Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Fast food burgers

I don't eat fast food a lot. Every once in a while I have an Egg McMuffin (which are surprisingly not terrible in terms of nutrition) and coffee at McDonald's, and there is a local chain (Burgerville) that I like. But there is a Jack in the Box on my way from my kids' school/daycare, and we have this fun little thing where about once a week the car "decides to stop" for a milk shake. Anyways, I've had two of their burgers, the Buttery Jack and today the Ribeye Burger, and I am surprised that these are really nice burgers by fast food standards. I also tried and like one of the charbroiled burgers from Carls Jr. and from Wendy's (forgot which) and was pleasantly surprised. 

Anyways, it looks like fast food chains have been stepping up their game lately. What are your favorite fast food burgers and why? Any secret tips? Any guilty pleasures your wife doesn't have to know about? Share them here!

Absolutely no one +++++ing cares that your 3-hour home green chile flame-grilled burger is the best in the world. This is about fast food. If I can't eat it in my 12 MPG SUV, I don't care.

Tommy in downtown LA near rampart and Echo park,its greasy chili burgers are heaven

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

I like Red Robin's Blue Ribbon burger.  I like a lot of their burgers, actually.  Don't think it counts as fast food though.  If I eat a fast food chain burger, I like Burger King's whopper.  No cheese or mayo cuts fat and calories by half.

Small greasy spoons still make the best imo.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

55 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

ls.jpg

348s.jpg

Nation's in the East Bay. 

I forgot about Nations, we used to go there when we visited my relatives in Tracy. It was even better because they have that veggie burger, so my mom could have one since she's a vegetarian. 

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

And Jack's burgers are pretty good. The milkshakes there are awesome, but they have decent burgers too. I usually get the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger meal whenever I go. 

Burgerville is good too...I haven't been there in ages. 

J-box is a lie. Unless they specify it’s beef, they use soy burgers. When I found out it was like walking in as child on Santa banging the Easter bunny.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

A&W is tits. In-N-Out is good too. I like Nation's better, but In-N-Out has a bigger reach. Honestly never had bad food there either. 

In in out is consistent.  A and W can be up and down cause it's a franchise.

ill have to try Nations, never eaten there

25 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

A&W is tits. In-N-Out is good too. I like Nation's better, but In-N-Out has a bigger reach. Honestly never had bad food there either. 

I love Nation’s. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

So do I. Obviously you're a man of good taste. Like I'll literally go out of my way when I'm in the Bay to go there.  Not only their burgers are great, but they have really good fries and excellent breakfast. 

The chilli cheese fries after a night of drinking are divine. I’m the same way. I’ll go completely out of the way to make a stop there. Benicia, Vallejo, doesn’t matter. When I lived in the City I wore out the Daly City location. And you’re right, the breakfast is awesome.

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Are we good with chicken sandwiches for this thread? Because Chick-fil-a for the win.

I've honestly never understood the Chick-Fil-A hype. My wife and kids love it, and I just think it's decent food that goes cold too quickly. I'd happily take Church's or Popeyes over Chick-Fil-A anytime.

49 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I've honestly never understood the Chick-Fil-A hype. My wife and kids love it, and I just think it's decent food that goes cold too quickly. I'd happily take Church's or Popeyes over Chick-Fil-A anytime.

Popeyes is like A and W.  can be really good but is inconsistent.  Chic fil a is like In and Out.  Consistently good.

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Popeyes is like A and W.  can be really good but is inconsistent.  Chic fil a is like In and Out.  Consistently good.

I can go with that. Though I'd put Chick-Fil-A below In-N-Out in terms of consistency... it's consistently mediocre. ;) 

2 hours ago, nashvillepoke said:

I feel the same way about five guys.   I have never had a great experience there.  

I was there once, in Seattle, I think. There was a huge line out of the door. Everyone was drunk or on drugs. I wasn't exactly sober myself, but even through the vapors of booze the thing seemed pretty overrated.