Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Fresno is going to have the best turn around from last year to this year in the entire nation

If they win out until they lose to us hopefully, they will have the best turnaround of any Division I program from last year to this year.    It would be ironic if Tedford has the best turnaround in the nation because of a graduate transfer quarterback from Oregon State and then at the end of the season Oregon State turns around and hires Tedford to be their head coach.

11 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

If they win out until they lose to us hopefully, they will have the best turnaround of any Division I program from last year to this year.    It would be ironic if Tedford has the best turnaround in the nation because of a graduate transfer quarterback from Oregon State and then at the end of the season Oregon State turns around and hires Tedford to be their head coach.

...and it would be idiotic to believe that would happen.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Phew, that's a load off. I've never once seen a coach say that and then leave. 

He gave it the Chris Petersen stamp of approval...our mountain bike trail game is strong.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Phew, that's a load off. I've never once seen a coach say that and then leave. 

it would be insanely bad form to bail on his alma mater after one year for a bottom feeding P5 school. I'm not overly worried.  I AM worried about getting our coordinators and position coaches poached.

Lol. Every time a MWC coach has a bit of success, the rival fans start secretly  hoping for this.  I'm usually afraid of coaches leaving, but not this time.  Tedford has very strong Fresno ties. He's constantly called Fresno "home". He's bought a home, settled in, and is fully planning on ending his career in Fresno. I'm not saying there's a zero percent chance he leaves, but if he does, it'd be for a much better job than garbage ass Oregon State. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

It is never say never, but I think it strongly looks like this will be Tedford's last gig.

Both of Tedford's adult sons have moved to Fresno in the last year. They are both in their 20s and basically spent the majority of their lives in the Bay Area. That sounds like a family putting down roots for the future in this area.

Tedford has already coached in the P5, CFL and a short NFL stint. Maybe he still has something to prove to himself but I sense he has more of a been there done that view of those other levels.

Jim Sweeney coached Tedford as a player at Fresno State and then hired him as first a QB coach and later promoted him to OC. Sweeney coached at Montana State, Washington State and Fresno State, then tried the NFL for 2 years but returned to HC in Fresno to coach for the last 16 years of his career. Sweeney was a strong influence on Tedford. How Sweeney spoke of those career moves would be part of any Tedford view. Tedford also spent a year under Pat Hill which also might influence the views of career movement.

At this point any Tedford move would probably not be about money or ego. Instead it would probably be only about the appeal of that team's challenges. But at the same time Tedford has seen that Fresno State can be a stable career position for Head Coaches, something that few HCs get to enjoy.

10 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

...and it would be idiotic to believe that would happen.

He’s sure as hell not going to Oregon state.  While I agree it seems like he is here for the long haul, the UCLA gig would be hard to turn down.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

it would be insanely bad form to bail on his alma mater after one year for a bottom feeding P5 school. I'm not overly worried.  I AM worried about getting our coordinators and position coaches poached.

In coaching, alma maters don't seem to make that much of a difference anymore. Coaches look out for their best interests, as they should. That said, I hope Tedford stays at FS.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

In coaching, alma maters don't seem to make that much of a difference anymore. Coaches look out for their best interests, as they should. 

It depends on the coach. This is tedford, not lane kiffin.

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I hope he sticks around. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

So let’s say UCLA loses to southern cal and mora gets canned, , I assume they call Kelly first, but let’s say chip says no.  You know they’d at least interview Tedford if State wins the MW this year.

7 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

So let’s say UCLA loses to southern cal and mora gets canned, , I assume they call Kelly first, but let’s say chip says no.  You know they’d at least interview Tedford if State wins the MW this year.

UCLA is a job you leave Fresno for. All places are more fun to live in if you make millions, but this is especially true of LA and So Cal in general. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, CPslograd said:

Yeah, that's tough.  I still think he sticks.  Pac 12 academic considerations are a bitch.

18 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

“He’ll never leave Fresno-he said so and calls it home.” Lolllololo....yea, coaches always turn down the P5 and the $$$$$....crazy talk from some board members here.....and to leave the beautiful City of Fresno?? Not a chance. 

I must say, I'm really enjoying your quick audibles every week:

Tedford is hired

"He's tired. He's old. Has no energy like our coach. Bad hire. Retreadford!!"

We slaughter IW...

"You beat a crappy FCS team. Still can't beat an FBS team"

We beat Nevada

"You still can't beat a team on the road. You guys still suck"

We beat SJSU on the road...

"You beat the worst FBS team. SJSU played better the second half. You guys still suck"

We demolish UNM and SDSU...

"Your coach is so good that he's going to quickly leave you for a better school and city"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I FCKING LOVE IT!! 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg