Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Death to Mobile Websites!!!

Hey, knock yourself out if you fancy them, but don't make it a pain in the asss for everyone else to avoid them. For a while, Atomic web browser was great where you could turn off mobiles and the web would see your phone as a desktop. Then Atomic took a dump and I've been having to constantly hit the "view desktop site" at the bottom of pages which is a pain. Now sometimes even the desktop site links don't work. Does anyone have a simple way around? I know about the more complicated and painful "fixes", but they have drawbacks. 

kat.jpg

47 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Hey, knock yourself out if you fancy them, but don't make it a pain in the asss for everyone else to avoid them. For a while, Atomic web browser was great where you could turn off mobiles and the web would see your phone as a desktop. Then Atomic took a dump and I've been having to constantly hit the "view desktop site" at the bottom of pages which is a pain. Now sometimes even the desktop site links don't work. Does anyone have a simple way around? I know about the more complicated and painful "fixes", but they have drawbacks. 

I can't disagree. About 95% of mobile sites have 1/3 the functionality of desktop sites and they remove the most important features.

I would say that for some reason about 5% of mobile sites really, really, really have it together and they are better put together than their full website. I wish I knew why. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.