Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

GW Bush Scolds Trump in Speech

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm kinda nostalgic for George W.

He will be remembered as a much better president as time goes by than when he left office.  I miss him too, he did some stuff I didn't like, but he's a lot better than the two clowns we've had since.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

He will be remembered as a much better president as time goes by than when he left office.  I miss him too, he did some stuff I didn't like, but he's a lot better than the two clowns we've had since.

Let's not get carried away....Bush got us into a HUGE unnecessary war which we are still feeling the effects of today...he didn't get Bin Laden....and he left us with the worst economy since the Great Depression.  At least he wasn't a white supremacist and serial liar.  I am not sure who was worse, though, because Bush was way more effective at getting horrible legislation passed.  Trump is more frustrating but he is completely inept.

Posted Image

11 hours ago, pokebball said:

Why do you think trump even cares what bush said? 

:facepalm:

Yeah, you keep feigning ignorance about the guy you voted for who practices ignorance on a regular basis.

(I know, I know you voted for Gary -Aleppo Moment- Johnson, or whatever.  Yup.)

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

5 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Bush made some obvious mistakes but he has a whole bunch of successes too.

Who would have thought the 2 disasters that followed him could not only be worse but make him look pretty damn smart.

19 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Bush, the best president of the 21 century by a mile.

Did not think I would be saying that 10 years ago.

I thought creating huge debt and invading sovereign nations bothered you?  Or is it only when some uppity N.....Kenyan is at fault, in your twisted, DDT addled brain?

I can think of at least 3,000 American families and well over half a million Iraqi families with good cause to inform you how full of shit you are.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

53 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I thought creating huge debt and invading sovereign nations bothered you?  Or is it only when some uppity N.....Kenyan is at fault, in your twisted, DDT addled brain?

I can think of at least 3,000 American families and well over half a million Iraqi families with good cause to inform you how full of shit you are.

Obama created more debt than Bush and bombed more countries.

https://www.poynter.org/news/fact-checking-war-comparisons-between-obama-and-bush

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/18/jeb-bush/jeb-bush-says-barack-obama-will-add-more-debt-all-/

They only hypocrite is you Boise fan.

26 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

He might be a fun guy to have a drink with.. But the Iraq war is one of the greatest American tragedies.

No it isn't.

That is one of the most ignorant of statements I have ever heard.    The Iraq war isn't even a top 10 American tragedy.

Any list of American tragedies would have to include in no particular order: the civil war, slavery, WWI, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Revolutionary war, war of 1812, The Great Depression, There was a hurricane that hit Texas in 1900 that killed more people than the Iraq war, Air pollution kills a 400K americans every year, Mexican American War, half a million babies are aborted every year.

Iraq is just another idiot war our government is addicted too.

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

No it isn't.

That is one of the most ignorant of statements I have ever heard.    The Iraq war isn't even a top 10 American tragedy.

Any list of American tragedies would have to include in no particular order: the civil war, slavery, WWI, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Revolutionary war, war of 1812, The Great Depression, There was a hurricane that hit Texas in 1900 that killed more people than the Iraq war, Air pollution kills a 400K americans every year, Mexican American War, half a million babies are aborted every year.

Iraq is just another idiot war our government is addicted too.

I don't think one can judge the magnitude of tragedies simply by the casualty totals. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

12 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Bush made some obvious mistakes but he has a whole bunch of successes too.

Who would have thought the 2 disasters that followed him could not only be worse but make him look pretty damn smart.

What were these great successes? Afghanistan is still a mess and we will be there forever. Iraq was a monumental catastrophe. The economy was in literal free fall the day he left office (not all his fault, obviously, but it did happen under his watch). He ran up a huge deficit by combining massive tax cuts with enormous spending initiatives. Patriot Act. Rendition. Torture. Yeah, he was an ace that guy was.

Even the thing he was most right about, immigration, he wasn't able to pass.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him over Trump simply because Bush is a decent human being with some bad ideas (and bad advisors). That gives him a leg up on Trump. But I don't think we need to paint an unnecessarily rosy picture of his tenure.

17 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well it's been nine years since he was in office, and I still don't think history looks upon his time fondly. Yes, there will always be selective memory, but the usual metrics we measure administrations by will always be tough on Bush. Iraq (completely his doing) and economic calamity (not all his doing, for certain, but happened while on his watch) will always be part of his legacy, unfortunately for him.

On 10/20/2017 at 8:43 AM, pokebball said:

Why do you think trump even cares what bush said? 

Because his attack dog Bannon is going after Bush now.   

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/21/bannon-slams-former-president-bush-as-most-destructive-president-in-ongoing-attack-to-gop-establishment.html

the war between the Dems and Repubs is nothing like the internal war within the Republican Party.

CBS gave the presidents the following ranks:

9 .  Reagan

12. Obama

15. Clinton

20. George HW Bush

26. Carter

33. George W Bush

The idea that Obama was worse than Bush or Carter is completely laughable to anyone with intellectual honesty.  I would agree that Clinton and Obama are probably in the same range with the slight edge going to Obama.  Bush is sub Carter and Trump will also be sub Carter and likely sub Bush.  Republicans sure have give us some really crappy presidents lately.  

Posted Image

13 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Did you read that politifact link? It adds great context to the Bush v. Obama debt. Yes, in total dollars Obama added more to the debt. But by percentage they added nearly the same.

in addition, it is disingenuous to not consider the free-falling economy Obama inherited and the emergency measures he took in this conversation. You might not agree with the measures, and that’s fair, but it wasn’t as purely reckless as say a massive tax cut during war time.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Because his attack dog Bannon is going after Bush now.   

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/21/bannon-slams-former-president-bush-as-most-destructive-president-in-ongoing-attack-to-gop-establishment.html

the war between the Dems and Repubs is nothing like the internal war within the Republican Party.

#Zombiethoughts

I don't wanna eat him, you eat him

No, YOU eat him

No, YOU eat him

No, YOU eat him

DMl6oSLVAAAaoND.jpg

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Even if Iraq is not one of the greatest American tragedies, which OK, if Blues says so, it is easily one of our greatest foreign policy blunders.

Iraq was really a bad decision but on the scale of bad decisions it was inconsequential.  The consequences didn't change the foreign policy landscape by much.  Worst effect, we created more terrorists.  They are not much of a real danger though.

Compare that to Obama killing Gaddafi after he had agreed to a treaty.  That Libya had fully complied with.  Making it obvious especially to Iran and North Korea you do not give up your nukes .

Compare that to Obama's "asia pivot", which destroyed 6+ decades of successful policy keeping Russia and China apart.  Now Russia has another customer for their oil and NATO is effectively dead.   Northern Europe has no choice but to do what Russia says.

25 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

174,000 Iraqi civilians died.. But I guess their casualty totals don’t mean anything.

Not even a drop in the bucket to real big disasters.   More people die yearly to air pollution in this country.

Iraq is a third world country with a little oil.  If the whole country was incinerated in a nuclear holocaust, no one would miss them.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Did you read that politifact link? It adds great context to the Bush v. Obama debt. Yes, in total dollars Obama added more to the debt. But by percentage they added nearly the same.

in addition, it is disingenuous to not consider the free-falling economy Obama inherited and the emergency measures he took in this conversation. You might not agree with the measures, and that’s fair, but it wasn’t as purely reckless as say a massive tax cut during war time.

Did you read that link?

The only reason Obama did not beat Bush by a wide margin was the tea party forcing sequestration.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

CBS gave the presidents the following ranks:

9 .  Reagan

12. Obama

15. Clinton

20. George HW Bush

26. Carter

33. George W Bush

The idea that Obama was worse than Bush or Carter is completely laughable to anyone with intellectual honesty.  I would agree that Clinton and Obama are probably in the same range with the slight edge going to Obama.  Bush is sub Carter and Trump will also be sub Carter and likely sub Bush.  Republicans sure have give us some really crappy presidents lately.  

Obama is the worst president in history.

And it really isn't close.