Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebel412

UNLV Scarlet/Gray Showcase

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Just like last year, this is all about the state and talent level of the coaching staff and how they develop. 

A quality staff can develop players and coach a game.  We haven't seen much of that in many years. Nobody is expecting very much. Even with that said if they live up to those low expectations then I would consider that a failure. Surprises should be of a positive nature to to have any thoughts of the program heading in a positive direction. Win the games that we are supposed to and pull out a occasional  surprise. Then we'll have a conversation about the future of the program.

I think the team will be fine this year.  Menzies out guys in the NBA out of New Mexico State.  He will do even better in that department here.  Also, he never finished below third in the WAC.  He knows how to compete in conference.

I don't really care about who or how many go to the NBA. Really don't care about the WAC either. Top 3 in the WAC, really? WOW! Playing good ball and exceeding expectations is more what I'm waiting for.  Those days have been gone far too long. 

11 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I don't really care about who or how many go to the NBA. Really don't care about the WAC either. TYop 3 in the WAC, really? WOW! Playing good ball and exceeding expectations is more what I'm waiting for.  Those days have been gone far too long. 

You need NBA guys if you want to compete with the big boys.  Winning the MW isn’t enough for me.

12 hours ago, ph90702 said:

How so?

You live in 1990 and since you joined the MWC you’ve never won the conference out right. So yeah I guess saying winning the conference isn’t enough for you is silly has you’ve only done it once and tied someone.

3 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

You live in 1990 and since you joined the MWC you’ve never won the conference out right. So yeah I guess saying winning the conference isn’t enough for you is silly has you’ve only done it once and tied someone.

The Cubs went 108 years without winning the World Series.  Winning the division wasn’t enough for them.  Are they delusional?

Another thing I’d like to point out is that we recruit well enough to win another championship.  No other team in the conference can say that.

I'm not even excited about basketball, haven't even gotten season tickets yet. And might not, I might just get one of the mini packages for my daughter and I, she'll be going back to school in January, I will just be her guest. When I feel like going.

the Rebs might actually be good. I'm just tired af all the let down we've had over the last several years. 

37 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I'm not even excited about basketball, haven't even gotten season tickets yet. And might not, I might just get one of the mini packages for my daughter and I, she'll be going back to school in January, I will just be her guest. When I feel like going.

the Rebs might actually be good. I'm just tired af all the let down we've had over the last several years. 

I expect them finish ranked between 80-120 with 100 likely.