Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

Non-MWC game thread week 8

Iowa State looking strong again this week up on Texas Tech 24-6 at the half in Lubbock.  Everyone is talking about TCU, OSU, OU, WVU and Texas having a shot at the Big XII title but ISU might have something to say about it this year.   I don't see them winning the conference but they sure as heck look like they can beat anyone in it this year.

My favorite P5 school, Michigan State, is struggling badly with Indiana. Spartans are down 6-3 in with less than 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. An unexpected defensive battle!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Both of ASU's non conference losses are starting to look bad :shots:

Texas Tech got shut down at home by a mediocre Iowa State

San Diego State lost to a Boise State team that got drilled at home by a mediocre Virginia team that has been drilled at home by Indiana and Boston College

You guys are playing different than you did earlier in the year.  

You beat USC this upcoming weekend, and who knows how the last month will go.  I could see you winning out.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

You guys are playing different than you did earlier in the year.  

You beat USC this upcoming weekend, and who knows how the last month will go.  I could see you winning out.

It certainly is possible, but there is a long way to go still and that Arizona game is looming large at the end of the regular season. Not to mention other teams in the PAC that will now suddenly get up to play ASU.

By the way, @Jack Bauer, this is totally random, but I was thinking back in the summer that BYU ought to try to get Miami on its yearly schedule.

I mean Miami does not currently have a regular "year end rival" and BYU could become that team which would make an interesting cross-sectional rivalry if you could get it.

Sure you guys are down now, but if you get back up in the near future, that series could be great for TV. I realize you have no control over scheduling, but I had to throw it out there.

Wow, BYU getting dominated by ECU. Pirates are up 33-10 on the Borg with 6:20 to go. Cougars about to lose its 6th in a row... ouch!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

By the way, @Jack Bauer, this is totally random, but I was thinking back in the summer that BYU ought to try to get Miami on its yearly schedule.

I mean Miami does not currently have a regular "year end rival" and BYU could become that team which would make an interesting cross-sectional rivalry if you could get it.

Sure you guys are down now, but if you get back up in the near future, that series could be great for TV. I realize you have no control over scheduling, but I had to throw it out there.

I'm game for that.  I doubt Miami would be. 

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Wow, BYU getting dominated by ECU. Pirates are up 33-10 on the Borg with 6:20 to go. Cougars about to lose its 6th in a row... ouch!

Tisk, tisk, it's 7 in a row.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg