Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs Nevada

Just now, badfish said:

Yea, AFA kicker definitely had a tough game vs CSU last week...

He said it multiple times too and nobody corrected him. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, toonkee said:

Will Pack be able to stop UNLV from running?

We can’t stop anybody right now.  The question is will you be able to stop us?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Back in the normal universe, the Nevada coaching staff has been fired en masse for incompetence.  Unfortunately, we're in the alternate universe.

Edit: that includes the coaches on offense.  The playcalling is made to look good by athleticism.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Back in the normal universe, the Nevada coaching staff has been fired en masse for incompetence.  Unfortunately, we're in the alternate universe.

We don’t have the athletes to run the defense we want to run.  Our offense is fine. 

Just now, mugtang said:

We don’t have the athletes to run the defense we want to run.  Our offense is fine. 

Agreed. It's year 1 with new offensive and defensive schemes with the wrong players to run it, but it's still disappointing to lose another close one. If we had even a mediocre defense, we'd be around .500. 

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Why didn't Castille stack the box?  We have the personnel for that, I promise you.  And Mumme's playcalling is not very good.  I could write a lengthy essay on what he does wrong.

Edit: yes, I know we've been shredding defenses lately.  That doesn't mean the playcalling is any good.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Agreed. It's year 1 with new offensive and defensive schemes with the wrong players to run it, but it's still disappointing to lose another close one. If we had even a mediocre defense, we'd be around .500. 

Our offense is fine but now it’s the defense hanging the offense out to dry.  When you score 42 points in back to back games you should probably win 1 of those if not both. 

Just now, bornsilverandblue said:

Why didn't Castille stack the box?  We have the personnel for that, I promise you.  And Mumme's playcalling is not very good.  I could write a lengthy essay on what he does wrong.

We’ve scored 35, 42 & 42 the last 3 games. The offense is fine. 

Just now, NWRebel said:

No.  Our DC can watch film on you guys for a month and it wouldn’t matter.

Another shoot out! I like it. Lol

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’ve scored 35, 42 & 42 the last 3 games. The offense is fine. 

Yes, and it's been a very long time since we've done that (I'd imagine Ault's last year here).

3 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I too am Vince Lombardi on a virtual sideline. I’ve never lost a game or made a poor call. :)