Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrBulldog

KC vs. Raiders, what a game!

The ending of that game was an epic  qb clinic put on by Carr!

Not even thinking about the 2 min drive, whole field long that led to the ending sequence.  Carr threw 4 consecutive td passes in the end zone, from the 1 ft/10 yd/5yd line, completed 3 of them, all different plays and 3 different receivers.  Wow!

As a Bronco fan, I can't believe how much I was rooting for the Raiders.  I always thought the Raiders were one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, but the Chefs put on a clinic that could be used to train referees on all the different ways to hold a receiver.  Glad Carr finally made them pay.

49 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

The ending of that game was an epic  qb clinic put on by Carr!

Not even thinking about the 2 min drive, whole field long that led to the ending sequence.  Carr threw 4 consecutive td passes in the end zone, from the 1 ft/10 yd/5yd line, completed 3 of them, all different plays and 3 different receivers.  Wow!

As a Raiders fan, I loved the outcome, of course, but the road to it was tough.

First and goal inside the one, I was thinking about how much we could have used Lynch and how poetic it might have been if we lost the game because he was a bonehead.  Personally, I hope he gets suspended for the rest of the year for that shyt.

Then offensive PI?  What worse could have happened then?  A TO I guess, but dang that killed me.

Then defensive PI?  You're killing me smalls.

Denver fans all around me were Raider fans last night and this morning :)

Carr was a stud last night and I thought he was out for the rest of the season two weeks ago.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Grew up and was long time Chiefs fan...........hated the Raiders............now that the Raiders are headed to LV, I honestly watched the end of that game as a generic fan and that might have been the best NFL ending I've ever seen .......Raiders in, then out, then penalty moves them back from the 1 to the 11..........then KC penalty moves Raiders up to the 5............then Raiders have 1 play to get the TD and Carr comes thru with a zip pass to Crabtree.

Think my old flame for the Chiefs has been extinguished over the years and I might be able to enjoy following the Raiders in my older years since they will be my "home team" (Never thought I'd want or ever get to type that sentiment:unsure:

Loved that game.  Also Loved the Analyst w/ the higher pitched voice... who did a great job of showing the QB reads & how it affected his targets... over & over. 

I kept wondering who this newbie voice, some fat guy (I pictured him as fat & outta shape) who had Coached in the NFL??   I kept thinking this guy really knows what he's saying.... and was wondering whether NBC would fire him for being tooooo authoritative.

Then I found out it was Romo after the game !!!!   Well, no wonder he was sooooooooo knowledgable & insightful.   He shoulda added to his commentary... "And how does Tony know not to throw it inside the hashes when 1 Safety comes down???  Because I made that throw 2x's vs. Pitt in 2012..."

Did you guys enjoy his analysis, or hate it??  It was the main reason I hung with the game after KC was up by 9.

Carr made Fresno very proud last night... and so did Alex Smith for the MWC Utes !!  Go MWC!!!!!! 

Together in unity, the MWC stands taller & will achieve far more, than as individual Programs & Universities.  We need to give SJSU a break & a helping hand... and give BYU lots of sh**.

4 hours ago, madhttr said:

As a Bronco fan, I can't believe how much I was rooting for the Raiders.  I always thought the Raiders were one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, but the Chefs put on a clinic that could be used to train referees on all the different ways to hold a receiver.  Glad Carr finally made them pay.

some of the non-calls in that game were atrocious

36 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Loved that game.  Also Loved the Analyst w/ the higher pitched voice... who did a great job of showing the QB reads & how it affected his targets... over & over. 

I kept wondering who this newbie voice, some fat guy (I pictured him as fat & outta shape) who had Coached in the NFL??   I kept thinking this guy really knows what he's saying.... and was wondering whether NBC would fire him for being tooooo authoritative.

Then I found out it was Romo after the game !!!!   Well, no wonder he was sooooooooo knowledgable & insightful.   He shoulda added to his commentary... "And how does Tony know not to throw it inside the hashes when 1 Safety comes down???  Because I made that throw 2x's vs. Pitt in 2012..."

Did you guys enjoy his analysis, or hate it??  It was the main reason I hung with the game after KC was up by 9.

Carr made Fresno very proud last night... and so did Alex Smith for the MWC Utes !!  Go MWC!!!!!! 

Together in unity, the MWC stands taller & will achieve far more, than as individual Programs & Universities.  We need to give SJSU a break & a helping hand... and give BYU lots of sh**.

everyone loves romo, this is like the third raider game he's done this year and he's great. not the best voice, not the best chemistry with nantz but his knowledge in the booth is something nobody has verbalized in such a way before. 

i'd pay money for him to take over the OC job in oakland over todd downing

1 hour ago, TK_05 said:

everyone loves romo, this is like the third raider game he's done this year and he's great. not the best voice, not the best chemistry with nantz but his knowledge in the booth is something nobody has verbalized in such a way before. 

i'd pay money for him to take over the OC job in oakland over todd downing

Romo's gift is translating what he sees on the field into verbage us plebeians can understand.  I can't believe CBS was apprehensive about replacing Simms with him. It's night and day. 

I'm a Dallas fan and I don't enjoy Romo in the booth. It is the predictions that bother me. I want to watch the game without knowing what the next play is going to be. It is like going to the movies with someone that has already seen the film. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, masterfrog said:

I'm a Dallas fan and I don't enjoy Romo in the booth. It is the predictions that bother me. I want to watch the game without knowing what the next play is going to be. It is like going to the movies with someone that has already seen the film. 

Yes, his analysis is good, but I hate when ex-players predict what the play will be or second guess it after the fact (well, except "Give the dang ball to Marshawn Lynch" in the SB).  Explain what is going through the coach's mind or what the QB is looking at in the defense, explain the Xs and Os of why a play did or didn't work, but your career is over--shut up about what you would do in this situation.  And he's a bit too excitable at times, switching back and forth between sounding like he's a fan of whichever team just made the last good play.  Enthusiasm is good, but keep it balanced.

But compared to Phil Simms he might make it to the Hall of Fame--for broadcasting.  And after yesterday's game I wish he was playing for the Broncos.