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Fresno State

1 minute ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i'll be out at this one.  

How is Armani Rodgers doing? He still hurt?

Rebs prepping Stanton & Palandech at QB - If Rogers can't go, expect to see both Palandech & Stanton in the game 

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

bleh.  platooning QBs is the worst. 

Not much choice for UNLV - If I was HC, I think I'd give Stanton the nod and let him play with Palandech as backup - Stanton is closer to Rogers in ability, both can run and have strong arms. Palandech just struggles in passing situations.

This is a game I thought UNLV could / would win early on, but now I just hope UNLV doesn't get crushed..........Dogs are playing well and that showing at SDSU was damned impressive 

the MWC needs FSU to get it back together 

Guest RoscoesDad

Spread opened at 11 and it's now at 20.5 lol.   UNLV is going to get worked whether Rogers starts or not.   Might as well sit him.  Season is over and many of the coaches have to know their jobs are pretty much over as well.  I see a total collapse to end the season at 2 wins.  At other programs it might be a wake up call to get their shit together and maybe make a last ditch run at a bowl game.  That ain't happening here.

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

Spread opened at 11 and it's now at 20.5 lol.   UNLV is going to get worked whether Rogers starts or not.   Might as well sit him.  Season is over and many of the coaches have to know their jobs are pretty much over as well.  I see a total collapse to end the season at 2 wins.  At other programs it might be a wake up call to get their shit together and maybe make a last ditch run at a bowl game.  That ain't happening here.

Some truth this this - if Rogers is even close to not being ready, Sanchez should sit him and go with Stanton - No sense UNLV risking Rogers health over a game that is probably not winnable. 

Will be interesting to see the mindset over these final 5 games...........and this week UNLV gets probably the MWC's hottest team on the road 

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't think it can get high enough.

I've ever seen line movement like this before. When do they shut it down?

If I pulled the trigger at 11.5 I sure as hell would be middling today.

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I've ever seen line movement like this before. When do they shut it down?

If I pulled the trigger at 11.5 I sure as hell would be middling today.

I assume they let it go until game time. It will probably level out around either 23.5 or 27 I would guess. The fact that the line moved so much just means they booked a bad line to begin with. Maybe they thought Rogers would be back? If he is, it might come back down a bit. :shrug:

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

I assume they let it go until game time. It will probably level out around either 23.5 or 27 I would guess. The fact that the line moved so much just means they booked a bad line to begin with. Maybe they thought Rogers would be back? If he is, it might come back down a bit. :shrug:

If it get to those numbers you stat that could be really bad for them. I would expect to see a lot of middles

DATE: Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017
KICKOFF: 7:08 pm PT
SITE: Bulldog Stadium (41,031/AstroTurf), Fresno, CA
TV: AT&T SportsNet (Drew Goodman, Sed Bonner & Brad Thompson)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer & Caleb Herring)
ONLINE: Live Stats at www.unlvrebels.com

Fresno St  leads the overall series 13-6 but UNLV has won two of the last three meetings

UNLV at FS RECORD: 2-8

UNLV’s LARGEST WIN: 29 (35-6 in 1980) - FS’s LARGEST WIN: 35 (45-10 in 1987) 

Rebels seek first road win over Bulldogs since 1983

These programs have played each other as part of three different conferences (Big West, WAC and now MW)

UNLV’s last win at Bulldog Stadium actually came in 1984 when Randall Cunningham’s Rebels (who also included a freshman RB out of Fresno named Ickey Woods) won the California Bowl over Toledo on December 15

Rebel Lexington “Lightning” Thomas ranks eighth in the FBS with 125.3 rushing yards per game, has scored at least one TD on the ground in all but one game this fall and has posted at least one run 55 yards or longer in four of the last six games

UNLV is 24 of 27 in red zone scoring with 16 TD's & 8 FG's

UNLV's rushing offense is 2nd in the MWC & the passing offense is 11th 

UNLV 100-YARD RUSH GAMES
1. 17 Mike Thomas 1973-74
2. 16 Tim Cornett 2011-14
3. 11 Lexington Thomas 2015-SA
 11 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04
5. 10 Kirk Jones 1983-86
 10 Mack Gilchrist 1968-70

Last week Devonte Boyd didn't catch a pass, the 2nd time in his career that occurred 

UNLV CAREER REC. YARDS
1. 3,495 Ryan Wolfe 2006-09
2. 3,045 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA
3. 2,785 Devante Davis 2011-14

UNLV CAREER RECEPTIONS
1. 283 Ryan Wolfe 2006-09
2. 202 Casey Flair 2005-08
3. 187 Damon Williams 1995-98
4. 186 Devante Davis 2011-14
5. 184 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA

UNLV CAREER TD REC.
1. 26 Phillip Payne 2006-11
2. 24 Henry Bailey 1991-94
3. 22 Devante Davis 2011-14
4. 21 Sam Greene 1979-80
5. 20 Nate Hawkins 1968-71
6. 18 George Thomas 1984-87
7. 17 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA
 17 Demond Thompkins 1991-94

Since the 2010 season, UNLV has had only 4 offensive MWC players of the week winners and only 5 Defensive Player of the Week winners

Lexington Thomas is sixth on UNLV’s all-time rushing list with 2,025 yards

Over its last two games, UNLV has scored a combined 55 points in the first half and just three points in the second half

Kurt Palandech’s 53 yards rushing in relief of an injured Armani Rogers vs. USU gave him 728 yards in his career, which ranks third in school history by a quarterback

Las Vegas native Jocquez Kalili has gone from walk-on transfer to starter in the Rebel secondary this fall and is tied for ninth in the nation with three forced fumbles to go with another fumble recovered

Lexington Thomas scored two rushing touchdowns vs. USU, giving him 12 on the year, which ranks fourth in Rebel single-season history

Thomas need 123 yards to reach 1000 on the season 

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

A line moving that much might bring some FBI types to snoop around the UNLV program.

3 minutes ago, Chyll said:

That freak storm that stifled UNLV's final drive 2 years ago was the weirdest thing I ever saw. There wasn't a cloud in the sky anywhere else in Fresno that day.

Whoever the god of rain is had Fresno on the ML