Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

YBU really, it's time to come back home.

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Cute you think this conference has leverage with ESPN.  LOL

Maybe, but possibly we can convince FS1 or CBS sports network, or NBC, then go back to ESPN. You have many more options when negotiating as a group. Good Luck flying solo. I look forward to watching you play on ESPNU on Tuesday nights. 

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Cute you think this conference has leverage with ESPN.  LOL

Actually if we had you and Boise not negotiating their own deals you’re damm right we would!!!   

ESPN sports needs content for ESPN2 Friday and Saturday night.   The PAC-12 will never move all their games late.   Their fans hate it as it is.   Lots of Coug fans didn’t attend the game in the cold night tonight. 

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Actually if we had you and Boise not negotiating their own deals you’re damm right we would!!!   

ESPN sports needs content for ESPN2 Friday and Saturday night.   The PAC-12 will never move all their games late.   Their fans hate it as it is.   Lots of Coug fans didn’t attend the game in the cold night tonight. 

Game was on the road at ECU.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Cougs as in Washington State playing late night tonight on ESPN.  A number of people stayed home in the cold crappy weather. 

Gotcha. Every fanbase has this happen, though.  Attendance numbers are down across the board in college football. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

I know you guys are down right now, but if you guys keep playing like this you'll be getting a pay cut no matter what once your tv deal is up. You guys have to admit you were more relevant while being a member of the MWC. No way you guys would have gone Indy if Utah had not gone to the PAC-12. Time to just swallow your pride.

Do the networks really care about wins/losses?  I thought they only care about eyeballs and storylines.

8 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Maybe, but possibly we can convince FS1 or CBS sports network, or NBC, then go back to ESPN. You have many more options when negotiating as a group. Good Luck flying solo. I look forward to watching you play on ESPNU on Tuesday nights. 

BYU has done better than this conference as a whole with TV. 

v0icAvfW.jpg

6 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Gotcha. Every fanbase has this happen, though.  Attendance numbers are down across the board in college football. 

Not talking general attendance.   Smack 12 fans are spoiled.  They don’t like starting at 7:00 or 8:00 for National TV.   They think they are too good for that crap.     No way they would agree to fill Friday and Saturday night on ESPN and ESPN 2.

think about it just Friday ESPN, Saturday ESPN AND ESPN2 is 6 teams!   Then through in PAC 12 and Fox and every game would be in the 7:00 -8:00 time slot.   PAC-12 fans would revolt and it would kill recruiting for teams like Stanford and USC because East Coast parents would hate staying up late to watch.   

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

LOL...  you regurgitate false smack talking points without even watching anything .  Yes, there were >60K empty seats at cold LES last night.  The game was @ ECU you dolt.  

Uh.  Small point BYU isn’t the only team with Cougars as mascots and are rarely called the Cougs.   I was referring to WSU.  And I did watch the WSU game after the Fresno game and as my wife is a WSU grad I can attest a number of season ticket holders didn’t attend. 

8 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

BYU has done better than this conference as a whole with TV. 

I’m not arguing they haven’t.  My point is one of scarcity.  TV needs the late night games and they want options to keep the cost down.  That’s why ESPN encourage Boise to make their move and support your independence.    

But if Boise stopped acting like douches (unlikely) and BYU returned (more unlikely) the MWC would control all possible teams for the 7:00 pm time slot outside of the PAC-12.   We would have a very strong negotiating position.   

By splitting us apart, TV can lowball all of us.