Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs Nevada

8 hours ago, Slapdad said:

That's true. The DB had the WR's hand between his chest and his arm, almost like a boxer holds. But the WR pushed off too. There was hand checking going on by both down the sideline, which they usually won't call. 

IMG_8716.PNG

That's a good shot. You can see him start to extend his arm and the DB getting pushed away. I'm sure if you go a couple more frames you'll see it fully extended. Hand checking should never get called, but when you extended your arm to create space, that is textbook PI. 

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's a good shot. You can see him start to extend his arm and the DB getting pushed away. I'm sure if you go a couple more frames you'll see it fully extended. Hand checking should never get called, but when you extended your arm to create space, that is textbook PI. 

The DB also had his arm wrapped around our DB’s arm which is why he had to catch it with one hand.  It was a good no call. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The reason he extended his arm was to get his arm free. The video is right there....not sure how you can't can't see that the DB has his arm before he pushes off. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

That's defensive holding plain and simple.  I get a kick out of people second guessing calls even when you win.  I would trade this opi for the two non pi calls, one a clear face guarding and the other a clear push.  Not to mention that AF's cut blocks often turn into chop blocks without a call. What's the point of bringing any of it up unless it was a game changer?  LTC's a great poster, but his post is childish and not in keeping with his character.  Our kids Got their ass kicked.   At least acknowledge Henley made a hell of play with one hand - great play, plain and simple with no qualifiers. 

26 minutes ago, Wolfhomie said:

That's defensive holding plain and simple.  I get a kick out of people second guessing calls even when you win.  I would trade this opi for the two non pi calls, one a clear face guarding and the other a clear push.  Not to mention that AF's cut blocks often turn into chop blocks without a call. What's the point of bringing any of it up unless it was a game changer?  LTC's a great poster, but his post is childish and not in keeping with his character.  Our kids Got their ass kicked.   At least acknowledge Henley made a hell of play with one hand - great play, plain and simple with no qualifiers. 

Uh, I didn't win. I have absolutely no stake in this. Just a completely neutral observer. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Uh, I didn't win. I have absolutely no stake in this. Just a completely neutral observer. 

I understand, I was responding to your incorrect assertion that it was opi. :)  For good measure, I addressed LTC's sniveling as well.  

17 hours ago, Wolfhomie said:

I understand, I was responding to your incorrect assertion that it was opi. :)  For good measure, I addressed LTC's sniveling as well.  

Sorry Wolfy..,,,,no sniveling just observation.  IMHO the Receiver looped his hand thru the defender.  But it really doesn't matter, just the final score matters. (and be a Richard Cranium if you want to be in your quoted response above but it's not called for)

Speaking of the game, 

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of all scoring (it does take a few second to load but it's the top left corner box you can expand.)  Video highlights from the AF site with our radio announcer doing the voice over from his broadcast.  Note that unlike video/game highlights on many school's official athletic sites, these highlights are not one sided actually showing all scoring by both teams which is nice....kind of like DDRing the game for the scoring / highlights if you don't have time to watch. 

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/collegesportslive/index_ie.html?media=563727

..GO FALCONS..

3 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Sorry Wolfy..,,,,no sniveling just observation.  IMHO the Receiver looped his hand thru the defender.  But it really doesn't matter, just the final score matters. (and be a Richard Cranium if you want to be in your quoted response above but it's not called for)

Speaking of the game, 

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of all scoring (it does take a few second to load but it's the top left corner box you can expand.)  Video highlights from the AF site with our radio announcer doing the voice over from his broadcast.  Note that unlike video/game highlights on many school's official athletic sites, these highlights are not one sided actually showing all scoring by both teams which is nice....kind of like DDRing the game for the scoring / highlights if you don't have time to watch. 

The DB and the WR had their hands on each other, which is allowed and fine as long as they don't impede the the other. But why would the WR loop his hand into thw DB's arm if he was going for the catch? 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, ltcpilot said:

Speaking of the game, 

I've always admired your posts, and you can call me a dick head if you please.  It doesn't change the fact that you have an "air", pun intended, of superiority in your posts as of late.  Even your last little paragraph about how  objective your announce are is another little plug about the superiority of your Air Force program.  Personally, I find your announcers to be sterile and boring, but that's just me.  Put yourselves in other's shoes and I'm certain you wouldn't welcome the "it would of been even worse if there wasn't this one shitty call..."  mantra you are floating.  I stand by my words, you are sniveling after a win over a call that you and I will never agree on....  I called you on it which makes me a dick head.  I'm good with all of this and wish you all the best.  And, most importantly, thank you for your service again!

Best Regards,

Richard Cranium

On 10/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, BackthePack said:

Gangi is looking pretty good now and his long ball timing has been terrific. Defense looked lost all game trying to follow the football. I'm just happy to see competitiveness and progress in this new regime.

He looked really good against CSU. Didn't see this game as we were playing at the same time, but to score 42 you have to be pretty good. Like you said, long balls were timed well against CSU.

It really sucks that you scored 42 in two straight games and lost both, but I think you're on the upswing. Definitely looking competitive against the Mountain division.

Looks like this week was another week where both offenses deserved to win and neither defense deserved it.

2 hours ago, HylianHero said:

He looked really good against CSU. Didn't see this game as we were playing at the same time, but to score 42 you have to be pretty good. Like you said, long balls were timed well against CSU.

It really sucks that you scored 42 in two straight games and lost both, but I think you're on the upswing. Definitely looking competitive against the Mountain division.

Looks like this week was another week where both offenses deserved to win and neither defense deserved it.

Gangi played much better against CSU. He wasn't particularly sharp after the first quarter. His receivers bailed him out multiple times. Aaron Murray, who may be the least prepared commentator I've ever heard, kept complaining about his accuracy. He missed a lot of open receivers and had settle for field goals which cost us the game.