Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

MWC Media Days: CSU Coach Says, UNM Worst Job In the country!

https://www.abqjournal.com/1079857/weir-has-worst-job-in-the-country-according-to-csu-coach.html

I don't think Eustachy is to far off the truth. If coach Weir doesn't produce soon after year 1, he'll be fed to the dogs by the ABQ media and fan base. Aside from his loyalty and friendship with former Lobo coach Craig Neal, I think he's spot on about the job, the salary, and the expectations this fan base will DEMAND of him!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Diet Coke man is a tool!  So its all about the money for him? Anything he can say to the media to keep them out of his sheep pen in Fort Collins.  How about he reveal why he doesn't live in Fort Collins year around? Hell maybe he doesn't make enough to afford housing there?   Oh wait, isn't housing more expensive in California?  But now you know, UNM, if you can pony up 2 million per year, diet coke man will come coach the Lobos and put up with any crap that comes along

Larry Ewe is a freakin nut job. Always has been. I did like his comment about him being able to collect social security in a few days. Obviously retirement planning (forced or otherwise) is on his mind.

That said, he is right that ABQ has passionate hoops fans, but the same can be said for a few other schools in this conf and they don't pay any better either.

I also wonder if Larry believes his salary is commensurate with the expectations at his school? If so, that's pretty telling.

FWIW, I don't think Weir handled the response very well regarding the media coverage. The media has fought some battles with the hoops coaches since Alford, and I wouldn't want to be picking a fight with them so early.

Well every job is crappy to Eustachy. We pay him a million bucks, he just goes and get lots of transfers and JC guys, we let him coach the Bahamas' National team, he goes home to California in the off-season. Guy is living the life.

Just once I'd like to see a reporter ask Eustachy if CSU fans should be happy with middle of the road predictions for his 6th year program after inheriting an NCAA At=large program built by Tim Miles.

7 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

Maybe one should worry about his school not what goes on at another.

Larry was offered a contract settlement after last season and turned it down.  He's coasting.

3 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Larry was offered a contract settlement after last season and turned it down.  He's coasting.

Eustachy be like...

image.gif.26f315d64ee7466414c6d70b42074ad3.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Larry Ewe is a freakin nut job. Always has been. I did like his comment about him being able to collect social security in a few days. Obviously retirement planning (forced or otherwise) is on his mind.

That said, he is right that ABQ has passionate hoops fans, but the same can be said for a few other schools in this conf and they don't pay any better either.

I also wonder if Larry believes his salary is commensurate with the expectations at his school? If so, that's pretty telling.

FWIW, I don't think Weir handled the response very well regarding the media coverage. The media has fought some battles with the hoops coaches since Alford, and I wouldn't want to be picking a fight with them so early.

Agree...wouldn't want to get trumped.

However, Grammer and Weir are buds (Las Cruces)

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Just once I'd like to see a reporter ask Eustachy if CSU fans should be happy with middle of the road predictions for his 6th year program after inheriting an NCAA At=large program built by Tim Miles.

I was fairly happy with finishing with championship games for both regular season and conference tourney titles... especially after media predicted a middle of the road finish.  I suspect we'll see more of the same this year.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Swoll, what you think of your team this year? I mean you lost two really good ones and outside of Aprentice Nixon what is there? How will you guys be? So hard to get a bead on the Rams

4th or 5th with a little upside.  Starting lineup will be Nixon, Paige, Bob, James, Carvacho.  

8 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

No. Cuz I would be betting against my own team.

Also you don't like winning bets against fellow fans?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.