Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

CSU @ UNM... it’s game day!

After last weeks performance, I’m having serious trepidation about tonight’s game against the rammies. But I’ll be there cheering Los Lobos on though!

The game will kickoff at 8:15 p.m. and will broadcast on ESPN2. 

UNM got beat up pretty good at FSU, and two o-line starters are out for the season, so Davie is having to find bodies to plug in their spots. 

CSU as usual, is huge across the o-line and our defense is beat up as well with one starter out as well. And with Davie calling CSU a P5 team, it doesnt look good for us... but... Go Lobos!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

24 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

After last weeks performance, I’m having serious trepidation about tonight’s game against the rammies. But I’ll be there cheering Los Lobos on though!

The game will kickoff at 8:15 p.m. and will broadcast on ESPN2. 

UNM got beat up pretty good at FSU, and two o-line starters are out for the season, so Davie is having to find bodies to plug in their spots. 

CSU as usual, is huge across the o-line and our defense is beat up as well with one starter out as well. And with Davie calling CSU a P5 team, it doesnt look good for us... but... Go Lobos!

I think you guys will be fine on offense.  You'll need a couple of breaks on defense to win this thing, I think.

What do you guys have for DEs?  I think pressure on Stevens from the corners are key.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Excited for this game. Feels weird being so excited on Friday night!

I'm hoping last week was a wake-up call for the defense and special teams and we come out firing on all cylinders.

Let's hope this ends up like last year!

32 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

Excited for this game. Feels weird being so excited on Friday night!

I'm hoping last week was a wake-up call for the defense and special teams and we come out firing on all cylinders.

Let's hope this ends up like last year!

Nevada woke us up I think.  I expect our team to be very focused on the task at hand.  If we protect the ball we should win this one but it's always a dog fight in the ABQ.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Lobo 59 -- we Ramies too are feeling trepidation about tonights contest.  We always play each other tough, and UNM gets even tougher at ABq.  And that darn Option is sooo elaborate & tricky to Defend.  Especially in the hands of a smart HC like Davie.  BTW, how's your D looking this year?  Ours was looking stout vs. Pro O's & Spread O's, but that HOT UNR Air Raid O tricked & wore our butts out (especially our Safeties).  Davie's probably licking his chops after watching that film.

Here's to a great game that provides a platform for Both Teams to show the very best of their Talents & Coaching abilities... and NO SERIOUS INJURIES.

Wish I could be there... lots of memories in your stadium watching my son play against his old HS teammate (Robert Turner), with my 80yr old Mom in the stands with me.

Go RAM &  LOBOS... and Go MWC !!!

@RAMification, well.... we were thinking that we finally have a stout defense to go along with a potent offense. And that pretty much was the case with the two game previous to the FSU game. The defense was lights out, in shutdown mode against Tulsa, I team that regularly RUTS on us every time we play them, and the AFA games was also a pretty good defensive effort against their  wishbone offense... but FSU blew all those thoughts of a strong defense out of the water for the average Lobo fan. And actually, our defense did a good job of ONLY allowing 38 points against the bulldogs, and from what I heard about the game, it could have been much worse were it not for a couple of good defensive plays they made.

Have no doubt about it RAMifcation, and I'm not blowing smoke when I say this, Los Lobos are limping into this game tonight. Heck, I'm not even sure which QB will start tonight. Lamar, or Tuvaka, or my choice... Gerhart. And I'm not even sure what the game plan will be for tonight's game. Davie said we got away from the run game too fast last week, but we got into a deep hole early against FSU, so we were forced to... the run game is NOT conducive to having to play 'catch up' football.

If CSU comes out firing on all cylinders tonight, it'll be a long night, and look for UNM to abandon the running game early again. They'll most likely try to go to the air with Tuvaka. I hope I'm wrong and way off base though...

GO LOBOS!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

35 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Excellent.  Whoever Wins, I want both teams to look GREAT on ESPN tonight.  We (MWC) have a bunch of fans to impress Nation-wide!!

Im hoping for that as well. But Im afraid the crowd wont be as great as we would hope. Its Friday Night Lights here in the Q, and with 4 of the bigger schools in the city having games scheduled at 7pm tonight the fan base will be divided as to where to go. But. we'll do the best we can with what we got!

Really wanted to go to the game. Disappointed I didn’t just make the trip

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

@RAMification, well.... we were thinking that we finally have a stout defense to go along with a potent offense. And that pretty much was the case with the two game previous to the FSU game. The defense was lights out, in shutdown mode against Tulsa, I team that regularly RUTS on us every time we play them, and the AFA games was also a pretty good defensive effort against their  wishbone offense... but FSU blew all those thoughts of a strong defense out of the water for the average Lobo fan. And actually, our defense did a good job of ONLY allowing 38 points against the bulldogs, and from what I heard about the game, it could have been much worse were it not for a couple of good defensive plays they made.

Have no doubt about it RAMifcation, and I'm not blowing smoke when I say this, Los Lobos are limping into this game tonight. Heck, I'm not even sure which QB will start tonight. Lamar, or Tuvaka, or my choice... Gerhart. And I'm not even sure what the game plan will be for tonight's game. Davie said we got away from the run game too fast last week, but we got into a deep hole early against FSU, so we were forced to... the run game is NOT conducive to having to play 'catch up' football.

If CSU comes out firing on all cylinders tonight, it'll be a long night, and look for UNM to abandon the running game early again. They'll most likely try to go to the air with Tuvaka. I hope I'm wrong and way off base though...

GO LOBOS!

Might be part of the game plan anyway.  We're third in the conference against the run, 10th against the pass.

@RAMification is right.  Most of us aren't convinced that this one is in the bag.  I think we may blow you out, but just as likely we crap down our leg and lose.

27 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i don't think UNM is as bad as they looked last saturday.  But they need to just +++++ing burn that game tape and purge it from their mind.

Some teams are just bad matchups for other teams. Unfortunately CSU is also, typically, a bad matchup for UNM.

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Some teams are just bad matchups for other teams. Unfortunately CSU is also, typically, a bad matchup for UNM.

We've had their number for a few years, but it hasn't been easy (except for last year).  They're also due.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

We've had their number for a few years, but it hasn't been easy (except for last year).  They're also due.

I'm really not sure what is up with UNM this year. They are a Jeckal and Hyde team. I don't think they are as bad as they were in Fresno last week, but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm really not sure what is up with UNM this year. They are a Jeckal and Hyde team. I don't think they are as bad as they were in Fresno last week, but who knows. 

For a couple of reasons this is one of the games that I've been most worried about since day 1.  That worry is stuck in my head.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Just heard on the radio that UNM changed their colors for the night from Scarlet/Gray to Scarlet/Anthracite.  Can't make this shit up.

Anthracite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthracite

the blue numbers piss me off