Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

SDSU is still gonna finish 10-2 and ranked (or close to it) and play a top 25 team in the Hawaii bowl

2 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They'll still finish 8-4/7-5. Hardly an impressive win. 

The Pac 12 as a whole is terrible this year. They probably won't get a playoff team in. 

IMO the real reason this is happening is the structure of CFB is making it harder and harder for the PAC to get early season home games against top level P5 programs. How can you prove anything if you no one will play you? Why do you think MW schools are getting so many HnH's now...

Do yourself a favor and check PAC schedules thru week 3/4...and tell me they're isn't a noticeable absence of single decent east coast team making the trip to the west coast. 

PAC has a borderline interest in seeing the MW improve now if for no other reason than the two conferences have a lot of match ups in the pipeline. Good MW = Good wins(potentially) and that helps rankings. 

51 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Arizona State isn't really that great...USC will wind up winning that division, and they beat the beloved Cardinal. They lost to you guys, Stanfark, and Texas Tech, none of which is really that impressive. Washington hadn't beaten them in Tempe since 2001, so it's not all that surprising that they lost down there. 

NIU is ok, but they also lost to BC (who I know has beaten Louisville and Virginia, both of whom are going to finish at best 3rd in their respective ACC divisions this year), and beat a crappy Nebraska team. 

Again, nothing to really hang your hat on. None of those three teams are all that great...definitely not Top 25 material. 

Lol, some great analysis there.  Discount what has actually happened on the field and give full credit to your predictions...

1 hour ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Arizona State isn't really that great...USC will wind up winning that division, and they beat the beloved Cardinal. They lost to you guys, Stanfark, and Texas Tech, none of which is really that impressive. Washington hadn't beaten them in Tempe since 2001, so it's not all that surprising that they lost down there. 

NIU is ok, but they also lost to BC (who I know has beaten Louisville and Virginia, both of whom are going to finish at best 3rd in their respective ACC divisions this year), and beat a crappy Nebraska team. 

Again, nothing to really hang your hat on. None of those three teams are all that great...definitely not Top 25 material. 

WHat in the actual +++++?

52 minutes ago, k5james said:

Lol, some great analysis there.  Discount what has actually happened on the field and give full credit to your predictions...

Your wins aren't all that impressive. It's not like you're beating the Miami Hurricanes of the world. A mediocre Stanford, an ASU that's capitalized on a down Pac12 South that's as bad as it's ever been, and NIU are hardly "great" wins. Better than losses, yes, but hardly anything to hang your hat on. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, Warbow said:

You will win, Penny will rush for 500 yards and your QB will be made to look like a Heisman trophy candidate. Our defense is that bad.

You missed our Fresburg game. Not a chance in hell...

2 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Your wins aren't all that impressive. It's not like you're beating the Miami Hurricanes of the world. A mediocre Stanford, an ASU that's capitalized on a down Pac12 South that's as bad as it's ever been, and NIU are hardly "great" wins. Better than losses, yes, but hardly anything to hang your hat on. 

Lol, one is in the top 25, one beat a team you claim is a lock to beat said top 25 team and the other waa a missed chip shot FG from beating a solid BC team.  Carry on the though...

2 minutes ago, k5james said:

Lol, one is in the top 25, one beat a team you claim is a lock to beat said top 25 team and the other waa a missed chip shot FG from beating a solid BC team.  Carry on the though...

They didn't beat BC though...BC isn't a great team by any stretch, either. They beat an inconsistent L'ville and RUTS'd a hapless UVA team that's finally been exposed the last few weeks.

I'm not surprised UW lost, they hadn't beat ASU in Tempe in like 16 years...they never play well there. 

I really was hoping you guys would be able to make an Access Bowl, but the last few weeks have put that notion to rest. 

The teams you beat are ok, but are hardly great...better than losing to them I guess. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

You don’t realize how bad our Defense is...

We made SJSU’s Offense look competent and Nevada’s backup RB look like All-MW. I bet Penny will rush for at least 200 yards.

Well, I hope you are right. I am already excited for this game. Want to get the bad taste out of our mouths. 

9 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Well, I hope you are right. I am already excited for this game. Want to get the bad taste out of our mouths. 

Unless DC Legi Suiaunoa had a moment of enlightenment during the bye week. You will see many all-out blitzes and your QB will throw quick passes up the middle which should be wide open. The blitzes will also leave holes for Penny to run through and chances for long pass plays since the secondary won’t get help from all the blitzing. That’s been the case for every game so far with Legi at the helm.

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

You missed our Fresburg game. Not a chance in hell...

Serious ...Penny will come close to 300 yards rushing against Hawaii and your QB will be like 15-17 for over 300 yards

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I'm as happy as the next Dogs fan for the butt kicking we gave SDSU, but they still have the best wins in the conference in ASU and Stanford.

We're just peaking at the right time in the conference, and SDSU met us during our peak. Right now, Fresno State is the best team in the division.

However, the reason SDSU still gets love is because both teams are doing good in a P6 conference, it doesn't matter that we say the PAC is "down"....beating a good PAC team on the road and then one at home that's ranked is impressive as hell.

1MXnKMV.jpg

20 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Yes it is and you've done a damn good job of explaining why.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

mediocre: of moderate quality; average. Yeah, Stanford is definitely average at #20 out of 130 FBS teams.

And ASU's Sagarin is #33. The best Sagarin in this crap conference is Boise at #44.

Nobody said those were "great" wins but the more you post the more you :digging:

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

mediocre: of moderate quality; average. Yeah, Stanford is definitely average at #20 out of 130 FBS teams.

And ASU's Sagarin is #33. The best Sagarin in this crap conference is Boise at #44.

Nobody said those were "great" wins but the more you post the more you :digging:

Pretty much. I was hoping you guys would make the Access Bowl this year and was hoping for an SDSU-Miami Fiesta Bowl. 

Oh well, maybe next year. 

15 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Unless DC Legi Suiaunoa had a moment of enlightenment during the bye week. You will see many all-out blitzes and your QB will throw quick passes up the middle which should be wide open. The blitzes will also leave holes for Penny to run through and chances for long pass plays since the secondary won’t get help from all the blitzing. That’s been the case for every game so far with Legi at the helm.

To this point OC Jeff Horton hasn't shown the innovative wherewithal to do that. Maybe he'll cop a clue this week but I thought that would happen against Fresno.

Boom goes the dynamite.

23 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

You guys will murder us this week. 

NO SDSU is done except o for San jose and maybe Nevada,No offense at all. WE couldn't block FDR in his wheelchair, Hawaii wins 17-7 or ther abouts

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche