Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Fresno is going to have the best turn around from last year to this year in the entire nation

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Lol. Every time a MWC coach has a bit of success, the rival fans start secretly  hoping for this.  I'm usually afraid of coaches leaving, but not this time.  Tedford has very strong Fresno ties. He's constantly called Fresno "home". He's bought a home, settled in, and is fully planning on ending his career in Fresno. I'm not saying there's a zero percent chance he leaves, but if he does, it'd be for a much better job than garbage ass Oregon State. 

Bought a home?? No way!! There you have it folks....its forever!

3 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

He’ll never leave....he even said so himself....LMAO..#smartenupkid

You have a reading comprehension issue? Never said he'll never leave. Smarten up. 

You think your Outside Wide Receivers coach would ever leave? Hot commodity. #169/130

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 minute ago, Slapdad said:

One of this nice ones in Fresno too; has a driveway so he doesn’t have to use the lawn to park like most of the Fresnonians. 

I heard he called all of the PAC 12 and said, “don’t come calling-already on the last stop of the tedfordtrain.”

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

You have a reading comprehension issue? Never said he'll never leave. Smarten up. 

You think your Outside Wide Receivers coach would ever leave? Hot commodity. #169/130

“He already said this is home!” Hahahhhaha...read it...

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

It's a lot more than that, but you knew that. I just love that we're speaking about this halfway through his first season. A sign of sweet, sweet success. 

45 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Yeah, that's tough.  I still think he sticks.  Pac 12 academic considerations are a bitch.

A young guy would leave State for Oregon state or some long shot like that.  This is The Teds last chance, I can’t see him doing that.  I have a hard time see him turning down UCLA or Oregon either.  But whether he ever gets offered those jobs depends on a dozen things like timing, other candidates, and personalities.  But if he wins here year after year, and he’s going to, those are the two jobs that worry me the most.  

24 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

It's a lot more than that, but you knew that. I just love that we're speaking about this halfway through his first season. A sign of sweet, sweet success. 

You can’t stop talking about it!! Take a breath, it’ll all work out..jeezus, if anybody wanted to know how to F with this guy, just bring up ole Teddy.,hilarious 

28 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

We love that you love that someone is talking about it. His realtor loves that you're talking about his home purchase. This is just the best Monday ever!!

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

We love that you love that someone is talking about it. His realtor loves that you're talking about his home purchase. This is just the best Monday ever!!

I hear Norvell's bags are still packed. I can hook you up with her number. There's a few nice properties in Reno in his price range. 

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I hear Norvell's bags are still packed. I can hook you up with her number. There's a few nice properties in Reno in his price range. 

But he said this is his forever home! And he bought a lawnmower. I think you're getting bad information. 

1 minute ago, Slapdad said:

But he said this is his forever home! And he bought a lawnmower. I think you're getting bad information. 

Lol. The possibility of Tedford leaving is still completely possible and a reality every successful G5 team must face. But sometimes you hire a coach with strong local ties that is less likely to leave. And that coach was Tedford for Fresno State. 

Is there a Sharta fan out there that can tell us if Brennen is still giving off a lot of "energy"?  This year's Sharta football team looks more and more impressive each week.

Something is definitely working there.

1 minute ago, Cincy said:

Is there a Sharta fan out there that can tell us if Brennen is still giving off a lot of "energy"?  This year's Sharta football team looks more and more impressive each week.

Something is definitely working there.

No, and I ? you not. There is a discipline video out on the Spartan board.  Apparently he felt a need to do this mid season.

Guest RoscoesDad

It's impossible to turn things around in less than 5 years.  /snark

This is the stupidity that has surrounded the UNLV program for the entire 25+ years I have been here.  It's like we excuse and capitulate to losing for long stretches by always rolling out the same lame ass excuses.  Meanwhile the programs around us continually manage to improve faster and lap us.  We beat Fresno last year.  Fresno didn't need 5 years with their new coach.  Shit, they didn't even need 5 games.  Meanwhile at UNLV all we get is sad stories about how far we are behind SDSU and how we just need more time....when a team we beat last year just managed to beat them.  So when we get our ass kicked by Fresno this weekend, we'll get more sad excuses and Mark Anderson will continue to blame our losses on lame shit like one of our OL going out for a few series, caused us to lose a 27pt lead.

1 minute ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Given Tedford's love of academic standards and how well he adhered to them at Cal, I don't see him jumping to UCLA. He's got a great situation at Fresno. 

Where they barely care about academics?  if that's what was meant, I agree....

1 minute ago, creeper86 said:

Where they barely care about academics?  if that's what was meant, I agree....

Speaking of not caring about academics.... SJSU was the original Cal State. UCLA was once a satellite campus of SJSU. SJSU fans like to use that as some point of pride, but it's truly a point of embarrassment. They were lapped by their satellite campus. Then Fresno came around decades later as some small teacher school and has now surpassed SJSU in academic rankings. Just a stagnant and sad situation there. No vision by your "leaders".