Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV (Homecoming)

27 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It was a fetish for many on the basketball side - some person HAD to have a tie to the Tark era of 1986-91 ..........seemed to be a must for most on Rebel-net, even down to Warkenteins daughter being there........they must be apoplectic now that there is no ties to those Tark years 

10 years from now people will be clamoring for Kevin Kruger to take over and Wendell White to be Assistant.

4 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

It seems to be the default for some UNLV fans. Former player X is the answer to our coaching prayers.

as i mentioned before, i don't care where he came from, even if it were reno. but there is a former pro bowl qb right across town that has expressed interest in helping out the qb's at unlv. how could that possibly hurt with rogers, a kid that reminds me of him? we're talking about a qb coach, not a head coach. i say reach out, and see what happens. if the experiment fails, he's gone in a year with the rest of the coaching staff. but what if he actually helps rogers? sam king was the qb (sr) at unlv when cunningham came in, and taught cunningham a LOT. who has rogers had to look up to at unlv? there is no one here to help him.

+++++ this hiring someone Vegas shit. Just get me a rising star Pac 12 OC.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

5 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

10 years from now people will be clamoring for Kevin Kruger to take over and Wendell White  Justin Hawkins to be Assistant.

Justin is a smart kid.  He has started his collegiate coaching career.  I hope we hear good things from him in the future where ever he lands.  Kevin is another smart kid.  

10 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

as i mentioned before, i don't care where he came from, even if it were reno. but there is a former pro bowl qb right across town that has expressed interest in helping out the qb's at unlv. how could that possibly hurt with rogers, a kid that reminds me of him? we're talking about a qb coach, not a head coach. i say reach out, and see what happens. if the experiment fails, he's gone in a year with the rest of the coaching staff. but what if he actually helps rogers? sam king was the qb (sr) at unlv when cunningham came in, and taught cunningham a LOT. who has rogers had to look up to at unlv? there is no one here to help him.

When a former player of the stature of Randall Cunningham reaches out,  the guy leading a program should probably figure out a way to use his talent and experience.  Heck, Cunningham could probably help the UNLV punter too.

17 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

When a former player of the stature of Randall Cunningham reaches out,  the guy leading a program should probably figure out a way to use his talent and experience.  Heck, Cunningham could probably help the UNLV punter too.

Hauck shut that down so fast, talk about insecurity.. i don't know if there was bad blood between him and sanchez at gorman when Randall's kid was there, who knows.

And yeah, i saw him kick at least one 70 yard punt.

9 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

+++++ this hiring someone Vegas shit. Just get me a rising star Pac 12 OC.

Prefer a former HC with experience of running an actual program in addition to having a lot of connections to fill out a staff. 

Like Sonny Dykes.