Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SleepingGiantFan

2017-18 MWC writers hoops predictions

31 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

What I do see funny is how year after year Fresno St is picked in the middle of the pack and usually does better than that. I think they have a legimate shot at the title. If Boise can get over that hump they could challenge but they have to get over that hump. SDSU kind of a mystery to see how they do this year under new leadership. If they can continue like they did at the end of last year, I think they win the MWC

Uhhhh, huh? Boise won the title just three years ago. What is more "over the hump" than winning the whole thing?Fresno has never won a regular season title. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Uhhhh, huh? Boise won the title just three years ago. What is more "over the hump" than winning the whole thing?Fresno has never won a regular season title. 

Boise won a share of the regular season title that year with San Diego State however Boise didn't win the tournament. The last two years I have thought Boise would actually do better than they did but just seems something is missing from the team.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

In the last two of three seasons Fresno State has been a better team than bsu.

For the 2014-15 season bsu was the better team and showed that with a regular season conference title.

Our teams played once in the 2015-16 season with bsu getting the win. In the MWCT, bsu couldn't get by CSU to get the game against FS. FS went on to win the MWCT and bsu won nothing of note that season in conference play.

In the 2016-17 season FS swept bsu playing twice. bsu did finish the season in third, one spot ahead of FS, but couldn't escape the quarterfinals in the MWCT. Two seasons in a row bsu was a three seed and never made the semi's.

Honestly, I think FS has shown a positive trend upward the last few seasons while bsu has been fairly steady in their position within the conference. For this coming season, I like FS's chances...plenty of strong players returning and some nice additions too. Fortunately the team doesn't lose as much to graduation as it did the season before...should be very competitive with the top of the conference again. Note that the operative word is "SHOULD"...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

In the last two of three seasons Fresno State has been a better team than bsu.

For the 2014-15 season bsu was the better team and showed that with a regular season conference title.

Our teams played once in the 2015-16 season with bsu getting the win. In the MWCT, bsu couldn't get by CSU to get the game against FS. FS went on to win the MWCT and bsu won nothing of note that season in conference play.

In the 2016-17 season FS swept bsu playing twice. bsu did finish the season in third, one spot ahead of FS, but couldn't escape the quarterfinals in the MWCT. Two seasons in a row bsu was a three seed and never made the semi's.

Honestly, I think FS has shown a positive trend upward the last few seasons while bsu has been fairly steady in their position within the conference. For this coming season, I like FS's chances...plenty of strong players returning and some nice additions too. Fortunately the team doesn't lose as much to graduation as it did the season before...should be very competitive with the top of the conference again. Note that the operative word is "SHOULD"...

Yeah, you swept UNR last year too. I guess if you wanna just point out individual games every season you're better than all the conference Champs.

I was merely addressing the Boise "hasn't gotten over the hump" comment... which is completely ridiculous. They have, and they are also the only team to finish in the top 3 each of the last 3 seasons.

Boise has been a top 3 MWC basketball team since joining the MWC.. Only behind SDSU and UNM. They’ve had the best OOC wins the last few seasons too. 

Losing Austin at PG to transfer is a big loss.. But they’ve got the best player in the league  and a solid 1-8. We won’t challenge for the title I don’t think but 3rd sounds about right.

22 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise has been a top 3 MWC basketball team since joining the MWC.. Only behind SDSU and UNM. They’ve had the best OOC wins the last few seasons too. 

Losing Austin at PG to transfer is a big loss.. But they’ve got the best player in the league  and a solid 1-8. We won’t challenge for the title I don’t think but 3rd sounds about right.

They could challenge. There doesn't look like there is a standout team in the league. It looks like the top is pretty close.