Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV (Homecoming)

3 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

Everybody needs to quit talking about Dykes and support what you have.  Dykes is having a great year as the offensive analyst at TCU and he just needs to stay in that position, unless Cumbie is Texas Tech's next coach.

With the NCAA rule change expanding staff size from 9 to 10 assistants Dykes should play an even larger role at TCU... and probably for a pretty decent paycheck.

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Sanchez is a joke. The whole program is. Honesty firing Hauck was a really dumb move. At least he went bowling. Nobody bowls at UNLV. But with the new AD, I could see something potentially happening, but he's probably got another 1 maybe 2 years or so, which is depressing, but probably reality. 

Dykes would be a good hire IMO. 

I think Sanchez is a great choice as HC for nevada southern. As bad as Nevada has been in the win loss department this year, I have at least some hope to retain the Fremont Cannon with him at the helm.Here's my prediction Nevada 49 nevada southern 48 in a defensive struggle.:shots:

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Honesty firing Hauck was a really dumb move. At least he went bowling. Nobody bowls at UNLV.

I could see how Hauck's removal could look puzzling from afar.

But the 2013 (bowl) season was an anomaly that he wasn't going to repeat.  The team became bowl eligible despite the coaching, due to on-field leadership and play of one of the best QB/RB/WR trios in program history (Caleb Herring, Tim Cornett, Devante Davis).

The 2014 season was back to reality, and Hauck looked like he was phoning it in for the remainder of his contract.  By the end of the season he had only leveraged the bowl trip into one recruit committed and play on the field was dismal.

2 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Even after the Hauckster was fired there were coaches lined up to come here.  But, tina only did phone interviews because she had made up her mind that high school coaches are what we needed.  

They have him five years.  They showed they’re willing to give somebody a chance.  That’s why people were interested.

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

He can and he should. Are you saying 9-22 is acceptable? Losing to Howard would be enough at most programs to can a HC. 

Buyouts are negotiatiable and they did that with Hauck. 

Who said a 9-22 record is acceptable.  You’re acting like we should be 22-9.  What part of our program was/is one of the ten worst in the nation do you not understand?

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

They have him five years.  They showed they’re willing to give somebody a chance.  That’s why people were interested.

The only reason Tony was given a chance was Tina saw Fertitta dollar signs.  No one should hire a high school coach for any Division 1 Head Coach position.

17 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Who said a 9-22 record is acceptable.  You’re acting like we should be 22-9.  What part of our program was/is one of the ten worst in the nation do you not understand?

At this point, he should be approaching .500 if he was going to be successful. Face it, your boy Sanchez is a dud.

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

At this point, he should be approaching .500 if he was going to be successful. Face it, your boy Sanchez is a dud.

I’m not worried at all.  Landry for the Cowboys didn’t win for almost a decade, and he figured it out.  The NFL is much harder than college.  Patience is key.  When Sanchez took over, UNLV was arguably the worst job in the country.

27 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m not worried at all.  Landry for the Cowboys didn’t win for almost a decade, and he figured it out.  The NFL is much harder than college.  Patience is key.  When Sanchez took over, UNLV was arguably the worst job in the country.

Sanchez = Landry?

:lol: 

31 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

When Sanchez took over, UNLV was arguably the worst job in the country.

Some could argue it still is.  When Unlv decides the high school experiment is over, the transition could actually be tougher.  You are in a real tough spot now.  

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Who said a 9-22 record is acceptable. 

Why keep Sanchez then if it isn’t? 

You’re acting like we should be 22-9.  What part of our program was/is one of the ten worst in the nation do you not understand?

Lol. Except that’s not what was hyped before the season began. Sanchez had the media hyping up a bowl appearance this season. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Why keep Sanchez then if it isn’t? 

Lol. Except that’s not what was hyped before the season began. Sanchez had the media hyping up a bowl appearance this season. 

Losing isn’t acceptable, but it was apparent that we would be doing a lot of that when he was hired.