Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboSage

BYU at UNM

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

+++++ New Mexico for their dumb ass heacd football coach and for them allowing BYU on their campus. Losers

It's for a good cause...disaster relief.

BTW, I don't agree with your sentiment.

2 hours ago, LoboSage said:

I am hearing that BYU is coming to The Pit on Friday, October 27th for an exhibition basketball game to benefit....

That could be fun.

Has Paul Weir declared BYU to be a a P5 team yet?

2 hours ago, Fido said:

I don't think it has been officially announced, but.....I'm good with it.

Im good with it too. Pretty much guarantees a sellout for this game, exhibition or not! I'm sure Lobo fans will go full throttle when the Borg returns to Nuevo Mexico... I'll be there!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

32 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

I’m all for charity but I’m not in favor of BYU coming here. I’ll go of course but Id rather play a charity game with Utah. 

Those bastards aren’t charitable.  Still helping Coach K pay off his BYU buyout. ;)

12 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Pretty much guarantees a sellout for this game

And this is why more and more MWC schools are scheduling BYU.

G5 AD’s have a very fine financial line to walk and it is very hard to pass up a sell out.

Only Wyoming has the fortitude to hold strong on the embargo.

#oilmoney

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

9 hours ago, hawkeyelobo said:

I’m all for charity but I’m not in favor of BYU coming here. I’ll go of course but Id rather play a charity game with Utah. 

BYU played college athletics politics against our best interests. Umm, boo hoo? We did the same thing with the Gang of Seven when we threw the WAC under the bus.

BYU is one of our oldest rivals. Love em or hate em, the UNM fanbase cares far more about them than many conference teams.

10 hours ago, Fido said:

If this topic doesn’t bring @#1Stunner out of retirement I’m not sure what would.  Wasn’t he always calling for this game?

You'd think so... being that he holds an honorary "New Mexican" title and keys to the city, (with all the rights and privileges there in),  that I personally bestowed upon him!

giphy.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Update bump:

apparently Lobo basketball fans are NOT hot to trot just yet to see the new look Lobos? I realize this is a charity game, but this is against BYU! I would think there would have been more interest in this game... but according to a section in an Abq journal article this morning...

BYU GAME: Friday’s charity exhibition game against BYU in the Pit had sold 1,735 tickets as of Tuesday afternoon, according to UNM. No service fee is being charged on the game’s $10 tickets purchased in person at Dreamstyle Arena, though service fees for online purchases remain.”

Go Lobos?