Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

There is just something right in the world when Boise and Fresno look like favorites

Honestly, I've come to appreciate Boise fans after joining the MW. While there were a few TBSUFs, they were nowhere near as douchey as SDSU fans when they experienced (much more limited) success. I definitely miss playing Boise every year, and would love to have them back in the west division.

In some ways I honestly miss the old WAC. We were typically a 2-bid league, always had a ranked team, and it seems like we even had better bowl games at times (I guess mostly when Boise made the BCS).

I hope Nevada can do it's part and return to our old selves along with Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, that is your excuse for not liking Boise.  For 99% of Fresno fans there is only one reason

Actually no, it's a little more than that.

UNLV used to beat us by a hundred in basketball, and we had some good teams.  SDSU has dominated State and the MWC in recent years in football , but I still root for them OOC and against the mountain division.  and I never resented UNLV for their throttlings in hoops.

But it feels like Boise stole something from us.  Swear to god, I'd root for Ohio state or Bama against Boise, and I never root for those schools.  It's a me problem, but I don't think I'm the only one.  I RESENT Boise in a way I dont with other schools or teams.

5 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

UNLV used to beat us by a hundred in basketball, and we had some good teams.  SDSU has dominated State and the MWC in recent years in football , but I still root for them OOC and against the mountain division.  and I never resented UNLV for their throttlings in hoops.

But it feels like Boise stole something from us.  Swear to god, I'd root for Ohio state or Bama against Boise, and I never root for those schools.  It's a me problem, but I don't think I'm the only one.  I RESENT Boise in a way I dont with other schools or teams.

This x 1000.  I don't mind Boise fans. I'll root for the Donks OOC, unlike you.  But we could beat Boise by 100, in football, every year, for the next 20 years and i wouldn't be satisfied.   They stole our DESTINY.  We were supposed to be that team.  

7 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

This. Phuck Boise.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Just now, CPslograd said:

That is pretty much what I was saying.  99% of Fresno fans that dislike Boise do not care much about the T.V. contract.  Saying a big reason Fresno fans dislike Boise is because of the contract is eye roll worthy.  

I get what you are saying.  I think that is why so many Boise fans root for Fresno.  We get it.  We kind of even feel bad.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is pretty much what I was saying.  99% of Fresno fans that dislike Boise do not care much about the T.V. contract.  Saying a big reason Fresno fans dislike Boise is because of the contract is eye roll worthy.  

I get what you are saying.  I think that is why so many Boise fans root for Fresno.  We get it.  We kind of even feel bad.

Just for clarity, I said it was part of the reason.  The TV contract is lording it over and *ucking over your conference mates in a way not done by BYU, Alabama, USC,  Ohio State or anyone else. 

32 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The last sentence makes it worse.  

But the beauty of getting old is you realize the worm will eventually turn.

I went to Stanford games since before I could walk.  USC won almost every year for my whole life, until Bradford caught that ball in the end zone at the Coli in 2006  Ever since then, the Cardinal has given more than they received.

I acknowledge that what Boise has done is amazing.  And they have good fans.  But that doesn't mean I have to stop hating them.

Beating Boise this year, of all years, when nothing was expected?  Goddamn, haven't wanted anything that much in a long time.

There is nothing lik college football.  Best game ever invented.

i don't care about the stupid tv contract.

Just now, CPslograd said:

The last sentence makes it worse.  

But the beauty of getting old is you realize the worm will eventually turn.

I went to Stanford games since before I could walk.  USC won almost every year for my whole life, until Bradford caught that ball in the end zone at the Coli in 2006  Ever since then, the Cardinal has given more than they received.

I acknowledge that what Boise has done is amazing.  And they have good fans.  But that doesn't mean I have to stop hating them.

Beating Boise this year, of all years, when nothing was expected?  Goddamn, haven't wanted anything that much in a long time.

There is nothing lik college football.  Best game ever invented.

i don't care about the stupid tv contract.

Love this post. 

When Boise was at its peak I think they beat Fresno by 50+ 2-3 years in a row. It was hard not to feel bad for Fresno. 

The last game against Derek Carr was great, back and forth until the final play.

The Humanitarian Bowl used to have good ACC opponents, a few ranked teams came to Boise. Miami came and stole a victory from Nevada.

2 hours ago, bigd said:

Honestly, I've come to appreciate Boise fans after joining the MW. While there were a few TBSUFs, they were nowhere near as douchey as SDSU fans when they experienced (much more limited) success. I definitely miss playing Boise every year, and would love to have them back in the west division.

In some ways I honestly miss the old WAC. We were typically a 2-bid league, always had a ranked team, and it seems like we even had better bowl games at times (I guess mostly when Boise made the BCS).

I hope Nevada can do it's part and return to our old selves along with Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii.

Suds fans are great. Uncle Rico from napoleon dynamite. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

I've always respected Boise for the way they treated us when we played in the bowl games on the blue turf. I'll never forget as a kid opening up the Fresno Bee the next morning and saw a picture of a fan that made a sign that said "bulldog today bronco forever" or something like that. 

If any Boise State fans plan on coming to Fresno for the last home game, you are more than welcomed to stop by our tailgate. DM me if interested. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Just now, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

I've always respected Boise for the way they treated us when we played in the bowl games on the blue turf. I'll never forget as a kid opening up the Fresno Bee the next morning and saw a picture of a fan that made a sign that said "bulldog today bronco forever" or something like that. 

If any Boise State fans plan on coming to Fresno for the last home game, you are more than welcomed to stop by our tailgate. DM me if interested. 

Great times.  The game against Virginia in particular.  The stadium was freaking rocking with Boise fans rooting for Fresno and it was LOUD.  Our fan-base has since lost that passion the last few years, hard to get similar energy for the Broncos anymore.