Warbow

MWC Action Items for a successful future

1. Equal shares for the TV rights profits. 1/12 to each participating school to include Hawaii.

2. Allow all MWC schools to keep all Tier 3 TV deals profits. (If your school don't have one, then too bad) (Welcome back BYU)

3. Invite BYU and UTSA into the MWC. BYU and UTSA goes to the Mountain division and Boise goes to the Western division.

4. Invite Hawaii for all sports.

5. If accepted by Hawaii, waive all travel subs for football but have Hawaii Oly sports pay travel subs for the first 5 years. Travel subs will be waived for Hawaii's Oly sports only if they obtain an NCAA tourney credit for that sport.

6. Put schools under probation for withdrawal if they draw 15K and less per football home game. 3 straight years of 15K or less and you get the boot.

7. Allow transfers to sit out only 1 year (instead of 2) for inter-conference transfers for all sports. Allow inter-conference grad transfers to play immediately.

8. Fire Hair and hire  @mugtang as the commish.

In other words, put everyone on a equal playing field. Both financially and on the playing field/court.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, Warbow said:

1. Equal shares for the TV rights profits. 1/12 to each participating school to include Hawaii.

2. Allow all MWC schools to keep all Tier 3 TV deals profits. (If your school don't have one, then too bad) (Welcome back BYU)

3. Invite BYU and UTSA into the MWC. BYU and UTSA goes to the Mountain division and Boise goes to the Western division.

5. If accepted by Hawaii, waive all travel subs for football but have Hawaii Oly sports pay travel subs for the first 5 years. Travel subs will be waived for Hawaii's Oly sports only if they obtain an NCAA tourney credit for that sport.

6. Put schools under probation for withdrawal if they draw 15K and less per football home game. 3 straight years of 15K or less and you get the boot.

7. Allow transfers to sit out only 1 year (instead of 2) for inter-conference transfers for all sports. Allow inter-conference grad transfers to play immediately.

In other words, put everyone on a equal playing field. Both financially and on the playing field/court.

On point 6, I assume that is an average attendance.

On all the other points, I agree. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, godogsgo said:

Im good with it. Except for Mug.  Hes a prick. 

I agree.  I hate that guy. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

On point 6, I assume that is an average attendance.

On all the other points, I agree. 

The average attendance thing is silly unless you crack down on counting methods. SJSU had almost the exact same attendance last year for every game....right around 15k. Coincidence? I don't think so. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

The average attendance thing is silly unless you crack down on counting methods. SJSU had almost the exact same attendance last year for every game....right around 15k. Coincidence? I don't think so. 

I think everybody in this conference counts attendance the same way, tickets distributed.  

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think everybody in this conference counts attendance the same way, tickets distributed.  

Possibly. But you crack down on schools dumping thousands of unused free tickets at local homeless shelters or at corporate sponsor partners to count towards attendance 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

32 minutes ago, Warbow said:

No to BYU and UTSA. I think if you boot people based on per game attendance, you are going to lose a lot of members over time. A couple of down years for any of our schools an they could get hit by that. Plus attendance is simply trending down across the board. I think a better metric would be athletic budget. That shows true school commitment to the program. Attendance is a fickle thing and very difficult to control.

17 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Possibly. But you crack down on schools dumping thousands of unused free tickets at local homeless shelters or at corporate sponsor partners to count towards attendance 

Oh that shouldn’t count. 

23 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

The NCAA rules for reporting official attendance (as in, what's reported to the NCAA, not what's announced) stipulate that a school cannot count any ticket given away or sold to the general public for less than 1/3 of the face value of the cheapest ticket available to the general public for that particular game. For example, if School X hosts School Y, and the cheapest ticket available to the general public is $42, then any ticket given away or sold for less than $14 cannot be counted towards the official attendance.

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

No to BYU and UTSA. I think if you boot people based on per game attendance, you are going to lose a lot of members over time. A couple of down years for any of our schools an they could get hit by that. Plus attendance is simply trending down across the board. I think a better metric would be athletic budget. That shows true school commitment to the program. Attendance is a fickle thing and very difficult to control.

Yes to BYU and UTSA. 15K average FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS per season should be the cut-off.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

27 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I love the line "if accepted by Hawaii" lol

Ya, we may not accept, we dominating the Big West at this time in most sports and will pay less travel subs staying in the Big West.

(hope jpgaucho doesn't read this)

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

We're never inviting Hawaii in all sports. Get over it. We're not paying to send our women's tennis team for a weekend in Hawaii. It's stupid. 

maybe you should use that money to give your grads reading lessons.

#5 Hawaii pays travel subs for Oly sports.