Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebel412

UNLV Scarlet/Gray Showcase

1 minute ago, Rebel412 said:

They scrimmaged in three minute halves.  Cannot tell much from that. More for entertainment value. 

Clyburn was in a boot, which hopefully is nothing major. 

I say top three finish in conference.  The non-conference will have enough glorified scrimmages for them to build some cohesion.

but we have this. it's all good.

Adam Hill‏Verified account @AdamHillLVRJ 9h9 hours ago

Shakur Juiston fan club debuted tonight at #unlvmbb fan event. Even giving out juice boxes. Needs to be a thing all year @TheTrill_Shakur

DMeJeu_VQAAPJY3.jpg

I'm glad they brought this event back for the fans that like to go. For me, I am done with them. I will go to every game, but I'm steering clear of the hype machine this season. I just want them to prove it on the court. Our record for winning the conference in hoops has been an embarrassment for this program. Menzies needs to get us there within a year or two. With the state this conference is in, there is no reason a program of UNLV's caliber shouldn't been the front runner every season.

1 hour ago, Jaredcg said:

Short sample in 6 minutes but same old rebs from last year, missed like 6 layups. Early though 

It’s really early.  Hard to judge a team based on this. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just like last year, this is all about the state and talent level of the coaching staff and how they develop. 

A quality staff can develop players and coach a game.  We haven't seen much of that in many years. Nobody is expecting very much. Even with that said if they live up to those low expectations then I would consider that a failure. Surprises should be of a positive nature to to have any thoughts of the program heading in a positive direction. Win the games that we are supposed to and pull out a occasional  surprise. Then we'll have a conversation about the future of the program.