Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

OT: World Series!!

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

They had nothing against Kershaw’s A game in game 1. They did alright in game 2. Honestly if I were a Dodger fan, Springer, Bregman, Altuve, and Correa; all would terrify every time they came up. Only Bellinger really does that from me from the Dodgers now that Turner is gimpy.

Houston doesn’t really have a weak spot on offense.. Maybe McCann but he’s a clutch guy. Gurriel has become a beast. Marwin hasn’t played well in the playoffs but he was one of their best all year.

Game 7 would be McCullers vs Wood right?

7 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Unless Verlander throws a complete game, who in Houston's bullpen is anything close to quasi-reliable?  Everyone's been hit hard.

The Dodgers have the same issue. And Rich Hill has only gone 5 innings at most this postseason. Verlander doesn’t need to go 9, just give the bullpen more than Hill gives LA and the Astros are in a good spot comparatively.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Houston doesn’t really have a weak spot on offense.. Maybe McCann but he’s a clutch guy. Gurriel has become a beast. Marwin hasn’t played well in the playoffs but he was one of their best all year.

I think the Dodgers would go with Darvish, with Kershaw available for long relief.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Darvish started Game 3, but it might end up being Wood if this goes 7

That game was nuts!! I can't believe the number of big hits and comebacks. Houston weathered the Kershaw storm and are in a good position to win this thing. 

12 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No kidding. I feel like I'm watching a high level slow pitch softball game....every hitter can go deep and they're swinging for the fences almost every at bat.

It seems like there is very little movement on pitches this series. Jansen looked like he was throwing BP. 

22 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Kershaw has never been a good postseason pitcher. 

Inconsistent, maddening, all of it.  That same Kershaw who got shelled last night, also shut down Houston in Game 1 and the Cubs in the NLCS clincher over his previous two starts.  And served up at least one homer in all of his starts this October. 

Those were no cheap shots either.  They were squared up nicely.

Guest RoscoesDad
2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Inconsistent, maddening, all of it.  That same Kershaw who got shelled last night, also shut down Houston in Game 1 and the Cubs in the NLCS clincher over his previous two starts.  And served up at least one homer in all of his starts this October. 

Those were no cheap shots either.  They were squared up nicely.

I think he's given up what - 8 or 9 HR just this post season?  

I can see why non-fans are loving this series.  For me it is excruciating hard to enjoy at this point...all the ups and downs have completely worn me out. My buddy back in CA has already broken his TV and his remote.  

4 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I think he's given up what - 8 or 9 HR just this post season?  

I can see why non-fans are loving this series.  For me it is excruciating hard to enjoy at this point...all the ups and downs have completely worn me out. My buddy back in CA has already broken his TV and his remote.  

What's not to love about it? This is fun baseball to watch! Unless you're a Dodger's fan (so far). 

45 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

What's not to love about it? This is fun baseball to watch! Unless you're a Dodger's fan (so far). 

I have no preference for either team, but I haven't missed a game of this series - last night was insane with the rally's and it coming down to the last pitch with a Dodger on 3rd to tie the game 

This World Series has been absolutely riveting, and last night was one for the ages. I typically side toward pitching and defense (like Game 1), but it's hard to not love the drama of Games 2 and 5. 

16 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I haven’t watched a single Dodgers game but Jensen just looks like he throws hittable pitches.. Giles does the same, just straight meat down the middle or 4 balls. But he’s the best closer in baseball so I don’t know.

He lives off of cutters, similar to Mariano Rivera. That pitch is effective because of its late, subtle break that is impossible for hitters to recognize. If he is locating that pitch well it makes it nearly impossible to square, which makes him pretty close to unhittable. Judging by the results, his location must have been just a touch off last night.

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

He lives off of cutters, similar to Mariano Rivera. That pitch is effective because of its late, subtle break that is impossible for hitters to recognize. If he is locating that pitch well it makes it nearly impossible to square, which makes him pretty close to unhittable. Judging by the results, his location must have been just a touch off last night.

And he pitched 2 innings