Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPslograd

This one's for Tapeworm

Weeeeeeell...that's a bit like saying Obama swiftly killed Bin Laden after Bush didn't have the will to get it done. ISIS in Raqqa was defeated from two sides: the US-backed SDF taking Raqqa and the Russian-backed Syrians taking Mayadeen, where much of the ISIS Raqqa forces had withdrawn to months ago. Now, what's probably true is that Trump and Putin work a lot better side by side than Obama and Putin. Each does their thing and fewer shits are given, so that might translate to more decisive victories on the battlefield. 

3 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Weeeeeeell...that's a bit like saying Obama swiftly killed Bin Laden after Bush didn't have the will to get it done. ISIS in Raqqa was defeated from two sides: the US-backed SDF taking Raqqa and the Russian-backed Syrians taking Mayadeen, where much of the ISIS Raqqa forces had withdrawn to months ago. Now, what's probably true is that Trump and Putin work a lot better side by side than Obama and Putin. Each does their thing and fewer shits are given, so that might translate to more decisive victories on the battlefield. 

And they did say that.

And you're not being honest about the Obama admins lbj method of warfighting.

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

And they did say that.

And you're not being honest about the Obama admins lbj method of warfighting.

I'm sure they did. And I'm not being honest? I didn't say anything about that at all, did I?

Just now, I am Ram said:

I'm sure they did. And I'm not being honest? I didn't say anything about that at all, did I?

Exactly, you cited other reasons than trump allowing the generals to determine targets and roe.

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Exactly, you cited other reasons than trump allowing the generals to determine targets and roe.

I have no idea how significantly Trump's leadership style differs from Obama's. I wasn't presenting the Russian involvement as a counterargument to anything - just as another factor to consider. 

47 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

This is like Obama getting credit for ending Iraq when the withdrawal agreement was signed under Bush. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

This is like Obama getting credit for ending Iraq when the withdrawal agreement was signed under Bush. 

Like Joe Parker getting credit for CSU's inevitable joining the Big 12 when Jack Graham made the brochure.

Using con methodology about economics, Presidents shouldn't be given credit for things they stepped into office to gain.  Weirdly that doesn't apply to their guys, but that's why Cons are cons.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/291179-general-isis-fighters-becoming-easier-to-kill

In the years during the dreaded, hated, black-as-the-ace-of-spades-they-were! Obama administration Isis lost 45,000 fighters in two years.  Then in the dawn of the Cheeto (orange savior of everything con to some!), this was reported -

"Gen. Tony Thomas, speaking of Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, said at the Aspen Security Forum. “I mean everyone who worked for him initially is dead or gone. Everybody who stepped to the plate the next time [is] dead or gone. Down through a network where we have killed, in a conservative estimate, 60,000 to 70,000 of his followers, his army.”  - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/21/isis-broken-but-leader-slipped-away-due-to-leak-says-key-general.html

Is that 60-70k figure in addition to first 45k?  No.  So...

IcBgh9x.gif

Obama

8===========================================D

Cheeto

8=======D

That will be especially difficult for white nationals like dipshit to digest or accept.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Guest RoscoesDad
14 hours ago, mugtang said:

So Bush created ISIS not obama.  Date certain for withdrawl from iraq was set by bush not obama. 

Glad we agree ?

9 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

So Bush created ISIS not obama.  Date certain for withdrawl from iraq was set by bush not obama. 

Glad we agree ?

Obama failed to finish the negotiations for troops to remain in Iraq which left the vacuum.   Bush negotiated the date but with the assumption that like Japan, Korea, Germany ect... there would be some forces left in the country to stabilize it.

One of the few good things about Trump is that he has differed to Mattis and his generals and is really hands off (NK dick swinging aside).  Anybody who refuses to recognize that this administration has done a pretty good job against ISIS is just too partisan to talk about the issue. 

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

One of the few good things about Trump is that he has differed to Mattis and his generals and is really hands off (NK dick swinging aside).  Anybody who refuses to recognize that this administration has done a pretty good job against ISIS is just too partisan to talk about the issue. 

Doesn't seem they gave a lot of thought to post-ISIS. Based on past experience, that doesn't bode well for the future. And Nacho Duce will own it. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

19 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Obama failed to finish the negotiations for troops to remain in Iraq which left the vacuum.   Bush negotiated the date but with the assumption that like Japan, Korea, Germany ect... there would be some forces left in the country to stabilize it.

No. Iran leaned on Iraq and they told us they wanted us out. There was nothing either president could have done at that point.

(You can easily argue that Bush's administration screwed up the occupation so that Iran was calling the shots though).

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.