Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

well... both teams had a ton of injuries, both some flubs, but overall a good contest.

UNM is a very, very fine team with much talent on O & D.  How on earth did you guys lose to NMSU & Fresno (by such a large Margin) or any team (not just FSU) ?  Sorry for all the injuries on both sides.  

We were hoping to see a great Contest & see both teams play well on ESPN.  My Rams were very lucky to get the Win.

What was the reason UNM thought  there was a Safety?  Did not understand that... but I'm sure there's good reasons.  Please explain??

ESPN is becoming more & more the Devil.... IMHO.

5 minutes ago, RAMification said:

What was the reason UNM thought  there was a Safety?  Did not understand that... but I'm sure there's good reasons.  Please explain??

Hold in the EZ...

20 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It looked like half the CSU team got injured. Any word on any of them? 

Our Soph Safety who's been doing very well since end of last season (hicks) has broken arm.  Other than that, don't know much.  

Also our Slot Receiver (Deitrich Clark) who's been excellent this year... was evidently hurt last week (shoulder) and was not dressed for UNM.  Hope to get him back real soon.  

That was a VERY physical game!!!  I saw one of our best ever Frosh DT's stand up a bit on a Run... he got obliterated by a UNM OT (welcome to the league kid).  How's your team doing re Health???  

11 hours ago, RAMification said:

Our Soph Safety who's been doing very well since end of last season (hicks) has broken arm.  Other than that, don't know much.  

Also our Slot Receiver (Deitrich Clark) who's been excellent this year... was evidently hurt last week (shoulder) and was not dressed for UNM.  Hope to get him back real soon.  

That was a VERY physical game!!!  I saw one of our best ever Frosh DT's stand up a bit on a Run... he got obliterated by a UNM OT (welcome to the league kid).  How's your team doing re Health???  

No word yet on our starting NT and SS.

18 hours ago, RAMification said:

UNM is a very, very fine team with much talent on O & D.  How on earth did you guys lose to NMSU & Fresno (by such a large Margin) or any team (not just FSU) ?  Sorry for all the injuries on both sides.  

We were hoping to see a great Contest & see both teams play well on ESPN.  My Rams were very lucky to get the Win.

Safety because the holding penalty clearly happened in the end zone. 

tetons1.jpg

I could not believe the number of penalties from both teams in NM's final scoring drive.  I suppose if you are CSU, it was a great way to run down the clock.  If I were NM, I would have kicked a field goal once they got in the red zone instead of messing around with the touchdown. They needed an onside kick anyway, which they recovered.  But there was no real time left but desperation time which resulted in the pick. Entertaining game, though.

Good game Lobos.

I am not real high on our team.  We make too many mistakes, the penalties are going to bite us in the ass and there are no signs that Bobo is gonna clean that up. 

Suddenly our offense is really starting to sputter, special teams are a disaster, our secondary is garbage.  I'm glad we are finding ways to win but we just look really bad right now and I can't help but think we drop a game or two very soon. 

Hope I'm wrong but this team better figure out what's wrong and do it fast.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

8 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Safety because the holding penalty clearly happened in the end zone. 

Contact was initiated outside of the end zone and without breaking contact the defensive player was then held, but based on contact initiating outside the end zone it was considered to not be a safety.

I have no idea if that's the correct interpretation or not, but that's the one they apparently used.  And yeah, Davie should have challenged.  If he's not challenging some of these he's got to be getting bad advice from his assistants in the booth.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, RAMification said:

Report on injured players our starting safety Sophomore Bijon Parker broken forearm and NT senior Johnny Williams knee are out for the year.

26 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Report on injured players our starting safety Sophomore Bijon Parker broken forearm and NT senior Johnny Williams knee are out for the year.

Jamal Hicks (Safety) - Broken forearm as well. 

Bisi Johnson (Receiver) - MCL Sprain - out at least for the next game.

Our others are still ?

3 hours ago, HylianHero said:

Jamal Hicks (Safety) - Broken forearm as well. 

Bisi Johnson (Receiver) - MCL Sprain - out at least for the next game.

Our others are still ?

Sorry, forgot to ask about your teams players. Hopefully the other players will be ok. Our other players that got nicked up will be back this week for Wyoming.

11 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Sorry, forgot to ask about your teams players. Hopefully the other players will be ok. Our other players that got nicked up will be back this week for Wyoming.

I was a bit surprised at how physical that game was.  I think Davie may have had your team too "primed" (if that's possible), and thus all of the penalties.  Regardless, it seemed to throw us off our game.  Hopefully you guys can get that under control and get bowl eligible.

On 10/22/2017 at 4:06 PM, Headbutt said:

Contact was initiated outside of the end zone and without breaking contact the defensive player was then held, but based on contact initiating outside the end zone it was considered to not be a safety.

I have no idea if that's the correct interpretation or not, but that's the one they apparently used.  And yeah, Davie should have challenged.  If he's not challenging some of these he's got to be getting bad advice from his assistants in the booth.

I believe you are correct on the holding call, ball is spotted from where the hold begins.