Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV (Homecoming)

Some postmortem on the Air Force collapse 

UNLV forced and recovered four fumbles on the day but could only convert those turnovers into 10 total points as AFA quarterback Arion Worthman scored all five of his team’s touchdowns on the ground as part of his 166-yard rushing day.

UNLV scored the first 27 points of the game and Air Force scored the final 27 points of the game

Walk-on defensive back Jocquez Kalili, who made his second career start at cornerback, had four total tackles, including two TFL, forced two fumbles that the Rebels recovered and recovered another one himself.

Lexington Thomas took a handoff on third-and-one and turned it into a 55-yard rushing touchdown on the opening series. It marked the fourth time in the last five games that Lightning had at least one 55-yard rush

Armani Rogers turned in his first 100-yard rushing game as a Rebel and the 12th in history by a UNLV quarterback. His 148 yards on 16 carries ranked third in school history. The school record is 165 yards by Hunkie Cooper vs. Oregon State in 1991

Devonte Boyd’s three receptions moved him past Earvin Johnson (183 from 2001-04) into fifth place on the UNLV career catches list with 184

UNLV had gone 10 quarters without a turnover when Armani Rogers threw a first-quarter interception

Former starting quarterback Johnny Stanton, who has earned time on special teams this season, saw his first action on defense when he came in as a Rebel backer in the second quarter. Stanton finished with two tackles on assists

USU continued to invent new ways to give a game away against Wyoming and I don't think the bleeding stops this week. If Jordan Love starts at QB there may be hope to keep this one close but if Myers starts or plays the majority of the time then I think UNLV wins handily. This is a battle of two teams that simply don't know how to win a football game despite what talent they may have. I could see Rogers having a big day...

DATE: Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017
KICKOFF: 3:08 pm PT
SITE: Sam Boyd Stadium (35,500/SPRINTURF), Las Vegas
TV: AT&T SportsNet (Drew Goodman, Sed Bonner & Brad Thompson)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer & Caleb Herring)
ONLINE: Live Stats at www.unlvrebels.com

The game will be televised regionally on AT&T Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683)

Utah State leads the all-time series 15-7

USU at UNLV RECORD: USU leads 7-4

USU’s LARGEST WIN: 42 (42-0 in 1995)

UNLV’s LARGEST WIN: 18 (28-10 in 1983)

USU has won 3 straight in the series outscoring UNLV 97-57 (32.3-19.0)

The team that has led at the half has won three of the last four games played in the series

USU has won 3 of the last 5 meetings

In this century, USU has a 5-2 series lead

Eleven of the 22 games played in the series have been decided by one score

USU has a 9-20 road record under Matt Wells 

These programs first staged a home-and-home series back in 1971 & ‘73 and later played 13 times as Big West Conference (originally PCAA) rivals from 1983-95

The Rebels and Aggies have played some of the closest contests in UNLV history as 11 of the 22 games were decided by a touchdown or less, including three by just one or two points

USU head coach and former USU QB Matt Wells twice competed against UNLV, hitting 6 of 9 pass attempts for 181 yards and two TDs in a 23-21 Rebel win in Logan in 1994 and then going 3 for 3 for 24 yards and a scoring run the following fall when the Aggies shut out UNLV 42-0 in Las Vegas

Third-year UNLV defensive coordinator Kent Baer is a former standout linebacker (1970-72), GA (1977-78) and assistant coach (1979-85) for the Aggies, who inducted him into the Utah State Hall of Fame September 8

USU Head Coach: Matt Wells
• School Record: 31-29 (5th year)
• Career Record: 31-29 (5th year)
• Mountain West Record: 20-15 (5th year)
• vs. UNLV: 2-0

UNLV Head Coach: Tony Sanchez
• School Record: 9-21 (3rd year)
• Career Record: 9-21 3rd year)
• Mountain West Record: 6-13 (3rd year)
• vs. Utah State: 0-0

As Big West members, USU went 8-5 against the Rebels with a 4-2 home record and a 4-3 road mark. As Mountain West members, USU is 2-0 against the Rebels.

Utah State is 20-15 (.571) all-time in the Mountain West, including an 8-9 (.471) road record, and has won 31 of its last 46 (.674) league games dating back to 2011

Utah State is leading the nation with four blocked kicks this year

UNLV has been in the red zone 24 times with 21 scores - 13 TD's & 8 Fg's

Utah State has scored five non-offensive touchdowns this year

Utah State has won 19 of its last 22 games when it has a 100-yard rusher and 25 of its last 27 contests when rushing at least 40 times in a game, including a 3-0 record this season

UNLV 100-YARD RUSH GAMES
1. 17 Mike Thomas 1973-74
2. 16 Tim Cornett 2011-14
3. 11 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04
4. 10 Lexington Thomas 2015-SA
 10 Kirk Jones 1983-86
 10 Mack Gilchrist 1968-7

Lexington Thomas runs of 55+ yards this season:

62 at Idaho 2017
60 at Idaho 2017
56 SAN JOSE STATE 2017
55 at Air Force 2017
55 at Ohio State 2017

UNLV has a record of 39-99 (19th year) vs MWC opponents

USU has a record of 20-15 (5th year) vs MWC opponents

in 120 years of football USU has an overall record of 537-537-31

DEVONTE BOYD

UNLV CAREER REC. YARDS
1. 3,495 Ryan Wolfe 2006-09
2. 3,045 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA
3. 2,785 Devante Davis 2011-14

UNLV CAREER RECEPTIONS
1. 283 Ryan Wolfe 2006-09
2. 202 Casey Flair 2005-08
3. 187 Damon Williams 1995-98
4. 186 Devante Davis 2011-14
5. 184 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA

UNLV CAREER TD REC.
1. 26 Phillip Payne 2006-11
2. 24 Henry Bailey 1991-94
3. 22 Devante Davis 2011-14
4. 21 Sam Greene 1979-80
5. 20 Nate Hawkins 1968-71
6. 18 George Thomas 1984-87
7. 17 Devonte Boyd 2014-SA
 17 Demond Thompkins 1991-94

The 148 yards rushing by Armani Rogers last week at Air Force was the 3rd best rushing game by a QB in UNLV history & the 12 100+ yard rushing game by a UNLV QB in program history

Rogers’ fourth-quarter fumble at Air Force snapped the team’s 20-quarter streak without having lost a fumble

Rogers is 3rd in the MWC in total offense (247.7 ypg)

Lexington Thomas is third in the Mountain West with 119.0 rushing yards per game

Utah State head coach Matt Wells’ 31 wins rank tied for the fourth-most all-time in school history along with John Ralston (1959-62)

UNLV is outscoring opponents in the 1st & 3rd quarters and is being outscored in 2nd & 4th quarters

Utah State head coach Matt Wells is the first Aggie coach to win multiple games against BYU since Bruce Snyder (1976-82) posted wins against the Cougars in 1978 and 1982, which is a span of 10 head coaches.

Utah State has nine players listed on its current depth chart that began their Aggie careers as walk-ons

Utah State has 10 players on its current roster who are married

Guest RoscoesDad
On 10/16/2017 at 11:10 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Some postmortem on the Air Force collapse 

UNLV forced and recovered four fumbles on the day but could only convert those turnovers into 10 total points as AFA quarterback Arion Worthman scored all five of his team’s touchdowns on the ground as part of his 166-yard rushing day.

UNLV scored the first 27 points of the game and Air Force scored the final 27 points of the game

Walk-on defensive back Jocquez Kalili, who made his second career start at cornerback, had four total tackles, including two TFL, forced two fumbles that the Rebels recovered and recovered another one himself.

Lexington Thomas took a handoff on third-and-one and turned it into a 55-yard rushing touchdown on the opening series. It marked the fourth time in the last five games that Lightning had at least one 55-yard rush

Armani Rogers turned in his first 100-yard rushing game as a Rebel and the 12th in history by a UNLV quarterback. His 148 yards on 16 carries ranked third in school history. The school record is 165 yards by Hunkie Cooper vs. Oregon State in 1991

Devonte Boyd’s three receptions moved him past Earvin Johnson (183 from 2001-04) into fifth place on the UNLV career catches list with 184

UNLV had gone 10 quarters without a turnover when Armani Rogers threw a first-quarter interception

Former starting quarterback Johnny Stanton, who has earned time on special teams this season, saw his first action on defense when he came in as a Rebel backer in the second quarter. Stanton finished with two tackles on assists

I didn't notice Stanton on D.  That is interesting.  Also, that walk on Kalili is a goddamn animal.  We could use about 10 more of him on defense.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

I didn't notice Stanton on D.  That is interesting.  Also, that walk on Kalili is a goddamn animal.  We could use about 10 more of him on defense.

Kalili has been a gem ..........one year of HS FB at Arbor View........then walked on at Arizona..........then walked on to UNLV 

Do I need the sports package on Directv for Ch. 683? I seem to remember most of those high 600 channels need the sports pack.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

1 hour ago, teappotts said:

Do I need the sports package on Directv for Ch. 683? I seem to remember most of those high 600 channels need the sports pack.

I think you do, but I've had it for so long I don't remember if it's part of the sports package. $12.

Guest RoscoesDad
5 hours ago, teappotts said:

Yes it is the old ROOT sports channel.  Cox just picked it up locally also,

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Cox 1313 in HD 313 SD 

Will be making changes soon.  I can find good streams for any game/sport on Reddit for free instead of paying $200/mo for DTV. to get access to sports channels.  Just killed Sunday Ticket at like $40/mo. and still watch the games I want.  

17 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Will be making changes soon.  I can find good streams for any game/sport on Reddit for free instead of paying $200/mo for DTV. to get access to sports channels.  Just killed Sunday Ticket at like $40/mo. and still watch the games I want.  

just so you know, you don't have to pay direct tv $200/month to get the sports channels. Just buy the cheapest package there is, and add the sports package for $12. You might have to call them though, they don't list that online.

Guest RoscoesDad
4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

just so you know, you don't have to pay direct tv $200/month to get the sports channels. Just buy the cheapest package there is, and add the sports package for $12. You might have to call them though, they don't list that online.

It is their premier pkg with all the movie and sports channels. Its like $150/mo then add on all their bullsit extra reciever and tv fees and its like $185/mo.  The extra sports channels i get on DTV are holding me hostage to making a change. 

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

It is their premier pkg with all the movie and sports channels. Its like $150/mo then add on all their bullsit extra reciever and tv fees and its like $185/mo.  The extra sports channels i get on DTV are holding me hostage to making a change. 

but that's what i'm trying to tell you. you don't have to buy the premier package, just get the cheapest, and then call them and tell them you want to add the sports package. I pay $12/mo for all the sports channels, it's a separate add on, and I dropped the premier package years ago.

15 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Yes it is the old ROOT sports channel.  Cox just picked it up locally also,

Thanks guys, I might just pick up the sports pack till the end of football, maybe even mbb season.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102017aaa.html

Utah State continues Mountain West play this weekend when the Aggies head south to take on UNLV on Saturday, Oct. 21, at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nev.

The game, which is slated to kick off at 4 p.m. (MT), will be streamed online regionally through the Mountain West Network and Stadium with Drew Goodman (play-by-play), Sed Bonner (analyst) and Brad Thompson (reporter) on the call.

For Aggie fans outside of the Rocky Mountain region, the game will be seen throughout the AT&T SportsNet Southwest region on their alternate channel. The game can also be seen on ROOT SPORTS Northwest in the states of Washington, Oregon and Alaska, and offered to those cable affiliates in Montana and northwest Idaho for alternate channel distribution.