Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fido

American maybe is P6? Dominating rankings for P5

Reviewing the AP standings as of week 9 for the access bowl, the American has 3 ranked teams (#17 South Florida, #18 UCF, and #24 Memphis).  No other G5 conference has any teams ranked.  Others receiving votes include San Diego State (7), Toledo (1), and Marshall (1).  Does the AAC have this pretty much locked up?

3 teams for now, but they'll be cannibalizing each other shortly. Soon they'll only be one ranked aac team.

A best of the rest conf is needed. Imagine a #10 USF vs a #13 fs, bsu, sdsu, etc. For the championship. It would force the crooks to consider expanding the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, topdogteddy said:

3 teams for now, but they'll be cannibalizing each other shortly. Soon they'll only be one ranked aac team.

A best of the rest conf is needed. Imagine a #10 USF vs a #13 fs, bsu, sdsu, etc. For the championship. It would force the crooks to consider expanding the playoffs.

I feel like the winner of USF vs UCF will be in a good spot...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, topdogteddy said:

This is suggested all the time and I don't understand it. College football is so cyclical that, outside of Boise State, the best of the rest would look different from year to year.  Depending on the year, Utah State, So Miss, Nevada, Hawaii, and BYU would be on that list....none of which would be this year. 

47 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

More surprising is that SDSU is receiving votes.

:huh:

Yes...and Colorado State and Boise State...but not even a sniff for Fresno..these polls are so tainted..Thank you fake media ranking us to come dead last in our preseason polls for the western division.

45 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Are we sure Fresno is good? I'm not.

Yes, only losses are to Bama and Washington. I am pretty sure most teams in the MWC and AAC would loses to them. I think zero of those teams would beat Bama and maybe 1 might be Washington and that is on a good day.

1 hour ago, topdogteddy said:

No it wouldn't.  If anything, contraction is what's on the table.  Performance and rankings has never mattered.  They're P5 because of the money.  They can stink forever and they'll still have more money.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

No it wouldn't.  If anything, contraction is what's on the table.  Performance and rankings has never mattered.  They're P5 because of the money.  They can stink forever and they'll still have more money.

P5s are p5s because of exposure. Exposure gets them recruits. Its why a Florida recruit will often pick Nebraska over USF!

Recruits care about exposure the most, and p5s own all the good exposure. Best of the rest with an NBC contract is the only way to break through.

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

I feel like the winner of USF vs UCF will be in a good spot...

Well see

2 hours ago, Fido said:

Reviewing the AP standings as of week 9 for the access bowl, the American has 3 ranked teams (#17 South Florida, #18 UCF, and #24 Memphis).  No other G5 conference has any teams ranked.  Others receiving votes include San Diego State (7), Toledo (1), and Marshall (1).  Does the AAC have this pretty much locked up?

Can you imagine what they'd look like if Boise and SDSU had joined like originally planned? 

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

This is suggested all the time and I don't understand it. College football is so cyclical that, outside of Boise State, the best of the rest would look different from year to year.  Depending on the year, Utah State, So Miss, Nevada, Hawaii, and BYU would be on that list....none of which would be this year. 

Look at markets, attendance, and potential. Its easy to spot the right fits.

Utah state and ecu are good products but theyre screwed cause their markets are over saturated. Sjsu, nev, and wyo are too small time. Here are the best 14

Fresno*

Sdsu*

CSU*

Unlv[2billion dollar stadium will fix football]

BYU*

Air force[national appeal]

Boise*

Ucf*

USF*

SMU*

Houston*

Cincinnati*