Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

CSU @ UNM... it’s game day!

Typical Bod Davie... when asked if he thought about letting his field goal kicker try a 63 yarder, he says absolutely. He’s shown in practice to have the leg for it... ?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Hey ram fans, first chance one of you guys get, cannyou post Bobo’s Post game interview? I’d be interested In hearing his thoughts on this game.

still think that was a safety, and that was a catch that maybhave forced us into OT. But that’s how it goes, you lose some, you lose some.

Yeah not gonna dwell on the calls tonight, game we should have won but didn't. Oh well on to Wyoming.

4 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Yeah not gonna dwell on the calls tonight, game we should have won but didn't. Oh well on to Wyoming.

Yeah, I was thinking about a road trip up to Laramie next week, but right now I’m feeling I don’t have the stomach for it anymore. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Annnnnnnd enjoy that penalty flag barrage folks because Vegas certainly will.

Just enough time remaining for the Lobos to score and crap on the Rams covering the spread. ESPN made Vegas a lot of money tonight with garbage refs.

When our offense needs to be pecked at with crap calls we're moving the right direction.

Had the pleasure of watching the back judge throw a holding flag in the end zone...realize he threw it in the end zone...walk up to the flag and move it to the half yard line as UNM players started celebrating with safety signal...from my vantage point ten feet away in the south end zone. Awesome. ? That kind of night.

McQuarley better sit when it counts. That kid is spitting the ball up way too much. Our running backs aren't finishing and our QB's need to nut up fast.

Not much home cooking with the officiating for UNM tonight. There were a bunch of crappy calls/non-calls tonight that mostly benefitted CSU. The Gallup reception that wasn't on their first drive tonight was pretty horrendous. It looked like the same line judge that called Gallup's play a catch was the same dude who spotted the UNM RB a good yard short of where he went out on UNM's first drive.

Both teams looked good at times tonight, and both looked pretty crappy at times also. I think I also counted 7 CSU players helped off the field tonight.

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Not how I saw it.  Bobo went into prevent offense for most of the game, and when he occasionally did open it up Stevens looked like he was on a hangover.  A bad, bad, representation of of CSU football.  We're kind of fond of thinking we're pretty special this year.  Tonight said otherwise.

Hence it was a pretty entertaining game!  I am a Cowboy after all :P.

Great game Colorado St. Great win. 27-24 win that came down all the way to the bitter end. My phone died at halftime, which didn’t start until well after 10. I can telll you the Lobos wanted to win this game so bad. The Lobo defense was manically hitting. CSU overcame a Herculean effort by New Mexico last night and came out of Albuquerque with a win, and bowl eligibility. I’m damn pissed off about the refs who just wouldn’t get off our nuts last night but...Much respect. 

Damn, Lose 3 starters against FSU, and now, just learned that 2 more went down... Bijon Parker and Romel Jordan both with broken arms last night, and they think our nose tackle Williams may have torn his ACL. We limped into this game last night, but we'll be hunched over and dragging a leg going into the Wyoming game  next week... Ouch! I cant remember when this team has had this many critical injuries. I'll have to ask coach Davie at the coaches show this coming week, but I think that 5 or 6 starters down, three with season ending injuries... I wonder if a broken arm happening during mid season would be considered "season ending"?

CSU had several players go down last night as well. CSU/UNM games are always physical, but last night was brutal! Hope CSU didn't lose any players?

15 minutes ago, 15csu2014 said:

We deserved to lose with that performance. Thanks to the refs and umm receivers! Let's hope our coaches figure it out before next week... So ugly. 

We've been on the bad end of some poor officiating.  I'm not proud to be the beneficiary of that for a change, but I have to be thankful.  We needed it.

I want to thank ESPN for making this game unbearably and and taking away any flow to the contest whatsoever.  Tonights Fresno @ SDSU tilt starts 15 minutes after the Wyo @ Boise game.  Wanna' bet it finishes at least 1/2 hour earlier?

3 hours ago, LoboSage said:

Thank you ESPN for showing sleeping fans.

Sorry MW...for our horizontal home crowd.

Congrats CSU on a great start to the Mountain Division championship.

Well, it was close to midnight, and I would bet most of those sleeping were kids, or partied out teens... yeah that it... run with that line Lobo fans... damn kids! :P

And to @Lobo Amor, I agree with you. A team would feed off of their coach fighting for them! I dislike that Davie would rather take a knee with quite a few seconds on the clock going into halftime, instead of at least trying to toss a hail mar, or at very least a long down field pass or something... one never know what can happen! When it comes to questionable plays, Davie just ho-hums way to much for my liking.

3 hours ago, LoboSage said:

Thank you ESPN for showing sleeping fans.

Sorry MW...for our horizontal home crowd.

Congrats CSU on a great start to the Mountain Division championship.

ESPN makes games last into the next day, and then makes fun of fans that are still willing to tough it out.  Says all you need to know about ESPN and why they're losing business.

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I want to thank ESPN for making this game unbearably and and taking away any flow to the contest whatsoever.  Tonights Fresno @ SDSU tilt starts 15 minutes after the Wyo @ Boise game.  Wanna' bet it finishes at least 1/2 hour earlier?

Ah geez, the Wyoming-Boise game is on ESPN too? I was looking forward to that. I'll probably just DVR and start an hour into it, but than I can't read the hateful commentary here on MWC. :(