Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV (Homecoming)

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Regards like you expect a program to win the conference after three years with a new coach.  It just doesn’t work that way when you’re UNLV.

Fresno State says hello.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, TK_05 said:

it's pretty amazing that unlv football hasn't even lucked into a good hire in over 40 years

probably mike sanford's kid wouldn't consider unlv :P. he's going to be twice the coach his dad was (is).

but tedford has the experience needed to bring fresno back. how many of those guys are out there who aren't a cotton, or a baer?

1 minute ago, TK_05 said:

it's pretty amazing that unlv football hasn't even lucked into a good hire in over 40 years

And UNLV FB has literally tried every coach move too.

Former player / assistant coach who beat Wisconsin = Wayne Nunnaly

Asst from major program = Jim Strong (Notre Dame) 

Hot offensive head coach poached coach from rival school = Jeff Horton (UNR)

Legendary former USC/NFL head coach = John Robinson

Hot shot OC from hot shot program on rise = Mike Sanford (Utah)

Winning HC from FCS division = Bobby Hauck (Montana)

Winning HC from suddenly prominent HS program = Tony Sanchez (Gorman HS) 

This week seems to be the first week that I've noticed Sanchez actually come out and say there is a real problem with the defense - Have to think Baer is officially on the hot seat from here on out (we can hope) 

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

And UNLV FB has literally tried every coach move too.

Former player / assistant coach who beat Wisconsin = Wayne Nunnaly

Asst from major program = Jim Strong (Notre Dame) 

Hot offensive head coach poached coach from rival school = Jeff Horton (UNR)

Legendary former USC/NFL head coach = John Robinson

Hot shot OC from hot shot program on rise = Mike Sanford (Utah)

Winning HC from FCS division = Bobby Hauck (Montana)

Winning HC from suddenly prominent HS program = Tony Sanchez (Gorman HS) 

and ron meyer was our best coach, but had most of his success after unlv. we either need a time machine or to just hire some random person from this forum 

10 minutes ago, TK_05 said:

and ron meyer was our best coach, but had most of his success after unlv. we either need a time machine or to just hire some random person from this forum 

Meyer had UNLV ranked as a D-II program, so he was a hot commodity when SMU came calling ........then UNLV hired Tony Knap away from Boise St to take UNLV from D-II to D-I and he won and had UNLV competitive right away playing an old WAC schedule and Harvey Hyde did OK but scandal & player antics brought him down and UNLV has struggled ever since.

I still think UNLV not getting a full invite into the WAC in 1981 after paying a WAC schedule for 3 or 4 years really hurt the FB program in the long term 

Just now, ph90702 said:

I think he’s even faster than Lexington Thomas.  We literally had no drop off between the two. Campbell is a drop off, but it’s not anything like it is at quarterback.

i think lex is a bit faster, but williams is stronger. but i've seen lex throw some awesome blocks, for being as small as he is.